PDA

View Full Version : For those of you worried about this team...words from GOD

jpdex12
12-19-2007, 08:37 AM
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071219/SPORTS0102/712190342/1012

Good ole Jimbo is setting the story straight. This article just makes you love this guy even more. He will never be replaced in Buffalo history in my mind. He still has that swagger and confidence.

After hearing this, I am not worried at all about the Bill's leaving. Maybe I'm wrong but if he wasn't so sure of things I might think otherwise. Why else would he be so overconfident? I think that he knows exactly what will probably happen after Ralphy Boy passes. We are in good hands. I can see Jim and Marv being involved with this franchise for years to come and that should mean success.

Also, I think that it's fair to specualte that he knows we will get our hands on the type of WR we need to take it to the next level. Good news!

The King
12-19-2007, 08:41 AM
Jim Kelly is truely a special person. I think the guy can thank Hunter for making him the way he is today. His confidence isnt cocky its humble, he always says and does the right thing. It would be a blessing to all Bills fans to have him involved in the future of this franchise.

ddaryl
12-19-2007, 08:41 AM
the god reference is extremely weird.

jpdex12
12-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Here, here! I'll toast to that.

It's time to ban together and bring the winning ways back to our beloved Bills!

Let's start with more payback against those bastard Giants! I don't think that any of us have forgotten what they brought us back in 1990.

It better be just like a playoff atmosphere there this weekend! That will prove to all of the naysayers what kind of team we have in the making.

Meathead
12-19-2007, 10:01 AM
does that make thurman jesus

Billzz
12-19-2007, 10:10 AM

Moses, because he parted lines like he parted seas!

jpdex12
12-19-2007, 10:39 AM

only if Thurman's mother was black, otherwise Thurm would be white.

jpdex12
12-19-2007, 10:41 AM
the god reference is extremely weird.

A figure of speech of course. SEriously, I wonder who the people of Buffalo would consider the most important figure head of Buffalo is/was?

I am not a Buffalo resident but Jimbo stands out in my eyes. He's got the edge on Tim Russert and Mouse McNally.

OpIv37
12-19-2007, 10:44 AM
Jim Kelly is truely a special person. I think the guy can thank Hunter for making him the way he is today. His confidence isnt cocky its humble, he always says and does the right thing. It would be a blessing to all Bills fans to have him involved in the future of this franchise.

I met him back in his playing days and he's definitely cocky, or at least he was circa 1995.

Still, he always makes time to be with the fans and doesn't blow anyone off. I was very impressed with that.

As far as the team staying, hearing Jimbo say it is encouraging, but the reality is that he doesn't have the money or the power to keep the team here if the NFL wants to move them.

jpdex12
12-19-2007, 10:49 AM
incredible.

ddaryl
12-19-2007, 11:39 AM
A figure of speech of course. SEriously, I wonder who the people of Buffalo would consider the most important figure head of Buffalo is/was?

I'd pick the members of moe. Best band to come out of Buffalo ever!

elltrain22
12-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Jimbo is the man. Nuff said

trapezeus
12-19-2007, 12:43 PM
i was on the jim Kelly show when i was like 11 years old. I got to ask him a question. Now, imagine, this short indian kid with the beginnings of a prepubescent mustache standing all of 4'10' looking at jimbo.

I asked, "why did you play in Houston when the Bills drafted you first?" And he looked at me like he was impressed that a kid would ask such a question, then he looked a little embarrassed, and then he just answered the question. "I'm not proud, but at the time it was more money and people told me that the winter and cold would shorten my career. So i left for Houston. I'm very happy things worked out the way they have in the end, and I wouldn't make taht mistake again."

When i sat down, my dad, who is big on integrity, said, "that's impressive. he answered the question truthfully. i thought he'd duck." And from that day on, i was always a big fan of jimbo. it was cool to have an adult answer you like an adult even though i was 11.

Also Andre Reed was on the show that night and the way they joked with each other, i thought, "these guys are the coolest."

EDS
12-19-2007, 02:11 PM
Happy holidays everyone:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3160953

ddaryl
12-19-2007, 02:14 PM
Hopefully it means that Ralph and Jimbo have a gentlemans agreement in place.

Gotta appreciate Jimbos efforts here... I know I do.

OpIv37
12-19-2007, 02:15 PM
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=142270

Meathead
12-19-2007, 02:46 PM
7-11 or wahoo

Dr. Lecter
12-19-2007, 02:48 PM
As far as the team staying, hearing Jimbo say it is encouraging, but the reality is that he doesn't have the money or the power to keep the team here if the NFL wants to move them.

He does not have the money.

It remains to be seen if he has the power.

OpIv37
12-19-2007, 03:02 PM

he doesn't, even if he has the money (which he claims is not a problem- I'm sure it's not his personal money but some buying group that he helped organize).

The NFL has to approve the sale (I believe the owners of all the teams do it) and if a buying group in Toronto or LA matches or beats Kelly's bid, Kelly can't make them accept his bid.

shelby
12-19-2007, 03:12 PM
i :heart: Jim Kelly!

"One way or another, I will make sure this team stays here. I know people who are ready to step up," said Kelly, who led the Bills to four consecutive Super Bowls as the team's quarterback. "I think Mr. Wilson has the same vision I have, and that's to keep the team in western New York.

"The easy part is the money," he said. "I wish I could tell you more ... Unfortunately, I can't say much.

"I'm just going to say that I'm not worried about the Bills leaving and I live here."

Dr. Lecter
12-19-2007, 03:15 PM
he doesn't, even if he has the money (which he claims is not a problem- I'm sure it's not his personal money but some buying group that he helped organize).

The NFL has to approve the sale (I believe the owners of all the teams do it) and if a buying group in Toronto or LA matches or beats Kelly's bid, Kelly can't make them accept his bid.

An NFL HoF can be influential. We do not know who his investor is. If it is somebody like Robert Rich, Tom G or Warren Buffet, the money is a moot issue because he will have more.

If he has the power to influence somebody like that, NFL approval would be easy.

Bufftp
12-19-2007, 06:20 PM

This is where you may be wrong. It is not about his personal net worth but who he can bring to the table. The owner of the Redskins did not start out rich. He new some wealthy people who funded a business that eventually failed. Yet they were impressed with him and funded another that was successfull. When he bougt the redskins they were investors also.

If he has the committed investors he has the money.