PDA

View Full Version : Loaded question for a Bills Message Board

SabreEleven
08-22-2002, 11:31 PM
Which would you pick? I pick a Sabres Stanley Cup.

Ebenezer
08-23-2002, 06:47 AM
There isn't even a discussion...Bills.

Sabre Ally
08-23-2002, 03:10 PM
Sure there is Eb........it's 50/50 right now. :D

SABURZFAN
08-23-2002, 05:51 PM
i guess everybody knows who i picked.

Cntrygal
08-23-2002, 06:09 PM
:eek:
my first post on this forum and it's a poll!!!!

northernbillfan
08-24-2002, 04:58 PM
Bills

Sabre Ally
08-24-2002, 05:49 PM
Northern, the question should be changed to Bills or Oilers for you. :D

RedEyE
09-03-2002, 07:19 PM
Technically both could happen;)

Ð
09-04-2002, 05:51 AM
Actually I like the Hawks, but boy oh boy Wayne Gretzky rocks!

SABuffalo786
05-21-2006, 01:04 AM
Heh, interesting little poll from all the way back then.

Personally, I'm a far bigger Sabre fan than Bills, so it's no question in my mind that I'd like to see Lord Stanley's trophy here before Mr. Lombardi's.

Although it would be great to see the whole region go absolutely bat**** crazy if the Bills ever won the big one...

LABillsFan
05-21-2006, 01:19 AM
The Sabres win the Stanley Cup without a doubt. I'll tell you why.

If they won the cup not only would there be such a sense of pride for the community, but it would show the Bills that they are NOT the only game in town and better start actually winning Championships. There is no doubt there is room in Buffalo for both franchises, I think Ol' Ralphy has had it easy to date, but with the Cup in Buffalo, the Bills would feel the added pressure. Competition is good as they say, and I like hockey better

ddaryl
05-21-2006, 01:30 AM
Whom ever wins their championship first is the one I want to see win it more.

Right now its the Sabres, and if they win it all it will more then wash away every one of my 4 superbowl losses with the Bills, and it will also bring closure to 2 Sabre championship losses.

SabreEleven
05-21-2006, 02:12 AM
How in the hell did this thread get dug up? :spit:

PUCKER
05-21-2006, 02:53 AM
The Cup baby! :up:

YardRat
05-21-2006, 07:28 AM
I'll take the Stanley Cup this year, and the Lombardi trophy in the next couple, please.

Thank you :D

chernobylwraiths
05-21-2006, 07:55 AM
I don't think some people are reading the question. It is what would you like to see the MOST. Just because the Sabres might win it this year, I would much rather see the Bills win the superbowl. Maybe if the question were "If you could only have one championship and never have the other, which would you prefer?"

Bill Brasky
05-21-2006, 08:32 AM
The Sabres win the Stanley Cup without a doubt. I'll tell you why.

If they won the cup not only would there be such a sense of pride for the community, but it would show the Bills that they are NOT the only game in town and better start actually winning Championships. There is no doubt there is room in Buffalo for both franchises, I think Ol' Ralphy has had it easy to date, but with the Cup in Buffalo, the Bills would feel the added pressure. Competition is good as they say, and I like hockey better

:bf1:

I posed the question a while back: "if the Sabres win the Cup will Buffalo become a Sabres town"... most people said no, but I'd venture to say they might be changing their minds now that this a real possibility.

BAM
05-21-2006, 08:34 AM
Bills no doubt.

Michael82
05-21-2006, 12:48 PM
:bf1:

I posed the question a while back: "if the Sabres win the Cup will Buffalo become a Sabres town"... most people said no, but I'd venture to say they might be changing their minds now that this a real possibility.
Buffalo will always be a Bills town first. Yes, it is a Sabres town too, but if there was a Sabres game on and a Buffalo Bills/Miami Dolphins game on....the Bills game would have tons more Buffalonians watching it.

The_Philster
05-21-2006, 12:51 PM
The NFL is a bigger league...said by some to be the most popular single league in the world. I like hockey and love the Sabres, but to be Champs of the most popular single league in the world is a bigger deal, IMO.

Michael82
05-21-2006, 12:51 PM
I'd add this....Buffalo fans right now just NEED/WANT a championship BADLY. They don't care who it is. They need one big time. With all the losing from both teams, this winning is making fans excited. I have a feeling that if the Bills start out hot this season and are kicking ass in the NFL, the fans would start screaming for the the Buffalo Bills again and forget about the Sabres until after the football season.

Bill Brasky
05-21-2006, 12:53 PM
Buffalo will always be a Bills town first. Yes, it is a Sabres town too, but if there was a Sabres game on and a Buffalo Bills/Miami Dolphins game on....the Bills game would have tons more Buffalonians watching it.

I would generally agree with you, but I can point to the Bills/Broncos game this year as just one example how the town is turning towards the Sabres. Plain and simple the Bills need to start winning... and soon. I don't know how much longer fans are going to tolerate terrible seasons, terrible play on the field, no playoff appearances, etc.

With the Phins, it'd be a different story though like you said.

SABuffalo786
05-21-2006, 12:55 PM
The NFL is a bigger league...said by some to be the most popular single league in the world. I like hockey and love the Sabres, but to be Champs of the most popular single league in the world is a bigger deal, IMO.

In the world? That's a bit over the top.

I see you have a Man Utd. logo in your sig. I gurantee you that one Soccer team is 100 times more popular outside the US than the whole NFL put together.

The_Philster
05-21-2006, 12:57 PM
I would generally agree with you, but I can point to the Bills/Broncos game this year as just one example how the town is turning towards the Sabres. Plain and simple the Bills need to start winning... and soon. I don't know how much longer fans are going to tolerate terrible seasons, terrible play on the field, no playoff appearances, etc.

With the Phins, it'd be a different story though like you said.
considering how the Bills were playing at the time, and how the Sabres were playing, the Broncos game is no big surprise. If the Bills were playing well and winning games, I think a lot of people would put the Sabres on the back burner til after the Bills are done. Hell, the Super Bowl and the midpoint of the NHL season are around the same time each year..and with 82 Sabres games as opposed to 16 Bills games, it makes sense.

SABuffalo786
05-21-2006, 12:57 PM
I would generally agree with you, but I can point to the Bills/Broncos game this year as just one example how the town is turning towards the Sabres.

Heh. I'll attest to that. Lots of Sabres shirts and chants at that game...

The_Philster
05-21-2006, 12:58 PM
In the world? That's a bit over the top.

I see you have a Man Utd. logo in your sig. I gurantee you that one Soccer team is 100 times more popular outside the US than the whole NFL put together.
said by some, I said...and ManU is one team...not an entire league. There are plenty of different soccer leagues in Europe besides the English Premier League