PDA

View Full Version : Langston Walker

more cowbell
12-19-2007, 09:44 PM
Looks like this guy has turned out to be the best off season signing we made. Dockery is a solid guard next to Peters, but what this team really needed was another solid tackle on the right side. Walker has exceeded my expectations, especially in pass blocking.

jamze132
12-20-2007, 04:42 AM
I am happy with our O-line with the exception of Fowler.

mikemac2001
12-20-2007, 11:14 AM
patmoran??? any comments

raphael120
12-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Fowler is on his ass more than I am sitting on the coach watching the Bills on Sunday.

hydro
12-20-2007, 11:20 AM
patmoran??? any comments

He has made it well known that he was quick to make judgement on Langston.

justasportsfan
12-20-2007, 11:24 AM
McNally will have them playing better next year. A better OC helps the OL.

historypete
12-20-2007, 07:15 PM
I think Walker has played exceptionally well. He's had very few penalties called against him. His pass protection has been solid, much better than it was coming out of Oakland. What I think is even more impressive is the solid job him and Butler have done considering Butler's inexperience and Walker's questions. This has turned out to be an excellent pickup.

Now if we can only find a real tough, mean center then this line will be set for a long time.

patmoran2006
12-20-2007, 09:02 PM
He has made it well known that he was quick to make judgement on Langston.
Thank you.

patmoran2006
12-20-2007, 09:05 PM
patmoran??? any comments
I have said numerous times in threads recently I was quick to judge Walker and was happy to be wrong-- at least based on 2007.

I've said Walker has been a bargain for us.

Unlike some other people on here, I have absolutely no problem admitting when I am wrong about something.

I have given this organization in general a lot of props this season; because they have performed above my expecations; and Walker is near the top of the list.

However, the love affair ends in September of 2008, because absolutely anything short of a playoff game or two next year is a 100% failure.

G. Host
12-21-2007, 12:37 AM
However, the love affair ends in September of 2008, because absolutely anything short of a playoff game or two next year is a 100% failure.

Really? If they have major injury issues not like this year when it was multiple players most not critical but losing a starting LT, RB, etc to injuries early in season you would say it was a 100% failure?

Too many are too extreme in judging before circumstances actually occur.

njsue
12-21-2007, 12:41 AM
I am happy with our O-line with the exception of Fowler.

Fowler is a less than average center. This position could use an upgrade in the off season.

njsue
12-21-2007, 12:43 AM
I think Walker has played exceptionally well. He's had very few penalties called against him. His pass protection has been solid, much better than it was coming out of Oakland. What I think is even more impressive is the solid job him and Butler have done considering Butler's inexperience and Walker's questions. This has turned out to be an excellent pickup.

Now if we can only find a real tough, mean center then this line will be set for a long time.

Is Jeff Saturday(indy) up for free agency?