PDA

View Full Version : We should trade for Tony Gonzalez this offseason

JPFBillsFan
12-20-2007, 10:14 AM
Sounds like the Chiefs are rebuilding and he is open to a trade.
Since we'd be taking on his big salary I can't imagine the asking price
to be that high. I'd offer them a 3rd & 4th.

TE would have a field day throwing over the middle to TG.

thoughts?

SquishDaFish
12-20-2007, 10:16 AM
Would love it but wont ever happen

MikeInRoch
12-20-2007, 10:19 AM
I wouldn't give up that much for him. How many years do you think he really has left?

Mudflap1
12-20-2007, 10:34 AM
I think it's a great idea. Do I think our guys will do it and take his salary? Doubtful.

OpIv37
12-20-2007, 10:40 AM
This FO seems really opposed to shelling out for aging players, and it would cost a lot to get Gonzales here. It would be nice, but I just don't see it happening. Marv only opens the checkbook for guys who are mid-career. I'm not commenting on whether that's good or bad here, but it's how it is and it most likely means we arent' getting Gonzales.

PECKERWOOD
12-20-2007, 10:43 AM
I wouldn't dish out more than a 4th for him.

Michael82
12-20-2007, 10:57 AM
I'd rather throw a lot of money at Dallas Clark. :::

TacklingDummy
12-20-2007, 10:58 AM
I wouldn't dish out more than a 4th for him.

JP for TG, even swap.

PECKERWOOD
12-20-2007, 11:00 AM
JP for TG, even swap.

If the Chiefs were really that ******ed, I'd say sure! That would be a bigger rip off than what we did to Baltimore.

The King
12-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Id give up a 1st rounder for him!

justasportsfan
12-20-2007, 11:15 AM
If the Chiefs were really that ******ed, I'd say sure! That would be a bigger rip off than what we did to Baltimore. going by nos. alone without looking at the name, Willis would be worth what the ravens gave us ,arguably more.

He has 43 receptions, Evans has 51.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=null&season=2007&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

raphael120
12-20-2007, 11:18 AM
Nope. I'd rather have a high draft pick TE. Our team is built off youth.

PECKERWOOD
12-20-2007, 11:23 AM
going by nos. without looking at the name, he would be worth what the ravens gave us ,arguably more.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?tabSeq=0&statisticCategory=RUSHING&conference=null&season=2007&seasonType=REG&d-447263-s=RUSHING_YARDS&d-447263-o=2&d-447263-n=1

I disagree.

Baltimore has more weapons on offense than we ever had, if you put Marshawn on Baltimore's team I guarantee you that he would've matched McGahee's #'s or better. Baltimore has a much better OL than people give them credit for, just look at how many runs McGahee broke that were 20+ or more, he has less than anybody in the top 7 and he also has a nice 4 fumbles in comparison to Lynch's 1 fumble. That 3rd round pick got us Trent Edwards a possible franchise QB that I'm sure Baltimore would LOVE to have right now. I forget the exact extremities of the deal but I'm sure that we have another what is it, 3rd round pick this year because of Baltimore as well? They got smoked.

justasportsfan
12-20-2007, 11:26 AM
I disagree.

Baltimore has more weapons on offense than we ever had, if you put Marshawn on Baltimore's team I guarantee you that he would've matched McGahee's #'s or better. Baltimore has a much better OL than people give them credit for, just look at how many runs McGahee broke that were 20+ or more, he has less than anybody in the top 7 and he also has a nice 4 fumbles in comparison to Lynch's 1 fumble. That 3rd round pick got us Trent Edwards a possible franchise QB that I'm sure Baltimore would LOVE to have right now. I forget the exact extremities of the deal but I'm sure that we have another what is it, 3rd round pick this year because of Baltimore as well? They got smoked.
Not looking at what we got (trent) for that pick. But we did not rob them blind with 2 3rds.

Willis almost singlehandedly carried that O when McNair was playing like a HS qb. Again, Willis has 43 receptions, (Evans has 51) to go with his rushing yards.

Willis was missused here as is Lynch thanks to Fairchild.

Back to topic, TG would instantly give Trent a tartget in the redzone and in the slot. Would a 3rd rd. TE do the same? Maybe in 2-3 years. I would consider a 3rd.

trapezeus
12-20-2007, 01:34 PM
i like that this year was the push of youth. and for themost part, youth won games for us. not just trent, but lynch, and the countless D men who played. i want veterans to lead this team who ahve been with this team. The ones who've seen the worst.

No doubt the bills will be better next year, but no way will someone at the end of their career try to win the big game with buffalo. That's what the Patriots are for. The Bills are still2 years away from being legitamate. but that legitamacy will come through more drafts and more guys they can mold to their liking.

Kerr
12-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Would love it, but this team is trying to remain young.

MikeInRoch
12-20-2007, 02:03 PM
I agree with Mikey - I'd much, much rather try to pick up Dallas Clark.

njsue
12-20-2007, 03:08 PM

Will polian be resigning him?

IMO Dallas Clark is a great TE. Would love to see him on the Bills.

njsue
12-20-2007, 03:09 PM
Nope. I'd rather have a high draft pick TE. Our team is built off youth.

Need some veteran leadership also.

BADTHINGSMAN
12-20-2007, 04:52 PM
If he gets traded the Redskins and Patriots would be my bet as to teams interested..

Michael82
12-20-2007, 06:27 PM
Will polian be resigning him?

IMO Dallas Clark is a great TE. Would love to see him on the Bills.
Polian doesn't have a ton of money and his priority will probably be Bob Sanders, as he already has Ben Utecht. :up:

njsue
12-20-2007, 07:49 PM
Polian doesn't have a ton of money and his priority will probably be Bob Sanders, as he already has Ben Utecht. :up:

Then I say show Mr. Clark some $$$$$$$. Peyton's loss will be Trent's gain.