PDA

View Full Version : Youboty

patmoran2006
12-22-2007, 08:53 AM
I'd like to see a lot more of him the last two weeks, especially since we're out of the playoffs.

I am totally baffled as to why this guy can't even get on the field anymore. We've played Leonard and even Scott in nickel/dime situations before him.

I'd like to see him play in nickel packages over the past two weeks, so maybe we can find out what the hell he's doing?

Going by the way he's been used so sparingly this season; I wouldn't be surprised at all if he's not even around next year.

One of the great mysteries to me. I thought he looked decent early in the year.

Goobylal
12-22-2007, 09:09 AM
He's not going anywhere next year until at least the first cuts of training camp. But I agree they should give him a long look to see what they've got.

colin
12-22-2007, 09:53 AM
i think he just doesn't get the D as much as the coaches would like.

when he is near the play he does look good (very talented guy) but between him, 2 of our LBs, and our FS we have some pretty bad breakdowns in coverge

Jan Reimers
12-22-2007, 11:43 AM
Lots of potential, little productivity. I'd give him one more year to mature.

YardRat
12-22-2007, 11:45 AM
Third year is make it or break it for Ashton. Start contributing on a regular basis, in a regular role, or hit the bricks.

circlethewagons
12-22-2007, 12:08 PM
Ashton must have blown coverages like no other in that New England game- thats the last time he played isnt it?

more cowbell
12-22-2007, 04:26 PM
Ashton must have blown coverages like no other in that New England game- thats the last time he played isnt it?

No that was Jerametrius Butler who looked like he had never played football in his career before

Oaf
12-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Youboty's major weak spot is tackling and run support IMO.

raphael120
12-22-2007, 05:23 PM
He is a tiny dude. But on this team, Roscoe makes him look like a giant. And compared to the midget trainer (Who I might add is not on the Buffalo BIlls christmas card I got in the mail, hmm...) Youboty is Godzilla.

yordad
12-22-2007, 06:58 PM
He plays scared. He lacks confidence. I'm a semi pro poker player. I read body language all day. And, I don't like what his body is saying.

He can only hide behind his excuses for so long. At some point his lingering "injuries" will be transparent.

I predict he is cut in preseason next year, never to play again.

Which really sucks; I had high hopes for the fellow. I really hope he can prove me wrong. Maybe it is just because he was young when he was drafted. Maybe he is maturing as we speak. :shrug:

I think Scott is much better. O, and BTW, Youboty is 5'11. Same height as Greer or Thomas, and 2 inches taller than Webster. Scott is 6'1 and weights 30 lbs more then Youboty. For comparison, Schobel is only 25 lbs more then Scott.

cocamide
12-23-2007, 09:13 AM
He is a tiny dude. But on this team, Roscoe makes him look like a giant. And compared to the midget trainer (Who I might add is not on the Buffalo BIlls christmas card I got in the mail, hmm...) Youboty is Godzilla.

I agree. I saw him near the buses after the Miami game, and he looks like he's about 16 years old and weighs about 150. The midget trainer is short, but at least he's stocky and could probably take down a running back or two if he had good tackling form.

The Jokeman
12-23-2007, 09:36 AM
He plays scared. He lacks confidence. I'm a semi pro poker player. I read body language all day. And, I don't like what his body is saying.

He can only hide behind his excuses for so long. At some point his lingering "injuries" will be transparent.

I predict he is cut in preseason next year, never to play again.

Which really sucks; I had high hopes for the fellow. I really hope he can prove me wrong. Maybe it is just because he was young when he was drafted. Maybe he is maturing as we speak. :shrug:

I think Scott is much better. O, and BTW, Youboty is 5'11. Same height as Greer or Thomas, and 2 inches taller than Webster. Scott is 6'1 and weights 30 lbs more then Youboty. For comparison, Schobel is only 25 lbs more then Scott.
Scott is also a S whereas Youboty is a CB hence the size difference. That said Ashton isn't seeing playing time because he hasn't shown he deserves it. I can't say he's horrible because I can't remember him getting torched and/or making a play therefore right now he's a justaguy type player.

I don't disagree with you he could get cut next season as would hope we bring in a veteran to replace Webster on the roster that can compete for a starting spot. Travis Fisher was a guy I thought we'd pursue last year and is do to be an UFA again this year. I think he'd be a good addition as he's managed to stay healthy this year and done well for Detroit's cover2 scheme and has worked under Fewell in St Louis.

John Doe
12-23-2007, 11:34 AM
Oaf made a good point about his run suppot. Early in the season Steve Tasker pointed out that he did not use proper technique, letting the runner get to the outside rather than funneling him back to the middle.

Youboty is still a very young player and should really be a rookie this year.

Whether he can progress remains to be seen.

Hard Nose Football
12-24-2007, 03:35 PM
Youboty blows.

I don't get how anybody thinks he'll be anything,

Bmax
12-24-2007, 09:03 PM
Toughness- needs to show more of it...........

Bmax

Al the Bills Fan
12-24-2007, 09:34 PM
He did show some promise in the beginning of the year, but i fear he may be done in Buffalo. Probably in the first wave of cuts in training camp.