PDA

View Full Version : YEAH JIMBO!!!

THATHURMANATOR
12-19-2007, 07:10 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3160953

The Buffalo Bills aren't leaving western New York -- not if Jim Kelly has anything to say about it.

The Hall of Fame quarterback, making an autograph appearance at a shopping mall near Rochester, N.Y., said he is confident the Bills will not move in the foreseeable future, and hinted that a succession plan may already be in place.

"As long as I'm involved, I can't see them going anywhere else," Kelly said, according to the Democrat and Chronicle of Rochester.

The team's owner and founder, Ralph Wilson, 89, has said he will not sell the team and will not leave it to his heirs when he dies. That has raised fears in Buffalo, a city which has been losing population for decades, that the team could be sold to the highest bidder and moved away after Wilson dies.

The team has also sought and received permission to play preseason and regular season games in nearby Toronto, with the goal of growing its fan base and corporate sponsor base in Canada's largest city.

But Kelly says the Bills won't be leaving town.

"One way or another, I will make sure this team stays here. I know people who are ready to step up," said Kelly, who led the Bills to four consecutive Super Bowls as the team's quarterback. "I think Mr. Wilson has the same vision I have, and that's to keep the team in western New York.

blackonyx89
12-19-2007, 07:13 PM
I pray that he can pull it off!!! If he gets this team,they will win a Super Bowl. COUNT ON IT!!!

:dance:

My favorite part of his statement.....

"The easy part is the money," he said. "I wish I could tell you more ... Unfortunately, I can't say much. "I'm just going to say that I'm not worried about the Bills leaving and I live here."
<!-- end story body --><!-- begin sp links -->

I Hate Aqua Green
12-19-2007, 07:32 PM
Seems like he knows something that most everyone else doesn't...I feel more confident today than yesterday that this team will be here for a long time.

Mr. Pink
12-19-2007, 07:40 PM
Of course people gloss over this part....

"I think Mr. Wilson has the same vision I have, and that's to keep the team in western New York."

think being the keyword of that statement. Kelly lets on that he has had no talks or has no knowledge of what Ralph wants to do with the franchise. Just because Jim wants to keep the franchise here, which I think is great, doesn't mean he is going to have the opportunity to do so.

Devin
12-19-2007, 07:55 PM
Of course people gloss over this part....

"I think Mr. Wilson has the same vision I have, and that's to keep the team in western New York."

think being the keyword of that statement. Kelly lets on that he has had no talks or has no knowledge of what Ralph wants to do with the franchise. Just because Jim wants to keep the franchise here, which I think is great, doesn't mean he is going to have the opportunity to do so.

Agreed.

Bill Brasky
12-19-2007, 09:01 PM
are you guys reading the comments on the discussion board?

"
xmtempx Bills fan practice a little thing called doublethink
they are able to believe both goodfacts (the Bills are GREAT!) and realfacts (the Bills stink, and have stunk for years) at the same exact time, with no apparent conflict of interest. All fans do this to some extent, but they have it down, almost to perfection."

RockStar36
12-19-2007, 09:06 PM
I read this on the front page this morning.

Kelly has the said very similar things multiple times in the past. The off-season would be the time to do it. There is no sense in waiting if he has a group of people ready to buy. Ralph isn't doing anyone a favor, including himself, by holding on anymore.

im4bflo
12-19-2007, 09:29 PM
Why wouldn't either Ralph or Galisano, with all the money they have, just go all out for a couple of years, and spend that money to make themselves pretty much immortal in Buffalo history, and win this region it's first ever Pro CHAMPIONSHIP!
They would be GODS forever here, wouldn't they???
I guess business men just don't get it, but oh man, wouldn't you be thanking them for the rest of their, your, life. Who will be the first owner to want a CHAMPIONSHIP bad enough, to go for it!???
It seems like a no brainer if you had the money, win the power ball, buy the BILLS, spend it on a CHAMPIONSHIP, live as a GOD for the rest of your life in WNY!
Who will be the MAN!???

jamze132
12-20-2007, 06:18 AM
It is encouraging to hear someone from western NY talk like that about the future of the Bills though. At least its not all negative like this time last year.

don137
12-20-2007, 06:51 AM
It does make me feel like a deal is already in place for someone to buy the team after Ralph passes but it can not be released.

Typ0
12-20-2007, 12:28 PM
It does make me feel like a deal is already in place for someone to buy the team after Ralph passes but it can not be released.

Ralph has said it's going to the highest bidder...how does that make you feel like a deal is already in place? The highest bidder is going to come from another marketplace IMO as the team will be worth more somewhere else...and I highly doubt the other NFL owners are going to sit by and let a team that doesn't pull in the revenues keep sucking from their coffers. That's the crux of the whole thing right there...even if RW wanted to sell the team to JK tomorrow the rest of the NFL would have to approve it.

Michael82
12-20-2007, 01:23 PM
Isn't Donald Trump a fan of the Buffalo Bills? :ontome:

trapezeus
12-20-2007, 01:24 PM
last thing we need is donald trump bringing his magic of bankrupting most of his successes.

There are people far wealthier and smarter than the Donald.