PDA

View Full Version : What if all of these injuries are not just a fluke?

Pride
12-21-2007, 01:39 PM
I am concerned that we are all planning on having all of these players back from IR next year, just in time to make a run at the playoffs... but what if 15 more players go on IR?

Is it possible that our injury bug is not just a fluke? That it could strike us again next year? If so, who is to blame? Are the players too big and too fast and now we are seeing injuries due to that? Is our strength and conditioning coach not doing his job? Are players taking bigger risks on the field?

I'm a little worried about this for next year.

LtBillsFan66
12-21-2007, 01:45 PM
fluke

Pride
12-21-2007, 01:47 PM
explain why it is a fluke as opposed to the start of a trend.

OpIv37
12-21-2007, 01:48 PM
if it's because the players were too big and too fast, other teams would have the injury bug as well- few if any teams have nearly as many injuries as us, and this is the first time we've had that many. So, I think the "too big too fast" thing is jumping to conclusions.

As far as the training, it depends on the type of injuries. No amount of conditioning could have prevented what happened to Everett, Poz, Wilson, etc- you can't condition to not break bones. Pulls, some sprains, strains, ligament/tendon/muscle tears- conditioning can help with those to a point. I honestly haven't been keeping track of the type of injury so I can't really comment if it's just bad luck or if our guys really are out of shape.

In a semi-related note, hopefully Jauron will be a little tougher on the guys in camp this summer instead of hosting "Club Jauron." The team started slow each of the last two years, and the extra conditioning certainly won't hurt on the injury front.

justasportsfan
12-21-2007, 01:57 PM
we need to roid up our players or serve them cheeseburgers.

BidsJr
12-21-2007, 02:15 PM
if it's because the players were too big and too fast, other teams would have the injury bug as well- few if any teams have nearly as many injuries as us, and this is the first time we've had that many. So, I think the "too big too fast" thing is jumping to conclusions.

As far as the training, it depends on the type of injuries. No amount of conditioning could have prevented what happened to Everett, Poz, Wilson, etc- you can't condition to not break bones. Pulls, some sprains, strains, ligament/tendon/muscle tears- conditioning can help with those to a point. I honestly haven't been keeping track of the type of injury so I can't really comment if it's just bad luck or if our guys really are out of shape.

In a semi-related note, hopefully Jauron will be a little tougher on the guys in camp this summer instead of hosting "Club Jauron." The team started slow each of the last two years, and the extra conditioning certainly won't hurt on the injury front.

A lot of the reason our team started poorly the last 2 years is because our QB played like an 8th grader.

Hopefully that won't happen again next year.

RedEyE
12-21-2007, 02:22 PM
The chances of this occuring a 2nd time is slim. And even if it does, the Bills know have 15+ back-ups with a **** ton of experience under their belt.

justasportsfan
12-21-2007, 02:29 PM
may be a blessing in disguise. We'll be prepared next year when we make our sb run... I mean , our dynasty run.

John Doe
12-21-2007, 02:38 PM
Last season the Bills were relatively injury-free under the same coaching and training.

raphael120
12-21-2007, 03:29 PM
Yeah I'm sick of the Club Jauron crap.

We're always out the gates horribly slow. 1-3 this season, 1-3 last season in the first 4 games of the season.

BillsOwnAll
12-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Its a fluke. theres at least 6 or 7 Broken bones that put guys on the IR. You cant train people or condition people to not break bones. theres only a few legit pulled muscles and condtioning related injuries and every team will have a few of those every year no matter what.

Bufftp
12-21-2007, 06:28 PM
explain why it is a fluke as opposed to the start of a trend.
We need a consecutive year to start looking at a trend.

Billzz
12-21-2007, 08:00 PM
Yeah I'm sick of the Club Jauron crap.

We're always out the gates horribly slow. 1-3 this season, 1-3 last season in the first 4 games of the season.

I can see us 2-2 next year and hopefully 3-1 if we can open up the offense a bit more in the beginning of games instead of playing the hang around and try to beat em with the last drive situations we have faced.