PDA

View Full Version : Jay Glazer's Top 20 Free Agents

patmoran2006
12-22-2007, 09:08 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/7592192

nice to see no Bills on this list; unlike last year when Fletch and Clements were in the top 5.

Goobylal
12-22-2007, 09:10 AM
Jay Glazer is a tool.

patmoran2006
12-22-2007, 09:11 AM
7. Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha — Because of his talent, potential and position he moves up the list and resides in our top 10.

8. Bears LB Lance Briggs — The best LB on the open market. He's a perfect fit for a Tampa-Two defense but has the speed, athleticism and smarts to play in any system. Briggs is an explosive player, loved in the locker room and would provide an instant burst to any defense. Overall the linebackers in the open market are weak.

11. Colts TE Dallas Clark — A solid weapon in the Colts offense, Clark is not a conventional tight end, which means he doesn't fit every system. However, in the systems he does fit in, he can cause fits for defensive schemes. The ultimate cover-2 buster, he'd be a huge loss to the Colts if he bolted. The Eagles' L.J. Smith is the best of the rest on this list.

20. Eagles TE L.J. Smith — He's a young tight end who needs to stay healthy but has the talent to be a solid player for a long time.

I'd love any of those guys. I highly doubt Wilson will spend franchise player money on Briggs though. He'd really solidify the front seven.

Clark or Smith would be a huge upgrade. I'm not a big fan of the WR market; so in all likelyhood we're drafting a WR in round one, which I'd have zero problem with.

Asomugha is maybe the best young CB in the NFL right now

Dr. Lecter
12-22-2007, 09:29 AM
I would like LJ Smith, but he has had injuries the last couple of years.

Briggs would be great, but he will get way overpaid and I don't want him here at what he will cost. Ralph would be foolish to tie up that much cash into him.

Midwesternbillsfan
12-22-2007, 09:46 AM
I enjoy not seeing Corey Williams' name on that list. I think it's pretty transparent that the Bills don't feel they have all the DT's they need to round out this rotation. While it's true we didn't want to give him a lucrative extension and he was readily available in Philadelphia, we didn't ask for Darwin Walker in the Spikes & Holcomb trade for an arbitrary reason; we cannot be one-percent satisfied with the pass rush from our DT's (3 total sacks this year; 4 this season) and that problem is amplified when you consider that we're basically contractually locked in at DE w/Schobel, Kelsay, and Denney. Well, bringing in Corey Williams- capable against the run and 7 sacks in each of the last two seasons- would make us potentially competent at generating a pass rush... and getting off the field on third downs. Williams is still rising as a player and I'm sure most NFL GM's are already aware of him (or should be). But it's still nice to have him removed from a list such as this because in terms of young, quality, and difference-making players at need positions for the Bills... there aren't anywhere near 20 guys who Buffalo should covet more.

I also would take a flier on WR D.J. Hackett (6'2, 208) of the Seahawks... if Bryant Johnson doesn't wow anyone at OBD (besides his size, he really shouldn't). Hackett single-handedly made Darrell Jackson expendable in Seattle (okay, Jackson's hands had something to do with it), he has good size and very good speed, he's young (27 in July) and if you examine his production the last two seasons, you see a player who might be on the verge of breaking out... if he can just stay healthy; he missed his entire rookie season of '04 with a sprained hip flexor and he's missed nine games this year w/a high ankle sprain (which he hurt again when he returned to the field). Still, his production in '07 (28 receptions, 343 yards, 3 TD's in just over 4 games) tell the story on how good Hackett can be. Evans-Hackett could become a poor man's Harrison-Wayne, which is truly saying something.

Confused
12-22-2007, 10:13 AM
ll i want for christmas is Asante Samuel as our no.1 cb

Mahdi
12-22-2007, 11:00 AM
ll i want for christmas is Asante Samuel as our no.1 cb
I wouldn't want that at all.... we play cover 2 and CBs are less important than DEs, DTs and safeties.

Don't Panic
12-22-2007, 11:25 AM
Unless we're firing our DC, we don't need a top end CB.

Jan Reimers
12-22-2007, 11:39 AM
Give me Trufant, Crayton and L.J. Smith, and I'll be happy.

YardRat
12-22-2007, 11:43 AM
I don't see the FO addressing much on the defensive side of the ball this off-season. It would be nice if they took care of TE through FA, and WR through both FA and the draft, though.

djjimkelly
12-22-2007, 11:46 AM
I wouldn't want that at all.... we play cover 2 and CBs are less important than DEs, DTs and safeties.

trust me we have 1 year left in this scheme bring on any of the top 3 cbs

Ebenezer
12-22-2007, 11:51 AM
I'll take Dallas Clark

Scumbag College
12-22-2007, 11:51 AM
I don't think the Bills will be too active in FA this year...

They have 10 picks in the draft, four of them in the top 90. I think we can all agree that WR and TE (or TEs) are needs, which can be addressed in the first three rounds. I'd like to see more depth brought in at DE and DT, which too could be addressed in the early to mid rounds of the draft.

Briggs would be a dream come true, but I really don't see the FO spending the type of money this offseason that was spend on Dockery and Walker on Day 1 of FA in 2007. If the Bills go after any FAs this year, I think it's mid level guys whom can contribute but aren't stars. I would really love to see an experienced nickel back in here to help out on third downs or another OLB to compete with Ellison, whom has been one of the biggest disappointments on this team in 2007.

With all the young guys whom have stepped in and played well, they'll have alot of depth on this team in 2008. When guys like Simpson and Poz return to the starting lineup, I think the Bills can be considered "deep" with the experience DiGiorgio, Wilson, etc. gained this year playing in their spots.

MikeInRoch
12-22-2007, 11:58 AM
If character means anything, Briggs won't be a Bill.

Philagape
12-22-2007, 12:30 PM
Do everything possible to get Clark

circlethewagons
12-22-2007, 12:41 PM
If character means anything, Briggs won't be a Bill.

Anyone know if Jauron drafted Briggs? if so, i think theres at least a slim chance we go after him in free agency, if not i cant see our FO bypassing the character issues and paying him big time

mayotm
12-22-2007, 01:00 PM
trust me we have 1 year left in this scheme bring on any of the top 3 cbsCare to elaborate on why "we have 1 year left in this scheme"?

elltrain22
12-22-2007, 01:56 PM
Here's my realistic wish list:

DT- Corey Williams: young, won't be too pricy, no character concerns, and has incredible size at his position. Would be a great fit in our system

WR- DJ Hackett or Byant Johnson: I love Hackett's potential. Very good hands, good red zone target, and probably won't be too pricy. Bryant Johnson has great size, speed, hands, but don't like his lack of td's in the past few seasons. Might command a big price tag also.

TE- LJ Smith would be great but highly unlikely.

djjimkelly
12-22-2007, 02:59 PM
Care to elaborate on why "we have 1 year left in this scheme"?

im beating a dead horse but this coaching staff will be done after 2008 it should be this year but media thinks jauron has done a good job they apparently dont watch our games and his gametime decision and lack of adjustments in game.

new HC means new lots of stuff

Dr. Lecter
12-22-2007, 03:46 PM
im beating a dead horse but this coaching staff will be done after 2008 it should be this year but media thinks jauron has done a good job they apparently dont watch our games and his gametime decision and lack of adjustments in game.

new HC means new lots of stuff

This coaching staff has been excellent this year.

14 players on IR, a player nearly dying on the field and a QB controversy and the team is still at 500.

To think the coaches should be gone is insane.

Ebenezer
12-22-2007, 03:54 PM
This coaching staff has been excellent this year.

14 players on IR, a player nearly dying on the field and a QB controversy and the team is still at 500.

To think the coaches should be gone is insane.
there were a couple of decisions near the end of the Denver and Dallas games that could have altered the outcomes and got us into the playoffs.

Dr. Lecter
12-22-2007, 04:00 PM
there were a couple of decisions near the end of the Denver and Dallas games that could have altered the outcomes and got us into the playoffs.

Are you assuming that they would have been in the same position with a different coaching staff?

Night Train
12-22-2007, 04:15 PM
And don't forget the Baltimore game, with that pass from our own end zone late. We tried to give that one away and failed.

Night Train
12-22-2007, 04:18 PM
I doubt the bills will sign any of the top 20 mentioned but may be players for the types the MWBF mentioned.

more cowbell
12-22-2007, 04:24 PM
trust me we have 1 year left in this scheme bring on any of the top 3 cbs

lol

Philagape
12-22-2007, 04:37 PM
And don't forget the Baltimore game, with that pass from our own end zone late. We tried to give that one away and failed.

Not to mention a screen pass on 4th down in Cleveland

tampabay25690
12-22-2007, 04:38 PM
Unless we're firing our DC, we don't need a top end CB.

BRIAN KELLY would look great in a BILLS Uniform next year...

Turbo.GUN.Hawk!
12-22-2007, 05:48 PM
Our biggest needs IMO are:

1) WR
There is no much depth in this position so other than Crayton I would prefer the Bills to draft someone with the high picks.

2) TE
Again, there is no much depth. Other than Clarke or LG Smith I would prefer the Bills to draft someone with the high picks.

3) DT
If I was the GM I would give anything to get Haynesworth. He would make this defense so much better and he would have a big impact in Schobel's production.

4) OLB
Considering we have Pos, DiGiorgio, and Crowell I'm not looking for a big signing here. Someone that could play as a nickel along with Ellison.

5) CB
Not a big signing, someone decent.

6) QB
Someone expirienced I guess.

There are no much playmakers in the free agency and that sucks for the Bills. If we can't bring one of those then lets bring a big strong fast DT.

yordad
12-22-2007, 07:12 PM
I don't see the Bills signing any of those guys. :sorry:

YardRat
12-22-2007, 07:31 PM

Adequate play from the QB against Denver and Jacksonvulle...

Anybody stepping up to make a play against Cleveland...

Those three games could've been wins.

Couldn't ask any more from the defensive or special teams coaches or players against Dallas after the way those squads performed...The offensive side of the ball in the game is another story altogether.

The Jokeman
12-23-2007, 09:43 AM
BRIAN KELLY would look great in a BILLS Uniform next year...
Kelly's been injured the last few years and one has to wonder if father time is starting to set in now that is on the wrong side of 30. He might be worth taking a chance on. Though like a younger guy like Travis Fisher better.

djjimkelly
12-23-2007, 09:58 AM
Adequate play from the QB against Denver and Jacksonvulle...

Anybody stepping up to make a play against Cleveland...

Those three games could've been wins.

Couldn't ask any more from the defensive or special teams coaches or players against Dallas after the way those squads performed...The offensive side of the ball in the game is another story altogether.

50% completion % vs cleveland.

and how bout some real play calling vs the broncos. or some adequate qb play vs dallas

= more wins

djjimkelly
12-23-2007, 10:01 AM
lol

yeah its oretty funny we have no one to matchup on randy moss

and its also funny we let him run through our cogver 2 scheme and find the soft spots or leave him in matchups against the safeties when he goes deep

SO FUNNY HAHAHHAHAHHAHAHA