PDA

View Full Version : Parcell's to Miami?

kgun12
12-19-2007, 02:27 PM
ESPN's First Report says Parcells tell Atlanta isn't going to happen and is in negotiations with the Dolphins. :shy:

In the breaking news section; http://sports-ak.espn.go.com/nfl/index

DraftBoy
12-19-2007, 02:31 PM
What?!?

ddaryl
12-19-2007, 02:33 PM
didn't Parcells already say Atlanta was pretty much a done deal ?

kgun12
12-19-2007, 02:36 PM
didn't Parcells already say Atlanta was pretty much a done deal ?

Here's the prees release,
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3161733

Static
12-19-2007, 02:42 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

Not so fast

TUNA JILTS FALCONS!
The Atlanta Falcons (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm#) have announced that their pursuit of Bill Parcells has ended. Here's the text of the statement from the team:
"Late last night it was revealed to the media by a source outside the Falcons that we were close to reaching an agreement with Bill Parcells to lead the club’s football operations.
"Prior to the information becoming public, we had reached an agreement in principle with Parcells, and we met with him this morning to complete the contract. At that time, we were made aware by Parcells that he was considering a revised offer from the Miami Dolphins. He later informed us that he would not be signing a contract with us.
"We remain committed to looking at every option for building a championship-caliber team for our fans. I have stated we will leave no stone unturned in doing so, and this effort is one example of that. We gave it our best shot, and it didn’t work out.
"We will continue down the same overall path, proceeding with plans to hire a general manager and a head coach. We will identify and consider every strongly viable candidate for these positions, with the goal of hiring the best. Rich McKay remains President of the club and will retain general manager responsibilities until a new GM is hired.
"We will be making no further comment on the Parcells matter."
For McKay, it's deja vu all over again. In 2002, Parcells backed out on a deal with the Bucs when McKay was the G.M. in Tampa.
If Parcells lands with the Fins, he'll be in direct competition with his son-in-law, Scott Pioli, who serves as the V.P. of player personnel with the Patriots (http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm#)

M
12-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Oh, ****!

Static
12-19-2007, 02:52 PM
:up:

User Manuel
12-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Good. We can destroy his mystique once and for all the way Kelly, Thurm and Bruce did to Don Shula.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-19-2007, 02:54 PM
Good, let him go to Miami and we can beat his ass into the ground till he bails on another team.

Night Train
12-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Who cares ?

Parcells best days are long gone.

justasportsfan
12-19-2007, 02:55 PM
Cam Cameron for bills OC , anyone?

DraftBoy
12-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Falcons getting ****ed again

User Manuel
12-19-2007, 02:59 PM
Cam Cameron for bills OC , anyone?

Only if he brings Cleo Lemon with him...

Actually I could like that the more I think about it. It really isn't his fault that he has no QB, Ronnie Brown gone and zero playmakers. Plus Ronnie Brown was a beast in that O until he got hurt.

Static
12-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Good. We can destroy his mystique once and for all the way Kelly, Thurm and Bruce did to Don Shula.

He wont be going there as head coach, and shula beat you guys more.

madness
12-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Keyshawn Johnson just said on ESPN that Parcells deserves credit for what the Miami team looks like now.

Static
12-19-2007, 03:01 PM
Who cares ?

Parcells best days are long gone.

How do you firgure cause he isn't going to the bills?

DraftBoy
12-19-2007, 03:02 PM
This is the worst possible news imo

justasportsfan
12-19-2007, 03:02 PM
Only if he brings Cleo Lemon with him...

Actually I could like that the more I think about it. It really isn't his fault that he has no QB, Ronnie Brown gone and zero playmakers. Plus Ronnie Brown was a beast in that O until he got hurt.
He knows how to run the ball. He'll get the ball to our rb's hands even in the passing game.

He'll get the ball to Evans.

kgun12
12-19-2007, 03:05 PM

Read his post again. Kelly and gang owned Shula and Marino in the regular season, in the playoffs, Kelly and gang just called them their *****es!

Slim

I think its bad news as well. But that team needs so much, it will take years for that team to make a playoff push.

Static
Lets make sure it happens first.

OpIv37
12-19-2007, 03:06 PM
Keyshawn Johnson just said on ESPN that Parcells deserves credit for what the Miami team looks like now.

credit or blame? I don't think anyone associated with Miami is deserving of "credit" at this point.

kgun12
12-19-2007, 03:06 PM
I think its bad news as well. But that team needs so much, it will take years for that team to make a playoff push.

I agree! YEARS!!!

justasportsfan
12-19-2007, 03:09 PM
why? The AFCE will once again be the best division in the NFL. Maybe the bills-fins rivalry will be alive again. Maybe PArcells will fill up their stadium halfway (1/4 finfans + 1/4 opposing team)

Static
12-19-2007, 03:11 PM
why? The AFCE will once again be the best division in the NFL. Maybe the bills-fins rivalry will be alive again. Maybe PArcells will fill up their stadium halfway (1/4 finfans + 1/4 opposing team)

I agree i would enjoy both teams being at their best.

justasportsfan
12-19-2007, 03:14 PM
I agree i would enjoy both teams being at theer best.

I enjoy the fins more at the bottom though. Besides, his Nazzi approach didn't work when Saban was there anyways.

LtFinFan66
Good. We can destroy his mystique once and for all the way Kelly, Thurm and Bruce did to Don Shula.right

kgun12

This is what they said in Washington when Gibbs came back. Besides Parcells will do what he does best, he will get them just about there, start hearing fans complain and walk away saying I will NEVER come back blah blah!

Static
12-19-2007, 03:15 PM
I enjoy the fins more at the bottom though.

I figured as much.

Devin
12-19-2007, 03:16 PM
Is Parcells just working his way through the AFC east.

What is it with this guy is he collecting NFL teams as a hobby or something?

justasportsfan
12-19-2007, 03:18 PM
I think Parcells has his sight on taking on BB and the Pats. It's one hell of a challenge for him or anyone .

kgun12
12-19-2007, 03:19 PM
I enjoy the fins more at the bottom though.

I agree Sunday was the worst day of the season! Now I really hate Baltimore!

(Sorry Lt Dan) :couch:

justasportsfan
12-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Should be interesting to see if Tuna and Don will bump heads.

kgun12
12-19-2007, 03:22 PM
Should be interesting to see if Tuna and Don will bump heads.

Shula will not like sharing the spot light, he has been the big Fish for a long time!

justasportsfan
12-19-2007, 03:24 PM
Shula will not like sharing the spot light, he has been the big Fish for a long time!
He didn't have a problem with Saban but Saban knew his place around Don. Don is HOF coach, but so is Tuna which could be a problem..... I hope. Just like Don hated Jimmy Johnson. :D

I was hoping they'd bring Wanny as HC and keep Moolarkey as OC though.

kgun12
12-19-2007, 03:27 PM
He didn't have a problem with Saban but Saban knew his place around Don. Don is HOF coach, but so is Tuna which could be a problem..... I hope. Just like Don hated Jimmy Johnson. :D

I was hoping they'd bring Wanny as HC and keep Moolarkey as OC though.

I agree, but I think Shula new Saban was a joke so he wasn't threatened! With Parcell's reputation it will be interesting!

justasportsfan
12-19-2007, 03:30 PM
I agree, but I think Shula new Saban was a joke so he wasn't threatened! With Parcell's reputation it will be interesting!

Don might be insecure that Tuna has a D cup.

kgun12
12-19-2007, 03:32 PM

:spit:

!Papacrunk!
12-19-2007, 04:55 PM

best response yet, lmao. He has to wear a mansier or a 'bro.

On the main subject though, it's so alarmingly surprising that there are rival fans that are condemming the Tuna. If he does sign, hopefully he'll last longer than Marino.
:couch:

Billzz
12-19-2007, 05:10 PM
I already dislike fing Parcels as it is. Way too many people in that orginization IMO screwing things up leading to their craptastic ways and revolving head coach door. Maybe he can straighten them out, but for our sake I hope the tuna stinks up the place with his army regime mentality.

don137
12-19-2007, 05:33 PM
No offense to Dolphin fans but Parcells is very overrated. Without Bellichick as his D coordinator Parcells has about a .500 record as a head coach. I am not too worried. Remember Jimmy Johnson was going to take them to the super bowl? What happened to him. His legacy is tainted because of how bad he did in Miami.
Who knows maybe he will be better in the front office.

thecoordinator
12-19-2007, 05:59 PM
parcells at half of what he used to be is still better than 90% of the FO personnel in the NFL.

I Hate Aqua Green
12-19-2007, 06:01 PM
There is no honor among thieves...or football coaches...or football front office people...

NorthCarBills
12-19-2007, 06:02 PM
parcells at half of what he used to be is still better than 90% of the FO personnel in the NFL.

I'd agree with that.

kgun12
12-19-2007, 06:06 PM

Are we talking about his weight, cause Bill is a big boy! :;

DynaPaul
12-19-2007, 06:20 PM
I don't see this as a threat really. Everyone knows Parcells bails out after a few years and the Cowboys are playing better with Wade as the coach. Do you think maybe Parcells wants to be in Belichick's division to put his legacy up against his?

G. Host
12-19-2007, 06:21 PM
Miami fans seemed estatic that Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga was selling team. Now they may have their Tuna but Huizenga is staying as owner as well.

HHURRICANE
12-19-2007, 06:59 PM
Parcells will do a good job in Miami. I'm shocked he's taking the job. Does this mean Cam Cameron is getting fired?

LtFinFan66
12-19-2007, 07:12 PM
He is NOT coaching if he comes to Miami

THATHURMANATOR
12-19-2007, 07:12 PM
Good maybe the rivalry can get going again!

HHURRICANE
12-19-2007, 08:00 PM

I'm not saying he would be coming in for Cameron. Just curious if Cameron keeps his job. However, I wouldn't be quick to rule out coaching.

patmoran2006
12-19-2007, 08:39 PM
Great move for Miami.

Parcells can build a team without the rigors of coaching it. The days of Tedd Ginn Jr and Jason Allen top draft picks are gone.

If I'm a Miami fan(I'm not) I'd be psyched right now. It's going to take more than one year; but it's a hell of a start.

I wish they didnt suck so bad; I'd like the rivalry games to have more on the line.

Static
12-19-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm not saying he would be coming in for Cameron. Just curious if Cameron keeps his job. However, I wouldn't be quick to rule out coaching.

I can't see Parcells letting someone else's hire affect his legacy. So yeah I think he will bring in his own guys.

Static
12-19-2007, 09:22 PM

With Parcells you can't completely rule that out :lol:

im4bflo
12-19-2007, 09:40 PM
Those fish were excited about JJ, and Wanny, and their latest coach that bailed on them. All busts! Without Marino, it doesn't matter who coaches those losers, Shula had Marino, and then the rest just had the fish :loser:
And unless Tuna can find the next Marino, he'll be a loser to.
Meanwhile Marino's records are getting beat left and right, so he's a loser now to! :squish:

Static
12-19-2007, 09:43 PM
Those fish were excited about JJ, and Wanny, and their latest coach that bailed on them. All busts! Without Marino, it doesn't matter who coaches those losers, Shula had Marino, and then the rest just had the fish :loser:
And unless Tuna can find the next Marino, he'll be a loser to.
Meanwhile Marino's records are getting beat left and right, so he's a loser now to! :squish:

Good luck in the playoffs.

im4bflo
12-19-2007, 09:48 PM
Good luck in the playoffs.

Thanks, and maybe you'll win another game next year :up:

Bling
12-19-2007, 09:56 PM
He knows how to run the ball. He'll get the ball to our rb's hands even in the passing game.

He'll get the ball to Evans.

:rofl: Sounds awfully familiar (Mooooolarkey) to me.

LtFinFan66
12-19-2007, 09:57 PM
With Parcells you can't completely rule that out :lol:He said he wouldn't :idunno:

LtFinFan66
12-19-2007, 09:58 PM
KEEP SMACK OUT OF THIS THREAD PLEASE. There WAS good discussion going on. Thank you

im4bflo
12-19-2007, 10:00 PM
KEEP SMACK OUT OF THIS THREAD PLEASE. There WAS good discussion going on. Thank you

If this was a fish website!!!
Send it to NFL zone at least!

LtFinFan66
12-19-2007, 10:02 PM
I can't. I didn't start it. A Bills fan did. I can only control things once they are in the NFL Zone. My only power lies there sir

Bone
12-19-2007, 10:03 PM
ESPN said he is expected to sign a 4 year deal to become the VP.

With him as there VP you got to think he will bring in a new head coach, and general manager.

Bling
12-19-2007, 10:09 PM
Mueller is getting shafted. I really like Mueller. He did a good job in NO, and has been getting bumped everywhere he's gone. Story of his life. I love his draft this year, best we've had in at least a decade. Nobody could've anticipated how bad a coach Cameron was, your star RB and your only decent QB going down. Nobody could've told us that the secondary would get injured. The only thing I fault him for was not getting the D-Line any help, but there's only so much a guy can do in an offseason.

LtFinFan66
12-19-2007, 10:12 PM
Cam is not a bad coach

im4bflo
12-19-2007, 10:16 PM
Cam is not a bad coach

His record in miami speaks for itself.

Bling
12-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Cam is not a bad coach

Sham is a horrible coach... he's a doofus. Look at his gig in Indiana and now look at his nearly historically bad job in Miami. I don't think he would've coached bad enough to deserved 0-16, but his ceiling was probably a 4-12, imo.

yordad
12-19-2007, 10:27 PM
I'm sure he had a little to do with Dallas being a favorite to go to the Super Bowl this year.

HAMMER
12-19-2007, 10:48 PM
I love it, gives me a reason to hate Miami even more. Parcells is a jerk.

LtFinFan66
12-19-2007, 10:51 PM
Sham is a horrible coach... he's a doofus. Look at his gig in Indiana and now look at his nearly historically bad job in Miami. I don't think he would've coached bad enough to deserved 0-16, but his ceiling was probably a 4-12, imo.I disagree. I blame the D on Capers and the O had started to show promise before the wheels fell off. What he did at indiana means nothing. They never have been nor will they be a football school. Recruits just don't go there for football. At least not good ones.

LtFinFan66
12-19-2007, 10:51 PM
His record in miami speaks for itself.No it doesn't

njsue
12-19-2007, 10:53 PM
ESPN said he is expected to sign a 4 year deal to become the VP.

With him as there VP you got to think he will bring in a new head coach, and general manager.

Could be Bill Cowher!

Mr. Pink
12-20-2007, 12:35 AM
My odds on favorite for new Dolphins HC if/when Parcells comes in...

Maurice Carthon.

as others say around here...BOOK IT!

LtFinFan66
12-20-2007, 12:38 AM
who

Mr. Pink
12-20-2007, 12:39 AM
who
Carthon recently was the Browns O-coordinator under Crennel, last year. He's seemed to toil around the Parcells/Belichick disciples. He also played under Parcells for the Giants.

He also was the OC in Dallas under Parcells in 03 and 04...on top of the fact he was the Patriots running back coach back in 94-96.

G. Host
12-20-2007, 01:25 AM
Could be Bill Cowher!

Cowher turned down Atlanta job which is closer to Carolina. Doubtful.

mchurchfie
12-20-2007, 01:36 AM
Yeah but we got the last laugh, Marv forced his ass into retirement.:roflmao:

jamze132
12-20-2007, 02:06 AM
Falcons getting ****ed again
Arthur Blank is getting what he deserved for axing Mora Jr.

G. Host
12-20-2007, 02:08 AM
Maybe the Tuna will convince Marino to take the ceremonal position he was offered and lure the Don out of retirement.

mysticsoto
12-20-2007, 06:41 AM
Looks like it's practically a done deal:

Report: Parcells to join Dolphins

Coach near four-year deal to lead football operations

Bill Parcells' day began with reports he would rebuild the Atlanta Falcons (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/falcons). It ended with him on the cusp of taking the same job with the Miami Dolphins (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/teams/dolphins).

Parcells and Dolphins owner Wayne Huizenga agreed Wednesday on a four-year contract to be Miami's vice president of football operations, according to ESPN, which employs the two-time Super Bowl-winning coach as an analyst.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/football/nfl/12/19/bc.fbn.falcons.parcells.ap/index.html

don137
12-20-2007, 06:45 AM
Cowher turned down Atlanta job which is closer to Carolina. Doubtful.
My hunch on Cowher is he will stick to his guns and stay out next year. I believe he is waiting for his daughter to graduate high school.
IMO, John Fox will be given one more year in Carolina. If Fox has another bad year he will be fired and Cowher will take over in Carolina.

Ickybaluky
12-20-2007, 07:14 AM
I don't think he was ever interested in Atlanta. He has been talking to Miami since October and that is where he wanted to go. He owns a house in Jupiter, FL and plays golf with Wayne Huizenga. He was just using Atlanta as leverage to close the deal.

This is a great move for Miami. Parcells may have a giant ego, but he is an unbelievable team-builder and a great judge of talent. He will put a good structure in place and bring in good people. He will set the bar high and bring a sense of urgency. Miami doesn't have a lot of talent right now, but Parcells will start building that team the right way and he will turn it around.

Mike13
12-20-2007, 07:35 AM
Great move for Miami.

Parcells can build a team without the rigors of coaching it. The days of Tedd Ginn Jr and Jason Allen top draft picks are gone.

If I'm a Miami fan(I'm not) I'd be psyched right now. It's going to take more than one year; but it's a hell of a start.

I wish they didnt suck so bad; I'd like the rivalry games to have more on the line.

1) J. Allen has shown improvement this year, and the jury's out on Ginn, give him some more time to develop.

2) Yeah it is a great move for the Fins, Parcells knows how to build teams.

Miami doesn't have a lot of talent right now, but Parcells will start building that team the right way and he will turn it around.

I would beg to differ, there are some young guys who show flashes of talent, but we do need several pieces of this puzzle.

Mike13
12-20-2007, 07:43 AM
Yeah but we got the last laugh, Marv forced his ass into retirement.:roflmao:

That was actually Huizenga's doing.

Parcells bails out after a few years and the Cowboys are playing better with Wade as the coach

Parcells built that Cowboys team.

Its a great move for a team that is rebuilding.

DraftBoy
12-20-2007, 07:44 AM
Arthur Blank is getting what he deserved for axing Mora Jr.

Mora was a complete joke and dick to boot. He said that he would leave the Atlanta HC job even in the playoffs if the Univ of Washington offered him the HC job. I never would want him coaching my team, he's crap.

Bufftp
12-20-2007, 08:03 AM
No it doesn't
I gotta agree LT. Miami has progressed forward a great deal this year. Fail forward!

Ickybaluky
12-20-2007, 08:48 AM
I would beg to differ, there are some young guys who show flashes of talent, but we do need several pieces of this puzzle.

"Flashes of talent"? What the hell is that worth? That just means they aren't consistent and the jury is still out.

I see very few foundation players. No QB. No young pass-rusher (Jason Taylor is a great player, but too old to build around) or DT who can control the LOS. No franchise LT, although there are a couple players on the OL who might be keepers. The only big-time offensive play-maker is Ronnie Brown.

Miami has very few players who can be classified as better than average, IMO, especially young ones. They have drafted poorly in recent years and really lack at the key positions (QB,LT,DL). That is why they suck so bad.

However, Parcells will change that. He will come up with a plan to resolve the QB position. He will get a pass-rusher to replace Taylor. He will build the lines on both sides of the ball. Those are the needs that trump everything else.

This kind of reminds me of the situation he inherited with the Patriots back in 1993. That team was dreadful as well, but he quickly cleaned house and had things turned around. Only a few players survived the purge. Expect a lot of new players in Miami in the next couple years.

dolphan117
12-20-2007, 12:06 PM
Parcells will do a good job in Miami. I'm shocked he's taking the job. Does this mean Cam Cameron is getting fired?I doubt it, rumor is Cam gets another year but nothing solid at this point.

One thing to keep in mind is that Parcels and Bobby Knight are good friends..... And Cam considers Knight his biggest mentor so there is a connection there, seems small but stuff like this matters when it comes to coaching circles. You want to work with people you know.

kgun12
12-20-2007, 01:29 PM
He signed. http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3162909

SyraBillsLican
12-20-2007, 07:08 PM
parcells moves from coyboys to fins just like jerry jones did.....

lets hope they have the same amount of success: NONE!

feelthepain
12-20-2007, 07:15 PM
lets hope they have the same amount of success: NONE!

Something Bill fans can relate to.

im4bflo
12-20-2007, 07:30 PM
I still hear the sweet SWEEP of success! :squish:

kgun12
12-20-2007, 11:56 PM
Something Bill fans can relate to.

I think not! Hey I have a question for you. The Fins have been SO bad , they have had 65 draft choices since 1999, do you know how many of those have made the Pro Bowl?

:whistle:

ZERO!!!

SyraBillsLican
12-21-2007, 12:58 AM
its nice to own the fins..... it makes relations with my buddy so much more enjoyable

jamze132
12-21-2007, 01:55 AM
Mora was a complete joke and dick to boot. He said that he would leave the Atlanta HC job even in the playoffs if the Univ of Washington offered him the HC job. I never would want him coaching my team, he's crap.
Maybe so, but if he were in the Playoffs, he wouldn't leave the Falcons.

!Papacrunk!
12-21-2007, 05:51 AM
its nice to own the fins..... it makes relations with my buddy so much more enjoyable

sometimes things just write themselves, j/k

LtFinFan66
12-21-2007, 06:46 AM
I think not! Hey I have a question for you. The Fins have been SO bad , they have had 65 draft choices since 1999, do you know how many of those have made the Pro Bowl?

ZERO!!!What does that have to do with success?? How many draft choices have you guys had make the probowl??

1...4....12....45??......great, but how many playoff games have they taken you too?? Success for a team is not measured by how many draft picks you put in the Probowl.

And for the record, Ronnie Brown was a shoo-in till he blew his knee out. Just saying Tom

Static
12-21-2007, 07:34 AM

:lolpoint:SyrabillsLican

LtFinFan66
12-21-2007, 07:45 AM
:hi5:

kgun12
12-21-2007, 01:54 PM
What does that have to do with success?? How many draft choices have you guys had make the probowl??

1...4....12....45??......great, but how many playoff games have they taken you too?? Success for a team is not measured by how many draft picks you put in the Probowl.

And for the record, Ronnie Brown was a shoo-in till he blew his knee out. Just saying Tom

I think drafting is very important in a teams sucess! Look at the Cowboys, they have 11 players going to the Pro bowl and many they have drafted. (Parcells) It takes a good group of Pro Bowl type players to be a good team. I was just making the point that the Fins have had some really bad drafts and yes so have the Bills. I would also say that the Bills have a better nucleous of young players right now than do the Dolphins. That will probably change for you with the signing of the big fish, but I think having Pro Bowl players has a direct effect on weather you make the playoffs or not!

As far as R. Brown goes I agree 100%. That SOB was on 2 of my fantasy teams!

Samphin1
12-21-2007, 04:13 PM

ZERO!!!

The best part about this comeback is how its wrong. Kudos kgun. Chris Chambers 2005, drafted in 2001. :oops:

LtFinFan66
12-21-2007, 04:16 PM
he is not on the team but you are correct

Samphin1
12-21-2007, 04:25 PM
I don't know if everyone really knows what Bill's job is, including myself. I think with him coming in so late that the draft strategy probably won't change. Randy Mueller and the scouting Dept. has put a years worth of work in and I doubt Bill comes in and throws all that info out the door.

Plus, according to Bill himself, he has no interest in coaching or being a general manager. While I think there will certainly be a housecleaning and some infrastructure changes, I don't think it will be as sweeping as most expect it to be.

As for young talent for Miami. They are few and far between, but off the top of my head, players I would build around if I were Bill:

Samson Satele OC
Ronnie Brown HB
Reagan Mauia FB
Ted Ginn Jr. WR
Vernon Carey OT
Rod Wright DT/DE
Quentin Moses DE
Jason Allen S (played quite well now that he is forced to play)

Samphin1
12-21-2007, 04:31 PM
he is not on the team but you are correct

He isn't on the team NOW. However he was drafted after 1999 and made the Pro Bowl as a member of the Phins...so it counts. :dance:

LtFinFan66
12-21-2007, 04:52 PM
That's why I said you were correct going by his criteria

Samphin1
12-22-2007, 04:05 AM
That's why I said you were correct going by his criteria

I know, I just like hearing that I was right more than once! :fishy:

YardRat
12-22-2007, 05:20 AM
Could you fin fans settle down a little bit please? You're getting gay all over the place.

j/k.

Well, kind of :D

Historian
12-22-2007, 05:58 AM
:squish:

Luisito23
12-22-2007, 06:27 AM
Parcell's to Miami?

This is great news for the fish...Maybe now they can aim their goals higher and actually win 2 games next year.,...:brush: :squish:......

GO BILLS!!!!!!

!Papacrunk!
12-22-2007, 10:16 AM
This kind of reminds me of the situation he inherited with the Patriots back in 1993. That team was dreadful as well, but he quickly cleaned house and had things turned around. Only a few players survived the purge. Expect a lot of new players in Miami in the next couple years.
Hopefully those new players will be around for some time to come. I was watching NFL Replay of the Pats/Dolphins game last night and it was comical that so many players aren't even with the team anymore, starters that is. I think there is maybe 3-4 or so players (starters on both sides of the ball total), and that ladies and gents is why Miami is rocking a 1-2 game win season. I really, REALLY hope the days of dreadful drafts and mortaging the future away will be gone.