Clear All
  • Philagape
    WIN NOW
    • Jul 2002

New York Times article on Jason Peters

Peters Is Making a Name for Himself

By MATT HIGGINS
    Published: December 22, 2007

ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. — At 6 feet 4 inches and 340 pounds, Jason Peters would seem to be a hard guy not to notice, particularly for N.F.L. coaches. After all, he ran the 40-yard dash in 4.94 seconds, blazing fast for a man his size.

But all 32 N.F.L. teams passed on Peters in the 2004 draft. Then 31 teams ignored him a second time as a free agent.

Peters’s peers know him now. Earlier this week Peters, a left tackle for the Buffalo Bills, was selected to the 2008 Pro Bowl. With the honor has come praise in proportion to Peters’s size.

“For the next two to three years, he could be as good a lineman as there is in the league,” the Bills’ offensive line coach, Jim McNally, said.

Gil Brandt, an analyst for NFL.com and the former vice president of player personnel for the Cowboys, said: “I would say this is the first year of many Pro Bowl appearances. I just think this is a player who’s only going to get better.”

"It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
    2004 BZ Big Money League Champion
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: New York Times article on Jason Peters

Not everyone knows this; but Jason Peters is a very "high quality" guy off the field.

He's very well spoken and polite. I've had a few opportunities to speak to him before. He's very impressive.

And of course, on the field he's emerged as one of the best tackles in football. There's only a handful of linemen in the league I'd rather have over him.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• MikeInRoch
      • Sep 2003

For as much as people here rip on McNally, you have to give him some of the credit for Peters' development as well.
      "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I think McNally has done a good job this year. The weakness of the Bills line is being able to run up the middle, and I think that's more because of a lack of talent there (Fowler, and Butler's still learning) than anything else.

I do think Butler has improved a lot since early in the year; and McNally deserves some credit for that too. Hasn't been three weeks since Edwards has been sacked?

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

The center spot needs to be upgraded, but likely won't as there are other need areas. Butler's shoulder wasn't healed most of last season and off-season, and is probably just getting to 100%. With a full off-season healthy, he should be able to add the necessary strength he's lack, and that should help a lot.

As for Peters, what does McNally mean by "next 2-3 years?" He could be a Pro Bowler for the next 5 years.

Comment

• Luisito23
            Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
            • Apr 2003

Great article thanks for posting it....I Peters!!!....

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!
            "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
            ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
            ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
            ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

Working...
            X