PDA

View Full Version : Check out what this Phish fan said

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2003, 03:50 PM
From another board:

"...And when you look at the highly FLUKY nature of the Bills wins over the Phins, it could easily be pointed out that the BILLS should be the team that is worried.

In the first game, the Phins D held the Bills offense to 10 pts not aided by turnovers. And Ray Lucas turned in the worst QB performance in the history of the NFL! What was it? Six INTs? To a team that hadn't had ANY INTS before then! And even with all the INTs, the Phins still only lost by 13 pts.

In the second game, the Phins normally great pass defense looked like the WORST D in the league. Ricky Williams ran for 228 yards, and the Phins STILL lost.

Not to say the Bills didn't win those game or anything, but there were some highly FLUKY things occuring IMHO.

Can even an improved Bills team that does not get a major league dose of FLUKINESS beat the Phins?

Maybe. But who's to say?

Basing predictions on what happened last year is USUALLY a very bad idea. And when there is as much FLUKINESS surrounding past events as around those two Bills wins over the Phins, it is apt to be a REALLY BAD IDEA IMHO! LOL

My response:

Let's see....1...2...3...4.

Wow. Four references to FLUKY and FLUKINESS.

Of course, when the Dolphins win games, they're never FLUKY. Like the game last season against Indy, Denver and Oakland. That's because you were better and won them outright.

But when the Dolphins lose games, such as twice to the Bills, once to the Jets, and let's not mention the painful Minnesota and New England games at the end of the season, they were all FLUKY wins.

"Our normally great pass defense fell flat on their faces."
or
"The normally bone crushing Ricky Williams got stuffed."

Sure. And you accuse me of being unrealistic?

And here's the funny part. His response:

While I agree the Phins have had some luck to win a few games, name one team that hasn't at some point?

I fail to see how ADMITTING the Bills were the benefactors of some FLUKY bounces takes away from the Bills victories over the Phins?

You must recognize the FLUKINESS of those wins yourself, BFSIW, to have responded with such asinine responses IMHO.

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Of course, when the Dolphins win games, they're never FLUKY. Like the game last season against Indy, Denver and Oakland. That's because you were better and won them outright.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Indy? - Miami came out smoking, put up some points, and then held on for dear life. The defense did a wonderful job of giving Peyton Manning a case of the happy feet, which is the way to beat him IMHO. Four INTs by Peyton I think?

Denver? - Now this example is far from fluky IMHO. Two last minute 50 plus yard FGs. Both teams played excellent football IMO. I assume you think Miami driving for the winning FG was FLUKY luck, but when Denver drove for the FG that gave them the lead just before the end of the game THAT was in no way FLUKY? LMAO!

Oakland? - Yeah, that's really a fluky example there, BFSIW? Miami holds the Raider passing attack in check for most of the day, keeps Gannon well under his passing average, and Miami has a record of beating Oakland in Miami recently. Man, talk about FLUKY? LMAO!

Quote:
But when the Dolphins lose games, such as twice to the Bills, once to the Jets, and let's not mention the painful Minnesota and New England games at the end of the season, they were all FLUKY wins.

Who said anything about the Jets, Vikes, or Pats games being FLUKY? Certainly not me. Yet again, when you have to start FABRICATING something to bolster your argument, you have lost already IMHO, BFSIW.

Jets game - A BIG SCREW UP by Lucas gave the Jets there ONLY TD of the game. They won by 3 points. Not a FLUKE, just a case of Lucas stinking IMHO.

Vikes - Defense couldn't get off the field and Cris Carter dropped the game winning TD in the endzone. No fluke there IMHO. Just poor play all around.

Pats - Wannstedt's typical big game over-conservativeness rearing it's head again IMHO.

Just to clarify my postion on these games for you, BFSIW. I'd hate for you to start FABRICATING statements for me again. LMAO!

Quote:
"Our normally great pass defense fell flat on their faces."
or
"The normally bone crushing Ricky Williams got stuffed."

Sure. And you accuse me of being unrealistic?

I think I said "normally GOOD pass defense" and if you call surrendering 228 yards to Ricky Williams "getting stuffed" then you have more problems than being unrealistic, BFSIW! LOL

I was just stating my opinion about the fluky occurrences in the Bills/Phins games. You may think the Bills just flat out dominated. I don't really care what you think.

But when you start telling us the Phins should be worried about playing the "improved" Bills because the stinky Bills of 2002 beat them twice, so the "improved" Bills of 2003 should murderize the Phins, you should expect to have your specious speculations called into question.

Anyone want to jump in there and straighten this guy out? :lol:

In order not to violate TOS, PM me for this particular thread's address.

Schobel94
04-02-2003, 03:58 PM
Yeah, here's my argument, the Phins suck!

ArcticWildMan
04-02-2003, 03:59 PM
Those are my boys known as the "The horde" :D

I've been debating with them via email all week.

ArcticWildMan
04-02-2003, 04:00 PM
BTW MM....we don't prohibit you from putting the link to the site in your thread. Go ahead and post the link to Junkeez' board.

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2003, 04:15 PM
Alright, I got the blessing from the powers that be here to post the link.

For this particular thread:
http://pub88.ezboard.com/ffootballblitzfrm41.showMessageRange?topicID=2820.topic&start=1&stop=20

For the main page of the board:
www.footballblitz.net

Please come to that thread and flex some Bills muscles for us. I can't stand those Phish fans talking up smoke!

BillsOwnAll
04-02-2003, 04:23 PM
wow......first of what the hell is imho? and wow....he is one of those people who THINK there a fan but they really just try to watch it to think there cool. i cant wait to talk to him after another year of phin bashing.!!

ArcticWildMan
04-02-2003, 04:34 PM
IMHO= In My Humble Opinion

ublinkwescore
04-02-2003, 04:36 PM
Sorry, I've been banned from Finheaven - because they're all a happy bunch over there, and I'm not - if you know what I mean.

ArcticWildMan
04-02-2003, 04:38 PM
That's not Finheaven.

4thAndLong
04-02-2003, 04:41 PM
I tried registering, says my e-mail already has an account and when I told it to send me the info, it never did. :scratch:

"While I agree the Phins have had some luck to win a few games, name one team that hasn't at some point?"

So you're saying the "FLUNKINESS" that you say the Bills have, happens for every team?

"Pats - Wannstedt's typical big game over-conservativeness rearing it's head again IMHO"

Is this one of the reasons the Bills should be afraid of the same Phins team that they beat last year? (Twice)

"Vikes - Defense couldn't get off the field and Cris Carter dropped the game winning TD in the endzone. No fluke there IMHO. Just poor play all around."

Ahh, I remember that game well. Culpepper had alot of fumbles, and you're team couldn't cash that in. Poor play is right, and this is a prime example of the annual "Dolphin stockmarket crash."

"I think I said "normally GOOD pass defense" and if you call surrendering 228 yards to Ricky Williams "getting stuffed" then you have more problems than being unrealistic, BFSIW! LOL"

He did have a great day, but how many of those yards came in the 2nd half? I remember the D STUFFING you guys in the 2nd half. Also, Fiedler played in this game and threw an INT.

"And Ray Lucas turned in the worst QB performance in the history of the NFL! What was it? Six INTs? To a team that hadn't had ANY INTS before then! And even with all the INTs, the Phins still only lost by 13 pts. "

PLEASE! Try getting INTs when your pass rush is nearly invisible and the opposing QB has enough time to do his laundry in the pocket. "Still only lost by 13," whether you lose by 13 or 99, losing is losing. "We only lost by" is an excuse for losers. :rolleyes:

"But when you start telling us the Phins should be worried about playing the "improved" Bills because the stinky Bills of 2002 beat them twice, so the "improved" Bills of 2003 should murderize the Phins, you should expect to have your specious speculations called into question."

Theoretically, Miyagi (you know him by BFSIW) is right. Speculations is all it is, but when the so called "stinky" version beat you (and you still have most of that team from last year), the "improved" version SHOULD beat you. Any given Sunday.

"I was just stating my opinion about the fluky occurrences in the Bills/Phins games. You may think the Bills just flat out dominated. I don't really care what you think."

The Bills played ALOT better than the Dolphins in both games. Travis dominated in both games and we got what we needed. We didn't have any turnovers in either game (I dont think) and our offense did what it needed to do. You dont have to be spectacular to win every game.

-4thAndLong

Please send this message to him MM.

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2003, 05:15 PM
4thandlong,

That's weird that you couldn't register on that board. Have you tried using another email account? You know hotmails are free.

See, if I just forward messages to this guy, it'd still be just me against a thousand blinded Dolphins fans. I would love it much more if we have a bunch of people flooding up that Dolphins board and just take over. :up:

ublinkwescore
04-02-2003, 05:19 PM
Mr. Miyagi, why don't you invite all those guys over here - I've kinda been banned from all EZ boards too.

What can I say, controvercy likes to follow me everywhere.

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2003, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
Mr. Miyagi, why don't you invite all those guys over here - I've kinda been banned from all EZ boards too.
LOL You might want to consult an Anger Management Counsoler. Oh wait that's you....:laughter:

justasportsfan
04-02-2003, 05:34 PM
Hehe. Finfans have to be the dumbest fans arround. (there are exceptions).

They have excuses for why they lose. If you actually add all those excuses , it simply means their team sucked. They don't see it that way.

ublinkwescore
04-02-2003, 05:34 PM
Nevermind, I managed to get in.

Time to raise some hell!!

J/K, I don't wanna get banned - whereelse can I talk some trash at with Phin fans - besides WCF, and MiamiMasterpiece (who have a dirty habit of posting and running like cowards).

Bufftp
04-02-2003, 05:40 PM
alternative to arguing with a fin fan,
1)find a brick wall and bring friend.
2)place head 6 inches from wall
3)have friend pound head into wall
4)repeat steps 2& 3

same result as arguing with fin fan.

4thAndLong
04-02-2003, 05:54 PM
Nevermind, I just got the info. :D

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2003, 07:49 PM
Nevermind, I managed to get in.

Time to raise some hell!!

J/K, I don't wanna get banned - whereelse can I talk some trash at with Phin fans - besides WCF, and MiamiMasterpiece (who have a dirty habit of posting and running like cowards).

Blinky, don't worry about it. Bring your biggest guns over there. I'll guarantee you don't get banned. ;)

ArcticWildMan
04-02-2003, 08:08 PM
Those guys can handle anything you dish out Blink. I've known them for years when we all used to hang at the old Sporting News message boards and the things that went on over there would make anybody blush :D

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2003, 08:11 PM
AWM looks like you need to show yourself there once in a while too. I mean, how cool would it be if you brought back a huge group of Bils fans back over there and show up "The Horde"? :D

ArcticWildMan
04-02-2003, 08:16 PM
I don't think too many people from here could handle them. Those guys can be pretty rough on folks ;)

The_Philster
04-02-2003, 08:55 PM
Send in Churchie. ;)

ublinkwescore
04-02-2003, 08:58 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Blinky, don't worry about it. Bring your biggest guns over there. I'll guarantee you don't get banned. ;)

Trust me when I say this, I can get banned anywhere.

ArcticWildMan
04-02-2003, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Send in Churchie. ;)

These guys would reduce Church to a quivering blob :D

The_Philster
04-02-2003, 09:08 PM
:eek:

Hey Churchie :bigwave: Sounds like AWM is challenging you. ;)

ublinkwescore
04-02-2003, 09:42 PM
Sorry, but no mulletwearing, primer'd car driving, cousin loving, roadkill roasting, b.o. emitting, toothless, tick toting, tobacco spitting, trinket trading, junk dealing, cheap beer drinking, outhouse going, incompetent voting, insect attracting, anal loving, gay rights marching, alligator wrestling, dirt farming, poop flinging, redneck phin fan is gonna show me up.

ublinkwescore
04-02-2003, 09:45 PM
So churchie's fat huh?

Interesting.

The_Philster
04-02-2003, 09:54 PM
Not the last time I saw him. :huh:

Cntrygal
04-02-2003, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
I don't think too many people from here could handle them. Those guys can be pretty rough on folks ;)

:evil:

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2003, 10:40 PM
Sorry, but no mulletwearing, primer'd car driving, cousin loving, roadkill roasting, b.o. emitting, toothless, tick toting, tobacco spitting, trinket trading, junk dealing, cheap beer drinking, outhouse going, incompetent voting, insect attracting, anal loving, gay rights marching, alligator wrestling, dirt farming, poop flinging, redneck phin fan is gonna show me up.
THAT'S the kind the big guns I'm talking about. Bring it! :laughter:

Mr. Miyagi
04-02-2003, 10:43 PM

Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..........................:eek:

SABURZFAN
04-02-2003, 11:35 PM

:rofl:

those guys????

:rofl:

Mr. Miyagi
04-03-2003, 08:04 AM
There's this one guy who claims to live in near Buffalo and is still a Dolphins fan. What's wrong with him? He's the one doing most of the talking too. :down:

Mr. Miyagi
04-03-2003, 11:57 AM
"4th gives a new definition to Bad Debating Tactics! LMAO!

Geeze! Are you sure you're not a Jets fan? That was some of the most horrendous strawman arguments, circular logic, and just outright denial of facts I have ever seen posted.

Quote:
So you're saying the "FLUNKINESS" that you say the Bills have, happens for every team?

No. What I said was, is there was A LOT Of FLUKY OCCURRENCES in THOSE TWO GAMES!

I assume you Bills fans think getting six INTs in one game when you formerly had NONE in the previous six games is NOT FLUKY?!

Ray Lucas does a decent job in the 1st quarter, enough to give the Phins the lead, and then just comes apart at the seams! He starts throwing them ten yards over wide open Rcvrs, he starts throwing them into the turf five yards in front of wide open Rcvrs... Watch the tape. It's captured for all to see and know Lucas' shame! LOL

In the second matchup, Ricky Williams runs for 228 yards, and had a 50+ yard breakaway TD run in the 2nd half by the way, which BRIEFLY gave the Phins the lead, and the Phins STILL lose?

The Dolphins Defense, ranked 3rd overall last season, looks like the Keystone Kops against the Bills passing attack, after holding the Bills to 10 pts in Miami (unaided by Turnovers)?

You Bills fans may not consider any of that FLUKY, and I can't help that, but those occurrences ARE the very definition of FLUKY IMHO.

Here's some help: Fluky (adjective) - (informal) subject to accident or chance or change. LOL

Quote:
"Pats - Wannstedt's typical big game over-conservativeness rearing it's head again IMHO"

Is this one of the reasons the Bills should be afraid of the same Phins team that they beat last year? (Twice)

True, but my question still remains: Can the Bills beat the Phins WITHOUT an flukiness occurring? Perhaps? Especially if the improvements are not ephemeral and are realized.

Quote:
"I think I said "normally GOOD pass defense" and if you call surrendering 228 yards to Ricky Williams "getting stuffed" then you have more problems than being unrealistic, BFSIW! LOL"

He did have a great day, but how many of those yards came in the 2nd half? I remember the D STUFFING you guys in the 2nd half. Also, Fiedler played in this game and threw an INT.

Yeah, that 3rd quarter 50+ yard TD RW had was another exemplary example of "stuffing" I guess. LOL You guys either have bad memoires or you are attempting mightily, and futilely IMHO, to characterize the Bills sweep of the Phins as "flukiness free".

And having erroneous memories and ignoring the FACTS would be the ONLY WAY to do that IMHO. LMAO!

Quote:
"Still only lost by 13," whether you lose by 13 or 99, losing is losing. "We only lost by" is an excuse for losers.

Boy, you sure do have a convenient debating style. Pick and choose, take what you want, and toss the rest. LOL

What I said was, when your team has SIX TURNOVERS and still only LOSES by 13 pts, you know your defense did a good job!

I was not pointing out the score to say how marginal the loss was, only that the Bills despite SIX TURNOVERS only managed to win by 13 pts.

Quote:
Theoretically, Miyagi (you know him by BFSIW) is right. Speculations is all it is, but when the so called "stinky" version beat you (and you still have most of that team from last year), the "improved" version SHOULD beat you. Any given Sunday.

A classic example of a circular argument which attempts to link two totally disparate things (last season and this season) and ignore the most basic facts (the difference in last season's Miami and Bills team and this season's teams).

In the first place, of the "most of that team" that the Bills swept last year, a huge part of it did not play in the 1st game last season: Fiedler, Gasden, and Chambers. The starting QB, the Starting #1 and #2 WRs.

That FACT totally invalidates your erroneous conclusion, unless you think the same set of circumstances will ensue in the upcoming season?

Second, you ignore the chance that Miami might be improved while assuming Buffalo is improved. Neither of which is for certain IMHO.

And third, your whole argument collapses if my contention that the FLUKINESS played a larger role in the Bills winning both games than did their "outplaying the Phins" as you say.

Quote:
The Bills played ALOT better than the Dolphins in both games. Travis dominated in both games and we got what we needed. We didn't have any turnovers in either game (I dont think) and our offense did what it needed to do. You dont have to be spectacular to win every game.

No, you certainly don't have to be spectacular, especially when you can get six turnovers from a horrid backup QB in one game, and can toss long TD passes at will in a blizzard against a normally good Defense (something I never saw the Bills duplicate last season by the way), and survive a RB posting 228 yards of rushing on your defense.

You see NOTHING FLUKY in those occurrences? I find that hard to believe! LMAO!

How many Bills fans would have said the Bills would win that 2nd game if you had told them Ricky Williams was going to run for 228 yards on the Bills? Not many IMHO.

In the end, I suspect the truth lies somewhere in the middle. As it usually always does.

I am REALLY HOPING the Phins get Buffalo in Miami in September. Maybe on a Monday Night. And Miami can unveil their new orange jerseys.

No Flukiness and I think Miami will win. But then again, I am a Phins Phan afterall. LOL"
In case you haven't noticed, this guy is the Wys equivalent on that board.

http://pub88.ezboard.com/ffootballblitzfrm41.showMessageRange?topicID=2820.topic&start=21&stop=27

Cntrygal
04-03-2003, 12:00 PM
I know a guy who keeps saying that they are going to sweep us.... "because look how great we were in the 70s". :rolleyes:

ArcticWildMan
04-03-2003, 12:02 PM
LOL!!! Yeah...you could say FinFanatic is Wys long lost twin. :D

And that was a short reply ;)

Mr. Miyagi
04-03-2003, 12:02 PM
:lol:

Jaydog57
04-03-2003, 12:50 PM

From your favorite, cut my hair, painted my car, dumped my cuz, finished my coonskin sammich, took a shower, got dentures, went to the vet, got on the 'patch', still makin jew'ry, still swapping wit' Sanford, only drink Cappy's, finally got indoor plumbing, have never voted, hate 'dem skeeters, no 'in thru the outdoor' lovin', rainbow hating, gator tail chompin, grass farming, sold my ***** flingin' monkey, Florida native, part time redneck Phin fan..... :shake:

ublinkwescore
04-03-2003, 05:02 PM
Sorry, but unless you drink Rolling Rock, or St. Pauli Girl, you're still drinkin' cheap beer.

Newcastle is good too though - so that's an exception (even though it's not really considered beer - I don't think - not sure).

BillsNYC
04-03-2003, 05:19 PM
the phins fans are great.....they resort to personal attacks when they can't argue a point....

ublinkwescore
04-03-2003, 05:34 PM
personal attacks like this "You're so stupid... ... ... ... ... you're stupid!"

shelby
04-03-2003, 05:43 PM
:lol: