PDA

View Full Version : upset about the cleveland game

trapezeus
12-19-2007, 12:47 PM
is that cleveland isn't going to be the same team next year. with their QB controversy getting kicked up a gear, Jamal Lewis not signed for along period (and being old) and still being a lack luster defensive team, they may very well be in rebuilding mode all over again next year.

The bills actually have put down pieces to be a good team for next year. they are building up, have depth, haveh cap space and key pieces in place for a long period of time. This team went through its inaugural season of what can be a nice 5 year run of success. Success being playoff team...not necessarily a superbowl team.

It's just tragic that a browns team that isn't going to do anything in the playoffs will get in and gain no valuable experience for years to come, when i believe the bills could have benefited by having played just one playoff game this year.

justasportsfan
12-19-2007, 12:49 PM
No ones fault but ours. Both teams controlled their destinies. The opurtunity was there and we blew it.

Trade JP for Quin

Pinkerton Security
12-19-2007, 12:57 PM
what bugs me is that we actually played. I know we had our chances to win, but this game didnt really let either team show what they could do. who knows what would have happened if, oh, you know, people could stand up. jamal lewis ran over us cuz thats what he does. marshawn however is a shifty dude, and didnt get to show that because of the conditions. I know this is football and i didnt expect it to be postponed or anything but it irks my anyways because i feel they gained an advantage.

STRONG_BAD
12-19-2007, 01:10 PM
Just think of it this way

1) We were going far in the playoffs this year anyways

2) We just got a better draft pick

Billzz
12-19-2007, 01:17 PM
The Browns are not that bad off as you think age wise. Yes they do have an aging LB from the Pats and Lewis, but the QB really isn't that big of a problem. They can afford to keep both at this time and sign Anderson long term if that is their goal. Tack on a young recieving core and a solid O-line that has won them games thru sheer points.

Defense on the other hand is a whole different story though, but they havn't helped this team much anyway. Decent article talking about the age and their overall game plan on rotation etc.

http://admin.clevelandbrowns.com/article.php?id=7409

DynaPaul
12-19-2007, 06:26 PM
They got some old players on the Browns. Hell, Willie McGinest is STILL playing over there!

PECKERWOOD
12-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Yo man, Cleveland has a heck of a team. You can bet your ass that Lewis and Anderson are BOTH going to get nice extensions this offseason. Lewis in my opinion is a borderline HOF type of player but he still needs a couple more productive seasons to prove it. It's funny how quickly people forgot about that 2,000 yard season after he was thrown in the slammer. Lastly, if the AFC wasn't so loaded with talent at QB, Anderson would have definately made the pro bowl because he has certainly had a pro bowl year, imo.

LtFinFan66
12-19-2007, 07:15 PM
You should have won then. I don't see the Browns dropping off though

BADTHINGSMAN
12-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Thats the thing with the NFL, its not about what a team did the year before, or how bad a team could be the next year.. Its about the current year.. I could see the Browns making a few teams sweat, Pittsburg being one of them.. Hell the Browns may win theyre division this year..

jamze132
12-20-2007, 06:24 AM
I doubt the Browns are going to pay 1st round money each year to a back-up QB. They never would have traded back up to grap Quinn if they knew what they had in Anderson. If I were them, I would keep the QB situation as in next year and if Anderson lights it up again, I would trade Quinn before he proves that he can't play in the NFL.