PDA

View Full Version : EDWARDS DOESN'T MIND FAN CRITICISM:

justasportsfan
12-20-2007, 11:06 AM
EDWARDS DOESN'T MIND FAN CRITICISM: Trent Edwards was asked if it bothers him that some fans still question his arm strength. Edwards said he's not sick of hearing it.

"I think that’s part of being a fan and questioning the players on that team," said Edwards. "I’m a big Los Angeles Dodgers fan and I question the right fielder's arm a lot too. That’s part of being a fan so I’m fine with it."

Edwards didn't specify whether he was talking about Andre Ethier or Matt Kemp who both platooned at the position last season for the Dodgers.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/index.jsp?blogger_id=1

I never thought he had a weak arm. I guess fans say that because they are comparing his arm to JP's.

I agree that arm strength is overrated. Throwing catchable balls iswhats more important. Monatna and Brady come to mind.

What I would love to see Trent do is make more throws like he made to Reed in the comeback win. He threw it in between 2 defenders. Those are throws that both Brady and Montana make/made all the time. They float enough to get over the first defender and into their recievers hands but not high enough that they sail into the deeper defender/safety..... in stride.

Both Drew and JP have so much zip that they end up in a straight line from their hands to the target that defenders can get to.

TacklingDummy
12-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Class.

The King
12-20-2007, 12:04 PM
That Folks, is The Real Deal.

Ed
12-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Yeah, I think the misconception comes from the fact that JP has an exceptionally strong arm. One of the strongest in the league probably.

Trents arm strength seems fine to me, we just haven't been taking as many shots down field.