PDA

View Full Version : So a TON of people *****ed about Langston Walker

Tatonka
12-19-2007, 09:35 AM
people were (with justification) pissed we signed Langston and passed on Darwin.. i think i was one of those people, although, i wasnt real vocal about it.. i thought we overpaid for a piece of crap lineman..

i have to say, i think langston played very well and will only get better with more time.

really Center is the only spot i would change, and i wouldnt even be mad if they left the line totally the way it is.

I think they played great this year.

Billzz
12-19-2007, 09:48 AM
people were (with justification) pissed we signed Langston and passed on Darwin.. i think i was one of those people, although, i wasnt real vocal about it.. i thought we overpaid for a piece of crap lineman..

i have to say, i think langston played very well and will only get better with more time.

really Center is the only spot i would change, and i wouldnt even be mad if they left the line totally the way it is.

They played well but need to work on blitz pick up. That is the only real shining flaw I noticed in the last few games, to include blocking by the backs.

eyedog
12-19-2007, 09:51 AM
I talked to McNally before the season. He was very high on Walker. He said the fans don't know the half of it of what went on in Oakland with him. He said he would definitely be the right tackle. That was when some were mentioning him playing rg. I also agree that Walker has played well imo.
McNally also said before the year that Peters would be in the Pro Bowl. I guess he was right.

don137
12-19-2007, 09:51 AM
I think the line as a whole got better as the season progressed and got continuity with each other. I don't think they are in the upper echelon of O lines go in the league but they are definitely much better than last year and from where they began the season and are in the top half of the league.

justasportsfan
12-19-2007, 09:53 AM
it think wys and Moran as well.

mysticsoto
12-19-2007, 09:56 AM

Agreed. I want to hear their comments now...

That being said, on the whole, the entire Oline has to improve on run blocking. I don't know if McNally can help them though. I'm kind of thinking that is not skill they are lacking but strength. They have been working so much on speed and holding their opponent in place, that they haven't placed emphasis on the weights and in pushing their man around. I'm hoping they get a serious off-season strength program to condition them for next year!!!

Meathead
12-19-2007, 09:57 AM
in ingrish

Meathead
12-19-2007, 09:57 AM
:lolpoint: marv doubters

RingofFire
12-19-2007, 09:59 AM
Our Center Blows moose ****. SCREW MELVIN. He is a homo

DraftBoy
12-19-2007, 09:59 AM
I actually liked this signing but wanted him moved to OG, I was wrong about that, so Ill take my crow deep fried with mild Wys Sauce please.

DraftBoy
12-19-2007, 10:00 AM

Woah buddy, need to put down the red bull and step away from the keyboard.

justasportsfan
12-19-2007, 10:01 AM

well wys will bring up useless stats and Moran will change his mind

That being said, on the whole, the entire Oline has to improve on run blocking. I don't know if McNally can help them though. I'm kind of thinking that is not skill they are lacking but strength. They have been working so much on speed and holding their opponent in place, that they haven't placed emphasis on the weights and in pushing their man around. I'm hoping they get a serious off-season strength program to condition them for next year!!!

Make em lose weight but stronger so they can pull and run at least five yards down before Lynch gets there ahead of them.

Michael82
12-19-2007, 10:25 AM
I didn't have a problem with this signing. :up:

RockStar36
12-19-2007, 10:28 AM
I've liked our line for the most part this season compared to the past few seasons.
I figured this was a make or break year for McNally I think he's done enough to keep his job.

madness
12-19-2007, 10:33 AM
I remember arguing with a Raiders fan on here about him. I mentioned he was getting beat so bad because he had to pick up the slack for the rookie next to him and the guy just started praising the rookie and how good he looked. Classic case of the Penningtons.

billsburgh
12-19-2007, 10:36 AM
pass protection was greatly improved this year compared to the past few years and then as the season progressed, the run blocking improved as well. the line will be one of the strengths of the team next year.

Billzz
12-19-2007, 10:39 AM

You live in Canada? Who says Moose ****? The shot on his sexual orientation really dosen't concern anyone I am sure. :oops:

EDS
12-19-2007, 10:45 AM
I was definitely upset with the signing. Walker has exceded my expectations but I still think the Bills could have gotten someone for a lot less money and gotten similar results.

camelcowboy
12-19-2007, 11:07 AM
I was more upset because i like the way pennington played at the end of last year at right tackle. I thought Walker would have made a nice guard, but while we are airing grievances on festovious i would like to appologize to marv about the edwards pick 3rd round, my rants about trading willis, and my negative tone about the career of john McCargo. That will be all. :oops:

bigbub2352
12-19-2007, 11:29 AM
Walker exceeded my expextations and seems to be a team guy for sure, so our book ends are under cintract for the forseeable future, we need a upgrade at C Fowler sucks bad

camelcowboy
12-19-2007, 11:38 AM
we will see how good both our tackles are against the giants. The defensive ends on that team are the best we faced all year.

Mahdi
12-19-2007, 12:10 PM
we will see how good both our tackles are against the giants. The defensive ends on that team are the best we faced all year.
I bet they do nothing at all against us....

jmb1099
12-19-2007, 12:13 PM
To be fair Moran has already admitted he has be pleasantly surprised by Walker. Wys will never come clean

Mahdi
12-19-2007, 12:24 PM
In four games against 4-3 teams we have allowed 3 sacks. Our OTs rarely get beat 1 on 1, too big, too fast.

justasportsfan
12-19-2007, 12:26 PM
To be fair Moran has already admitted he has be pleasantly surprised by Walker.
after he called Marv clueless.

madness
12-19-2007, 12:30 PM
Actually it's pretty scary. Pat and Ice have both seem to grow by leaps and bounds lately. I'm waiting for the monumental breakdown.

John Doe
12-19-2007, 03:09 PM
To be fair Moran has already admitted he has be pleasantly surprised by Walker. Wys will never come clean

Beat me to it.

PECKERWOOD
12-19-2007, 04:21 PM
I never liked Pennington, I remember *****ing about him and taking heat for it. Apparently, our coaching staff and FO sided with me. I clearly said that Walker would be a huge upgrade to our OL as I remember seeing him play in Oakland. Hoooray me.

shelby
12-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Pat Moran has my vote for most improved poster of the year.

i'm serious.

PECKERWOOD
12-19-2007, 04:28 PM

i'm serious.

Yeah, all he needed was a couple good kicks in the ass! :evil:

LtBillsFan66
12-19-2007, 04:29 PM
A lot of fans need to hand their heads in shame.

Bill Brasky
12-19-2007, 05:44 PM
wow, some of the crap in this thread amazes me.

the pass blocking has been average this year, but the run blocking is very sub-par. our line has very little mobility, due to the fact that they are so BIG. that's a plus if you want to pass 50 times a game like the ESPN Patriots, but for a team with a rook at QB and RB, we need to get better run blocking out of these guys.

DynaPaul
12-19-2007, 06:22 PM
I agree with most of the sentiment about Melvin Fowler. The guy really blows. This line could be so much better with a dominating center anchoring. Really, LT and C are the most important guys to have on an o-line.

PECKERWOOD
12-19-2007, 06:38 PM
wow, some of the crap in this thread amazes me.

the pass blocking has been average this year, but the run blocking is very sub-par. our line has very little mobility, due to the fact that they are so BIG. that's a plus if you want to pass 50 times a game like the ESPN Patriots, but for a team with a rook at QB and RB, we need to get better run blocking out of these guys.

Our pass blocking has not been average, our run blocking has been. I'd actually go father and say that our pass blocking has been well above average and Jason Peters earning his 1st pro-bowl appearance is a testament to that. I'll go further to say that Dockery and Walker both have the potential to be pro-bowl players if they keep improving like they have. I think if we were to fix C and RG we would be alot better off. People say that Brad Butler has a mean streak to him but in my eyes he is one big fat pussy who is always headed to the sidelines after minor dings and scrapes. Fowler, he is an average center, he isn't horrible but there is definately more to be desired but atleast he is tough.. The guy rarely ever gets injured.

G. Host
12-19-2007, 06:41 PM

Some people were pissed because they have bladder control problems. They needs those astronaut suits just to post!

PECKERWOOD
12-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Some people were pissed because they have bladder control problems. They needs those astronaut suits just to post!

Or you can post in an anti-gravity room, in which case your fecal doo doo matter would just float to the ceiling. I'd like that much better than an astronaut suit.

patmoran2006
12-19-2007, 08:32 PM

Based on this year. He's been a bargain I must admit.

justasportsfan
12-19-2007, 08:43 PM
Our pass blocking has not been average, our run blocking has been..

Our Pass blocking has been ave IMO. Trent makes it look better because he gets rid of the ball fast.

TigerJ
12-19-2007, 09:43 PM
I've thought the pass blocking was well better than average this season. I think the run blocking started terrible, but reached average lat in the season, like the last 2 or 3 games. As far as signing Langston Walker is concerned, I never had a problem with it. I figure that Marv and the scouts for the Bills know a lot more about evaluating talent than I do, so I always give the benefit of the doubt when a signing, a trade, or a draft pick is made. Of course, that doesn't mean if a player bombs I won't come down on Marv later.

HAMMER
12-19-2007, 10:51 PM

i'm serious.

I agree.

njsue
12-19-2007, 11:03 PM

Giants are overrated! Plus I do expect Trent Edwards to have a decent game versus the Giants bad secondary.

Night Train
12-20-2007, 02:25 AM

The pass blocking was impressive. The run blocking could improve some.

jamze132
12-20-2007, 03:29 AM

I attribute most of the problems to our C, Melvin Fowler. if we can get an upgrade there, I think we could turn into a very good O-line.

madness
12-20-2007, 07:56 AM
Giants are overrated! Plus I do expect Trent Edwards to have a decent game versus the Giants bad secondary.

Their pass rush isn't. Edwards better get the ball out quick or he'll be cloud watching.

Luisito23
12-21-2007, 07:09 AM
To all those who say that our pass protection has been "average", I just have one word for you...:coocoo:....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!

Philagape
12-21-2007, 11:16 AM
The pass protection has been excellent, all season.