PDA

View Full Version : Questions about the 2008 Bills schedule

BlackMetalNinja
12-19-2007, 10:13 AM
Let me see if I've got this right so far... As of the moment, these are the teams we'd be playing next year correct?

AFC East - Miami, NE, NYJ x 2 each
AFC West - Denver, KC, Oakland, San Diego
NFC West - Arizona, Seattle, St. Louis, San Francisco

and the other two are the teams that finish in the same spot in their divisions in the AFC, so currently Cleveland and Jacksonville... but Pittsburgh could still finish behind Cleveland so that could change.

If I have my info correct, home games would be:

Miami, NE, NYJ, Oakland, San Diego, San Francisco, Seattle

Road Games:

Miami, NE, NYJ, Denver, KC, St. Louis, Arizona

With Jax or Cleve/Pitt one each at home and one each away....

Does that look right to everybody, or am I missing something?

Dr. Lecter
12-19-2007, 10:16 AM
Nope. You got it.

Seattle and San Fran are home. And Cleveland/Pittsburgh.

BlackMetalNinja
12-19-2007, 10:19 AM
Nope. You got it.

Seattle and San Fran are home. And Cleveland/Pittsburgh.

How does the Cleve/Pitt and Jacksonville matchups get determined as far as who is home and who is away???

I also believe that we play at Carolina in 2009, which will be nice... only 3 hours for me to get to that game!

RockStar36
12-19-2007, 10:29 AM
Yay, they play either Clev/Pitt. I won't have to wait 3 years for redemption.

B-DON
12-19-2007, 03:00 PM
I hope it's cleveland

G. Host
12-19-2007, 06:34 PM
How does the Cleve/Pitt and Jacksonville matchups get determined as far as who is home and who is away???

Detemined in advance by formula - we play #2 AFC North at home and #2 AFC South away.

I also believe that we play at Carolina in 2009, which will be nice... only 3 hours for me to get to that game!

Correct.

http://members.cox.net/billswatch/future_schedule.html

After 2009 they need to either repeat same pattern or come up with a new one.

I Hate Aqua Green
12-19-2007, 06:42 PM
With Trent and Marshawn both having serious time under their belts and having tasted some measure of success as rookies...and with Poz and the others coming back...and with Fairchild going to the Rockies...I'm liking this schedule a lot!

G. Host
12-19-2007, 06:45 PM
I hope they save the Cleveland/Pittsburgh game for last game of the season. If it is a 'home away from home' in Toronto that is even better.

SpillerThrills
12-19-2007, 07:05 PM
I'd acutally like to see us play Cleveland early in the year, like first 6 weeks of the season.... reason being we're planning another trip down for a game next year and everyone wants to go early because of the weather.... and it would be nice if it was Cleveland since the wife is a browns fan as well as a bills fan.

Cntrygal
12-19-2007, 07:21 PM
I may try to go to the KC game.... and depending on the time of year (late season) - maybe the Denver game too. (I could take a few extra days and get some good skiing in!!!)

Dr. Lecter
12-19-2007, 10:03 PM
I may try to go to the KC game.... and depending on the time of year (late season) - maybe the Denver game too. (I could take a few extra days and get some good skiing in!!!)

I would consider Denver since I have my best friend and other very good friends in the area.

Bmax
12-20-2007, 12:43 AM
Early prediction Bills vs Browns on Monday night at the Ralph..

Let's hope the steelers win the div...Looks like we will be going to JAX again....

Bmax

jamze132
12-20-2007, 03:57 AM
I really like our schedule next year. And you can count on at least one home primetime game. After what the NFL saw from our MNF game, we will be getting a home primetime game for a while now, especially when you consider the fact that we are very competitive in 90% of our games. We are getting better.

Ebenezer
12-20-2007, 04:10 AM
The Toronto game will probably be Seattle, SF or Oakland.

and how ironic..4 home games against teams from the far west coast.

madness
12-20-2007, 08:24 AM
I hope it's cleveland

Don't you mean Believeland? :rolleyes:

Next time they come to Ralph, we should make a bonfire out of a pile of those shirts.

Jeff1220
12-20-2007, 08:33 AM
They'll probably put a Toronto game on MNF. :couch:

Don't Panic
12-20-2007, 08:43 AM
The Toronto game will probably be Seattle, SF or Oakland.

and how ironic..4 home games against teams from the far west coast.

That's a great thing... too bad we didn't play the NFC West this year, though. Hopefully they'll be just as mediocre next year. I'm definitely going to that AZ game. Lots of revenge games on the sched... Cleve/Pit and Jax will be payback games.

Gunzlingr
12-20-2007, 08:45 AM
I will be pissed if SF is in Toronto. My wife and I along with my sister and brother in law want to go there (if it is early in the season - the wife and sis are pansies when it comes to cold weather) since my BIL is a 9ers fan. It would piss me off it wasn't at RWS.

RockStar36
12-20-2007, 08:46 AM
SD, Seattle, Cleve/Pitt, and Jax could all be played in prime time.

RockStar36
12-20-2007, 08:48 AM
That's a great thing... too bad we didn't play the NFC West this year, though. Hopefully they'll be just as mediocre next year. I'm definitely going to that AZ game. Lots of revenge games on the sched... Cleve/Pit and Jax will be payback games.

I'm sure they will be mediocre again.

How do you think the Bills went 9-7 a few years ago?