PDA

View Full Version : Ralph Wilson speaks

Romes
12-20-2007, 02:04 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/10538907

"I'm very, very impressed with Dick Jauron," Wilson said in a phone interview with the Associated Press late Wednesday. "And I've never seen a team with so many injuries -- we signed guys off the street who were playing the next weekend -- compete the way they have. It's amazing."

not that dj was going anywhere anyway this offseason.

on JP and Edwards

The future might still include Losman, the fourth-year player who lost his starting job to rookie quarterback Trent Edwards this season. Losman has one year left on his contract, and there have been questions of whether the Bills will try to trade him this offseason now that they're moving forward with Edwards.

Not so fast, said Wilson, noting the number of starters who have been injured this season, including in Carolina, where the Panthers were forced to start aging veteran Vinny Testaverde. The Bills were even forced to go back to Losman, who secured three wins in five appearances midway through the season after Edwards sprained his throwing hand.

"A team needs two quarterbacks the way they're getting injured," Wilson said. "We'll have to think long and hard on that one."

If Losman returns, he'll remain the backup, because Wilson said Jauron is "very, very high" on Edwards, the third-round draft pick who has contributed to four victories in eight appearances this season.

yes a team needs two QB's but if there is value for JP they should trade him. I think there will be...we will see.

on FA:

Wilson said the Bills will be "very selective" in free agency this offseason, extending a trend that began two years ago when Marv Levy took over as general manager

probably similar to last year 1-2 good sized contracts (ie. dockery/walker) and then roster fillers.

on draft:

Wilson isn't a big believer in free agency, noting that most of this year's group of Pro Bowl selections were players developed by their respective teams. It's a group that includes Buffalo's lone Pro Bowl player, tackle Jason Peters, signed as an undrafted rookie free agent in 2004.

"You build a team from the draft," Wilson said. "It takes a little longer that way, but you have, for example, one team that has signed a lot of players but has never been a Super Bowl team."

obviously refering to the redskins. but no different then the last two years with marv as gm.

PECKERWOOD
12-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Get Haynesworth, 5yr/35 million dollar deal. :pray:

Man, I need to lay down the bong. Getting a player like Haynesworth would be a dream.

justasportsfan
12-20-2007, 02:25 PM
yes a team needs two QB's but if there is value for JP they should trade him. I think there will be...we will see.

I agree. Plus , I doubt we keep a back up whose more expensive than the starter.

OpIv37
12-20-2007, 02:28 PM
Wilson speaks?

Wow, so I guess there isn't any truth to the rumor that he actually died 3 years ago and Marv and Jauron have been animating him through a system of hidden ropes and pulleys a la Weekend at Bernie's.

Romes
12-20-2007, 02:34 PM
Wilson speaks?

Wow, so I guess there isn't any truth to the rumor that he actually died 3 years ago and Marv and Jauron have been animating him through a system of hidden ropes and pulleys a la Weekend at Bernie's.

i mean it was a phone interview...as far as i know maybe the midget trainer can do a really good wilson impersonation and it was him at the end of the line. :idunno:

trapezeus
12-20-2007, 02:36 PM
as cheap as ralph is, you have to appreciate that he opened the checkbook in 2000-2003 as donahoe said, and he got nothing. now Levy is saying, "there are a couple guys we won't find in the drast, let's sign them, but the rest we can grow ourselves."

I can understand the methodology and i think it's working.

The King
12-20-2007, 02:36 PM
Wilson speaks?

Mad Bomber should photo shop that image

Jan Reimers
12-20-2007, 02:43 PM
I agree with Ralph concerning the draft. I think you build the core of your team on draft day, and use FA to get an experienced player or two to supplement those draft picks.

OpIv37
12-20-2007, 02:44 PM
as cheap as ralph is, you have to appreciate that he opened the checkbook in 2000-2003 as donahoe said, and he got nothing. now Levy is saying, "there are a couple guys we won't find in the drast, let's sign them, but the rest we can grow ourselves."

I can understand the methodology and i think it's working.

I'll agree if one thing happens: assuming this team drafts well, in a year or two we should be ready to make a run. The young guys will be in their prime and we should be in good cap shape because of what's going on now. At that point, Ralph has to open the vault and bring in the missing pieces.

If the team builds exclusively through the draft, positions that are fine now will become problematic over time due to age/injury/FA, etc. So, we have to get as far as we can through the draft, pick the right moment, and make a 2-3 year run by bringing in FA's to fill the remaining holes.

mayotm
12-20-2007, 02:50 PM
Wow Op! You almost sound optimistic about the team's future. I'm stunned, but also agree. I feel very good about the direction the team is heading. Better than I've felt in a long time.

njsue
12-20-2007, 03:03 PM

Man, I need to lay down the bong. Getting a player like Haynesworth would be a dream.

Haynesworth has character issues!

PECKERWOOD
12-20-2007, 03:17 PM
Haynesworth has character issues!

I'd hardly call one incident character issues! Plus, we need a D-Lineman with some power and a meanstreak!

jdbillsfan
12-20-2007, 03:40 PM
Won't the Titans franchise Haynesworth?

Ed
12-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Haynesworth isn't going anywhere, and he's had character issues ever since his college days.

patmoran2006
12-20-2007, 05:04 PM
YOu can forget Haynesworth. The lock of this offseason is he's signing a long term deal or getting franchised.

For the Bills, if they get a REAL #2 WR and a REAL Tight end to surround Edwards, that can play and start from week ONE; whether it be the draft or free agency; anything else we do will be gravy to me.

The defense needs a little bit more, no doubt. But with Poz and Simpson back, it's good enough to keep us in most games. Far and away, the top priority is to get a few skilled "playmakers" on this offense.

To me personally, whether it be FA or the draft, I look at like this.

Absolute CRITICAL Needs:
#2 WR
TE

Boy, we could sure use some help here
OLB upgrade over Ellison (he becomes depth)
DT upgrade over K. Williams (he becomes depth)
C upgrade over Melvin Fowler (I think an upgrade would help the run game)

Lastly, I can live with these guys, but if we get a chance to improve, great.
CB- I'd like to have McGee or Grier start, not both; with the other being the nickel back.

I think we need a lot LESS than originally anticpated; because this team if done right this offseason will be FULL of good role players: Fred Jackson, Josh Reed, John McCargo, John DiGiorgio and Keith Ellison, George Wilson.

Typ0
12-20-2007, 05:12 PM
I'm so sick of Ralph Wilson. The other day Marcellus Willey was on Mike and Mike in the morning and he said "we thought we were good enough all season to make the superbowl and then Ralph Wilson told us we had to start Rob Johnson in the playoffs". Ralph Wilson is one of the worst owners in the league and our efforts should be spent blasting spit balls at him as he walks from one bills drive not analyzing anything he says as if it's got some validity.

Confused
12-20-2007, 05:39 PM
Haynesworth isn't going anywhere, and he's had character issues ever since his college days.

Its amazing how in this league, you can be a head-stomping disgrace one year to a sought after superstar the next year

njsue
12-20-2007, 07:47 PM
I'd hardly call one incident character issues! Plus, we need a D-Lineman with some power and a meanstreak!

Do you remember earlier this season when Jeff Fisher bit his head off because Haynesworth deliberately stepped on the back/neck of an opposing teams player.

The Bills don't need this kind of player!!!!

djjimkelly
12-20-2007, 07:50 PM
I agree. Plus , I doubt we keep a back up whose more expensive than the starter.

what happens when miraculously with new OC hes the qb again :couch:

BidsJr
12-20-2007, 08:21 PM

He'd never have time to QB with you on his Jock.

hydro
12-20-2007, 08:45 PM

Yet you proclaim you are done with JP? Doesn't sound like it.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-20-2007, 08:58 PM
what happens when miraculously with new OC hes the qb again

Simple. That OC will become more hated than Matt Millen.

ParanoidAndroid
12-20-2007, 09:42 PM

When the little guy goes down behind the couch, a #7 jersey should get tossed over the top followed by aliteration of sucking sounds.

Oaf
12-20-2007, 11:34 PM
If he wants to build through the draft, fine. Just draft a WR and TE real early like you should. Haynesworth would be nice.

Meathead
12-21-2007, 08:03 AM
Wow Op! You almost sound optimistic about the team's future. I'm stunned.
i hacked into his account

mybills
12-21-2007, 08:33 AM
I doubt we keep a back up whose more expensive than the starter.
Right now he is, but that can be reworked. Plus, Trent could get more if they're that set on him.
I like this idea..I suggested it a while back. If Trent gets hurt, we'll have a back up that can win games like he did this year. JP won 3 out of 5 which helped get them to where they were against the Browns. I can't hate him for that at all.

justasportsfan
12-21-2007, 10:11 AM
Right now he is, but that can be reworked. Plus, Trent could get more if they're that set on him.

I doubt JP takes a paycut. IMO,He would also want a shot as starting for another team. No way Ralphy increases Trents pay either at this point in time. That would be a stupid financial move on his part. Maybe after 2008 season if he proves himself.

Elminster
12-21-2007, 01:15 PM
I doubt JP takes a paycut. IMO,He would also want a shot as starting for another team. No way Ralphy increases Trents pay either at this point in time. That would be a stupid financial move on his part. Maybe after 2008 season if he proves himself.
Indeed. Losman is too expensive as a back-up when we could get a more experienced guy that is more similar to Trent in terms fo skill-set for the same or less money. Trade Losman for a 3rd round or second-day pick. There're always teams looking for young QBs with Losman's potential.

justasportsfan
12-21-2007, 01:21 PM
Indeed. Losman is too expensive as a back-up when we could get a more experienced guy that is more similar to Trent in terms fo skill-set for the same or less money. Trade Losman for a 3rd round or second-day pick. There're always teams looking for young QBs with Losman's potential.
Bring back Holcomb.

henrybacker
12-22-2007, 12:07 PM
Kind of a silly statement. Every team builds through the draft. It's not like some teams don't choose to participate in the draft or they pick guys they DON'T think will contribute. Not being active in the free agent market when your competition will be is just being cheap.

justasportsfan
12-22-2007, 12:19 PM
Kind of a silly statement. Every team builds through the draft. It's not like some teams don't choose to participate in the draft or they pick guys they DON'T think will contribute. Not being active in the free agent market when your competition will be is just being cheap.
the redskins don't. They'd rather trade their picks away for FA's.

henrybacker
01-04-2008, 04:00 PM
oh, sucks to be them I guess.....

venis2k1
01-04-2008, 04:16 PM
Trent has missed significant playing time in 4 of the last 5 seasons due to injury(i would call this injury prone) We need to have an experianced QB holding the clip board going into this year. It just seems crazy to me getting rid of a guy(Losman) who is firmillar with all the players on the roster, the head coach, a guy with a ton of potential who may thrive in a new system, a guy that wore the fricken "C" on his chest this year...for what? a fifth or sixth round pick???

The only half way decent answer ive heard as to why is "Losman makes too much money". I just hope these arent the same people who are calling Ralph cheap come March 1st.

My point is that if Trent goes down next year and misses a game or games to injury(as he did in 2003, 04, 06 and 2007) who would you rather have starting, JP Losman or Ken Dorsey??

Nighthawk
01-04-2008, 04:33 PM
I'll agree if one thing happens: assuming this team drafts well, in a year or two we should be ready to make a run. The young guys will be in their prime and we should be in good cap shape because of what's going on now. At that point, Ralph has to open the vault and bring in the missing pieces.

If the team builds exclusively through the draft, positions that are fine now will become problematic over time due to age/injury/FA, etc. So, we have to get as far as we can through the draft, pick the right moment, and make a 2-3 year run by bringing in FA's to fill the remaining holes.

Agreed, but at this pace...I'll be 90 by the time the Bills are done with their rebuilding. Oh yeah, and they'll be playing in Europe due to the expansion into that market!

Ingtar33
01-04-2008, 09:04 PM

he would have to be the guy on a bong to sign that.

he'll likely get double the money, at around 8 years.

Typ0
01-04-2008, 10:32 PM
last week levy said he wanted to be coach and wilson said no. I like Jauron. He's done a great job with this group. They overachieved because they believed they could and were put in a position to do so. Levy should have never been hired for GM if he didn't want the job. Wilson emerges as an ass again.

Nighthawk
01-04-2008, 10:58 PM
last week levy said he wanted to be coach and wilson said no. I like Jauron. He's done a great job with this group. They overachieved because they believed they could and were put in a position to do so. Levy should have never been hired for GM if he didn't want the job. Wilson emerges as an ass again.

Come again? They overachieved? Near the bottom in offense and defense is overachieving? Only beating 1 team with a winning record and beating up on the bottom feeders is overachieving? This is the mindset that drives me absolutely crazy!

hydro
01-04-2008, 11:01 PM
Come again? They overachieved? Near the bottom in offense and defense is overachieving? Only beating 1 team with a winning record and beating up on the bottom feeders is overachieving? This is the mindset that drives me absolutely crazy!

I guarantee we would have been 3-13 or 4-12 with Moolarky coaching. We ended up 7-9, and thats what you call overachieving (at least in mine and may others minds).

Nighthawk
01-04-2008, 11:22 PM
I guarantee we would have been 3-13 or 4-12 with Moolarky coaching. We ended up 7-9, and thats what you call overachieving (at least in mine and may others minds).

Sorry, that's plain nuts. This team can't even compete with the better teams and we are making progress??? I'm confused.

hydro
01-04-2008, 11:28 PM
Sorry, that's plain nuts. This team can't even compete with the better teams and we are making progress??? I'm confused.

Its all relative. If we had no injuries and had a 7-9 i would be unhappy. Yes i know not all players we lost were that great but with everyone we lost there was a worse player out there playing for him. In essence we fielded a team that had a talent level of a team picking in the top 5 of the draft yet we prevailed to a record most here didn't see as a possibility (even before the injuries)

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 07:37 AM
Ralph Wilson speaks

Who cares anymore!

Wilson should just shut his pie hole unless he's announcing that he's selling the team.

I mean honestly, what is he really gonna say that translates, realistically, to anything relevant!

He's better off just STHU and leaving every not knowing what he's thinking. That's better for the team and their fans the way he runs this sorry team, as sad as that is.

justasportsfan
01-05-2008, 12:44 PM
Who cares anymore!

Wilson should just shut his pie hole unless he's announcing that he's selling the team.

I mean honestly, what is he really gonna say that translates, realistically, to anything relevant!

He's better off just STHU and leaving every not knowing what he's thinking. That's better for the team and their fans the way he runs this sorry team, as sad as that is.

I agree with wys :puke:

Typ0
01-05-2008, 02:35 PM

no, this is not what I want in the long run but this team was ripe to give weak teams win and we beat them. We won on the road and I think there are a lot of things to be positive about even though we only beat up on the "bottom feeders". We played our role in keeping them the bottom feeders instead of us. If this team gets healthy, fills in some holes in the off-season and can get good consistent play from the QB position they will be a good contender to make the playoffs next season.

Typ0
01-05-2008, 02:36 PM
I agree with wys too.

justasportsfan
01-05-2008, 02:36 PM
I agree with wys too.
:brush:

hydro
01-05-2008, 02:43 PM
I agree with wys too.

This has to be a zone first!

Typ0
01-05-2008, 02:47 PM
This has to be a zone first!

I agree with wys on a lot of things.

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Yeah, Ralph should just STFU. I mean it is HIS team and he should have no say in it. I am positive that Ralph knows more about football in the almost 50 years he has owned the team than anyone on this website knows, except maybe Clump :D. Sure he has made some bad decisions, but they are his to make. There is absolutely NOTHING anybody can do about the ownership of this team short of taking things into their own hands, so why does everyone expend so much energy telling him to shut up about his own team?

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 06:35 PM
I agree with wys too.

What are you, running for office or something.

:D

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 06:39 PM
Yeah, Ralph should just STFU. I mean it is HIS team and he should have no say in it. I am positive that Ralph knows more about football in the almost 50 years he has owned the team than anyone on this website knows, except maybe Clump :D. Sure he has made some bad decisions, but they are his to make. There is absolutely NOTHING anybody can do about the ownership of this team short of taking things into their own hands, so why does everyone expend so much energy telling him to shut up about his own team?

So then you think that every owner then, by implication, knows more about football than any poster?

So then your explanation is what?

A. He's so damn cheap that it's laughable.
B. He's intentionally ignoring what he knows to be best and doing the opposite.
C. He simply doesn't care and is perfectly content to hire morons that probably according to you also "know more than anyone on the site" and then let them do what he knows won't even put a low-end football team on the table much less anything that's going to compete other than by accident, which upon discovering that will fire the sole reason for the accident should it happen again.
D. All of the above

How do you know what every poster here knows about football?

Frankly, it's common sense.

The reason people tell him is because this is a "squeaky wheel" business in a public realm of entertainment and as such part of that is their right to speak freely on the matter. No one really wants to hear much from Mr. Wilson anymore.

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 07:04 PM
So then you think that every owner then, by implication, knows more about football than any poster?

So then your explanation is what?

A. He's so damn cheap that it's laughable.
B. He's intentionally ignoring what he knows to be best and doing the opposite.
C. He simply doesn't care and is perfectly content to hire morons that probably according to you also "know more than anyone on the site" and then let them do what he knows won't even put a low-end football team on the table much less anything that's going to compete other than by accident, which upon discovering that will fire the sole reason for the accident should it happen again.
D. All of the above

How do you know what every poster here knows about football?

Frankly, it's common sense.

The reason people tell him is because this is a "squeaky wheel" business in a public realm of entertainment and as such part of that is their right to speak freely on the matter. No one really wants to hear much from Mr. Wilson anymore.

No, not every owner knows more about football, but has every owner had the same criteria of owning their team for almost 50 years, or did you miss that part.

You're right, I don't know what everyone here knows about football. But reading many of these posts, it is easy to conclude. I know he knows more than you do.

Nighthawk
01-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Ralph might know more about football than most of us, but there is one thing he doesn't know...and that is how to build a winning organization. That part of his brain must have already gone away.

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 07:26 PM
Ralph might know more about football than most of us, but there is one thing he doesn't know...and that is how to build a winning organization. That part of his brain must have already gone away.

Usually you need great players to win a championship, he doesn't pick those and he doesn't play. Of course there are a whole bunch of owners that don't know how to do it either it seems.

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 08:27 PM
No, not every owner knows more about football, but has every owner had the same criteria of owning their team for almost 50 years, or did you miss that part.

You're right, I don't know what everyone here knows about football. But reading many of these posts, it is easy to conclude. I know he knows more than you do.

Oh, I see, so buying a team for dirt cheap, having it succeed apart from pretty much anything that you ever did with your only decent era coming about from an accident induced by a heart attack to an existing GM, then in turn firing that same person that was responsible for 90% of your success, ...

...those are shrewd moves in your book then!

I see.

I'll side with a good many people here. Wilson never played pro ball, never coached, was never a GM, and frankly, has outside of the Polian era, only made people wonder WTH he's actually ever done besides ride the modern day wave of the NFL through its biggest growth years ever.

Wilson may be a good businessman, but he doesn't know very much about football and what makes football team's successful. Either that or he just doesn't care nor ever has.

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 08:40 PM
Oh, I see, so buying a team for dirt cheap, having it succeed apart from pretty much anything that you ever did with your only decent era coming about from an accident induced by a heart attack to an existing GM, then in turn firing that same person that was responsible for 90% of your success, ...

...those are shrewd moves in your book then!

I see.

I'll side with a good many people here. Wilson never played pro ball, never coached, was never a GM, and frankly, has outside of the Polian era, only made people wonder WTH he's actually ever done besides ride the modern day wave of the NFL through its biggest growth years ever.

Wilson may be a good businessman, but he doesn't know very much about football and what makes football team's successful. Either that or he just doesn't care nor ever has.

I see, they ONLY had success in the Polian era. That will come as a shock to those championship teams from the 60s. I guess laying out millions in salarys year after year has meant nothing. I guess seeing coaches like Spurrier and Nick Saban get millions of dollars to do nothing means he should lay out millions to the hottest name in college sports. Maybe he should hire that genius Charlie Wiess who turned ND into a winner when he got there. Maybe he should just hire one of those great old coaches out there who HAVE won a superbowl like Parcells, and give him the head coach job and the GM duties. It worked so well with Holmgren. I guess he could have charged a lot more for tickets and made a boat load of money, or at the least he could have moved the team to make more money since that is all he is interested in.

Your arguments are ridiculous.

Wys Guy
01-05-2008, 08:42 PM
OK then, Wilson's a football genius.

:)

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 08:49 PM
Never said that, but he ISN'T the only reason this team hasn't won lately.

Turf
01-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Ralph got lucky with Marv on the cheap, and he's trying it again. Problem is had he forked out just a tad more cash to get a DL to complement Bruce for that SB team, we would have won a couple of them. Ralph is dumb that way.

Nighthawk
01-05-2008, 09:55 PM
Usually you need great players to win a championship, he doesn't pick those and he doesn't play. Of course there are a whole bunch of owners that don't know how to do it either it seems.

You're seriously misguided. Either that or in serious denial about the state of this franchise.

chernobylwraiths
01-05-2008, 11:25 PM
You're seriously misguided. Either that or in serious denial about the state of this franchise.
I think you are the one misguided if you think Ralph makes all our picks and makes every decision. Or you are just bitter and need a scapegoat.

justasportsfan
01-06-2008, 08:49 AM
he pick Robosack over Flutie didn't he?

chernobylwraiths
01-06-2008, 02:27 PM
he pick Robosack over Flutie didn't he?

Maybe, I didn't say he was right all the time. But that is one place where Phillips should have taken a stance, not on his idiotic friend who couldn't coach.

Typ0
01-07-2008, 05:09 PM
I see, they ONLY had success in the Polian era. That will come as a shock to those championship teams from the 60s. I guess laying out millions in salarys year after year has meant nothing. I guess seeing coaches like Spurrier and Nick Saban get millions of dollars to do nothing means he should lay out millions to the hottest name in college sports. Maybe he should hire that genius Charlie Wiess who turned ND into a winner when he got there. Maybe he should just hire one of those great old coaches out there who HAVE won a superbowl like Parcells, and give him the head coach job and the GM duties. It worked so well with Holmgren. I guess he could have charged a lot more for tickets and made a boat load of money, or at the least he could have moved the team to make more money since that is all he is interested in.

Your arguments are ridiculous.

actually, it's your arguements that are rediculous. If RW was so good why then does he constantly have to meddle with the team? If he's going to hire someone to do a job then he should let them do it. Ralph Wilson is a senile antique dumbass who still runs the team like it's 50 years ago. There will be no success at OBD until RW is gone.

Typ0
01-07-2008, 05:11 PM
Maybe, I didn't say he was right all the time. But that is one place where Phillips should have taken a stance, not on his idiotic friend who couldn't coach.

not when the coach negotiated for control of who is on the coaching staff.

chernobylwraiths
01-07-2008, 07:26 PM
actually, it's your arguements that are rediculous. If RW was so good why then does he constantly have to meddle with the team? If he's going to hire someone to do a job then he should let them do it. Ralph Wilson is a senile antique dumbass who still runs the team like it's 50 years ago. There will be no success at OBD until RW is gone.

Of course owners of multi-million dollar companies don't care what happens with their company. They also don't want to have ANY say in what their employees do.

Just dumb.

Typ0
01-08-2008, 08:10 AM
Of course owners of multi-million dollar companies don't care what happens with their company. They also don't want to have ANY say in what their employees do.

Just dumb.

that's where you are going wrong. Of course he cares. But caring and being competent are two different things. He cares. He believes he's doing the right things. But he isn't. He's incompetent and he has destroyed the organization...just like many CEOs who have driven companies into the ground. That doesn't mean they didn't care it just means they couldn't get the job done. And when the guy at the top can't get the job done the organization is doomed.

justasportsfan
01-08-2008, 09:44 AM

Just dumb.

the only thing the owner should be worried about is making money. Let those who know how to create a winning product do their job. That isn't his expertice.

I credit Ralphy for keeping the team in buffalo. I credit Ralphy for producing a losing franchise who's only claim to fame is 4 consecutive sb appearances but no wins.

PS- his stupid decisions outweigh his correct ones. See Polian.

Ralphy has the endency to screw over those that help him. Polian and Flutie.

chernobylwraiths
01-08-2008, 11:39 AM
the only thing the owner should be worried about is making money. Let those who know how to create a winning product do their job. That isn't his expertice.

I credit Ralphy for keeping the team in buffalo. I credit Ralphy for producing a losing franchise who's only claim to fame is 4 consecutive sb appearances but no wins.

PS- his stupid decisions outweigh his correct ones. See Polian.

Ralphy has the endency to screw over those that help him. Polian and Flutie.

Why do you continue to blame Ralph for Polian. If Polian did what is alleged he did, there is no way in hell he would continue to hold his job ANYWHERE!

Typ0
01-08-2008, 05:06 PM
Why do you continue to blame Ralph for Polian. If Polian did what is alleged he did, there is no way in hell he would continue to hold his job ANYWHERE!

what was it alleged he did and from who? And if it's so bad then why is he still in INDY defending a Superbowl title?

chernobylwraiths
01-08-2008, 05:37 PM
what was it alleged he did and from who? And if it's so bad then why is he still in INDY defending a Superbowl title?

Allegely, he called Ralph Wilson's daughter a name that would result in any father striking the person who said it.

justasportsfan
01-08-2008, 06:07 PM
Allegely, he called Ralph Wilson's daughter a name that would result in any father striking the person who said it.
SHe probably deserved it. :couch:

chernobylwraiths
01-08-2008, 06:11 PM
SHe probably deserved it. :couch:

It's possible, but you can't have your boss hear that you said that.

justasportsfan
01-08-2008, 06:14 PM
It's possible, but you can't have your boss hear that you said that.
It's a business. Why was she around anyways? So he defended his personal interest and the business suffered because of it.

Family can screw your business interest and we are proof of it. He isded with the daughter and the colts won the sb with Polian.

chernobylwraiths
01-08-2008, 06:16 PM
It's a business. Why was she around anyways? So he defended his personal interest and the business suffered because of it.

Family can screw your business interest and we are proof of it. He isded with the daughter and the colts won the sb with Polian.

I believe she is a VP in the company and has been for quite a while.

justasportsfan
01-08-2008, 06:19 PM
I believe she is a VP in the company and has been for quite a while.

well, looks like we kept the wrong person in there. She hasn't produced squat while Polian produced a winning franchise wherever he went.

Typ0
01-08-2008, 06:22 PM

father striking maybe but boss firing only indicates incompetence in being a boss.

chernobylwraiths
01-08-2008, 06:45 PM
father striking maybe but boss firing only indicates incompetence in being a boss.

Right.

yordad
01-08-2008, 08:07 PM
Awe man. As long as this post has been on the front page, I was hoping we would have the RW puppet on strings photo shopped by now.