PDA

View Full Version : Matt Ryan

The King
12-20-2007, 12:37 PM
I have seen a few Draft boards lately that have Matty Ice as the number one QB coming out of this years draft. As someone who has watched a lot of Matt Ryan over the past few years I would be very catious drafting him in round 1. The kid has a great football mind plays in a pro system and has a great arm. At this point I think he is too thin and has far too many mental lapses to be considered better than Brohm.

:thoughts:

colin
12-20-2007, 12:59 PM
i think parcy parcells will be all over brohm at #1 overall

Night Train
12-20-2007, 01:32 PM
He's received a lot of publicity this past year, which will cause some team to draft him higher than he may be worth.

The hype machine wins again.

Forward_Lateral
12-20-2007, 01:43 PM
The kid from Kentucky is going to be the best QB of next year's draft.

Mr. Pink
12-20-2007, 01:44 PM
The kid from Kentucky is going to be the best QB of next year's draft.

Just like that last great QB Kentucky produced? :rofl:

DraftBoy
12-20-2007, 01:46 PM
Brohm is the best, Ryan is 2, Woodson is three....that being said Ryan has the most potential. And this goes to the Scouting Zone

The King
12-20-2007, 02:38 PM
The cat from Hawaii seems like them real deal too.

PECKERWOOD
12-20-2007, 02:50 PM

I think he'd be a great pick in the 2nd round and may end up being a better QB than them all.

BlackMetalNinja
12-20-2007, 04:27 PM
I still think Ryan is better than Brohm after watching a handful of BC games this year plus seeing Louisville in person. Brohm will be a solid backup for somebody I think in the long run.

Devin
12-20-2007, 05:22 PM
Just not sold on Woodson.

Ill clarify. Fantastic college QB, physically gifted and certainly wont be a bust or I dont believe so anyway at the pro level.

That said I am not sure how well his game will translate to the pros. He maybe an adequate option at the pro level but I dont know that he will ever be a pro-bowl franchise QB.

historypete
12-20-2007, 07:20 PM
I think Ryan is a bit above Brohm actually. The reason I say this is because Ryan has never had solid offensive talent around him that Brohm has, but he has still excelled. I think both will be good QBs, I really don't know how much of a difference there is between them, but I would prefer Ryan just slightly over Brohm and Woodson.

DraftBoy
12-20-2007, 08:08 PM
I think Ryan is a bit above Brohm actually. The reason I say this is because Ryan has never had solid offensive talent around him that Brohm has, but he has still excelled. I think both will be good QBs, I really don't know how much of a difference there is between them, but I would prefer Ryan just slightly over Brohm and Woodson.

I disagree, while Brohm may have had more name talent in Douglas, Ryan had a ton more overall team talent but having a D, a solid crew of WR, and a very underrated RB in Callendar.

Ryan is still too raw to be above Brohm. Brohm what you see you get, Ryan still can improve and become a better QB, Im pretty sure Brohm has maxed out his talent.

The Jokeman
12-30-2007, 07:50 PM
Just remember Colt's playing under a great offensive mind in June Jones and doesn't play in a great conference. As let's not forget the numbers of his predecessor Timmy Chang was never drafted and currently playing in the CFL. While Brennan has better size and stats are superiour to Chang's I still wouldn't take him.