PDA

View Full Version : Buffalo: Bad news fo TEs

G. Host
12-21-2007, 03:19 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3162957

Buffalo is the second-best defense in the NFL against tight ends. With Jeremy Shockey out for the rest of the season, the Giants will have a rookie tight end making his first NFL start. Good luck, Kevin Boss.

Bills cornerback Jabari Greer has allowed an average of just 1.3 yards after the catch when he's the main pass defender, the lowest figure for any defender with at least 30 charted passes. On the other side of the field, Terrence McGee has allowed an average of just 2.1 yards after the catch, which ranks eighth in the league. All praise the power of the Tampa 2!

These observations by FootballOutsiders does not at all correspond to what is posted here.

ghz in pittsburgh
12-21-2007, 06:33 AM
Do they have figures of 3rd down pass completion yardage against the Bills? I'mmore interested in that.

Mahdi
12-21-2007, 07:42 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3162957

Buffalo is the second-best defense in the NFL against tight ends. With Jeremy Shockey out for the rest of the season, the Giants will have a rookie tight end making his first NFL start. Good luck, Kevin Boss.

Bills cornerback Jabari Greer has allowed an average of just 1.3 yards after the catch when he's the main pass defender, the lowest figure for any defender with at least 30 charted passes. On the other side of the field, Terrence McGee has allowed an average of just 2.1 yards after the catch, which ranks eighth in the league. All praise the power of the Tampa 2!

These observations by FootballOutsiders does not at all correspond to what is posted here.
Thats a huge surprise to me.... maybe they are focusing on fantasy points.... fact is the Bills give up a lot of first downs and yards to TEs which keeps drives alive.

madness
12-21-2007, 08:22 AM
but..but... a little TTornado told me our secondary sucks.

mybills
12-21-2007, 08:24 AM
that's my boy! :up:

Jan Reimers
12-21-2007, 08:28 AM
When I saw the title, I thought it meant OUR tight ends, who have been a forgotten part of our offense since the Metzelaars/McKellar days.

Don't Panic
12-21-2007, 08:30 AM

I love this stat, and I think it calls for praise for our secondary, but it also reminds me of the fact that numerous times in a game I see guys catch balls in the soft spots of our zone and then get tackled right away... 8 yards gained. It's a deceiving statistic is all I'm saying. Good thing our DBs are making the tackle right away... if they weren't we'd be 32nd in total D. Still, stats aside, it's hard to argue with all the games we've been in this year with the D in the shape its in.

RedEyE
12-21-2007, 02:07 PM
:scratch:

That's an immense surprise to me.

Oaf
12-21-2007, 06:20 PM
When I saw the title, I thought it meant OUR tight ends, who have been a forgotten part of our offense since the Metzelaars/McKellar days.
When I saw that title, I thought RW had admitted we needed a big upgrade there. :snicker2:

Philagape
12-21-2007, 06:36 PM
Thats a huge surprise to me.... maybe they are focusing on fantasy points.... fact is the Bills give up a lot of first downs and yards to TEs which keeps drives alive.

According to the Sporting News, Buffalo is 21st in fantasy points allowed to tight ends (going from most to least). Since there are few elite TEs in the league, a lot depends on which ones a team faces. Witten and Cooley killed us, and Watson scored TDs both times he faced us.

colin
12-22-2007, 09:51 AM
TE, C, and most of all FB are the most over rated positions by "knowledgeable".

they are all important, but C or RG is the least important position on the line, TEs are great when you already have another good WR out there, and FBs are very very limited in their value.

of course, makes you wonder why we always pull our C, and have 2 TEs out there, and sometimes a lineman in at FB. i'm not really in love with our O.