• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Jay Glazer's Top 20 Free Agents

Get NFL news, scores, stats, standings & more for your favorite teams and players -- plus watch highlights and live games! All on FoxSports.com.

nice to see no Bills on this list; unlike last year when Fletch and Clements were in the top 5.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • Goobylal
    • Jan 2004

Re: Jay Glazer's Top 20 Free Agents

Jay Glazer is a tool.

Comment

• patmoran2006
      Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
      • Dec 2005

7. Raiders CB Nnamdi Asomugha — Because of his talent, potential and position he moves up the list and resides in our top 10.

8. Bears LB Lance Briggs — The best LB on the open market. He's a perfect fit for a Tampa-Two defense but has the speed, athleticism and smarts to play in any system. Briggs is an explosive player, loved in the locker room and would provide an instant burst to any defense. Overall the linebackers in the open market are weak.

11. Colts TE Dallas Clark — A solid weapon in the Colts offense, Clark is not a conventional tight end, which means he doesn't fit every system. However, in the systems he does fit in, he can cause fits for defensive schemes. The ultimate cover-2 buster, he'd be a huge loss to the Colts if he bolted. The Eagles' L.J. Smith is the best of the rest on this list.

20. Eagles TE L.J. Smith — He's a young tight end who needs to stay healthy but has the talent to be a solid player for a long time.

I'd love any of those guys. I highly doubt Wilson will spend franchise player money on Briggs though. He'd really solidify the front seven.

Clark or Smith would be a huge upgrade. I'm not a big fan of the WR market; so in all likelyhood we're drafting a WR in round one, which I'd have zero problem with.

Asomugha is maybe the best young CB in the NFL right now

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
        Zero for Zero!
        • Mar 2003

I would like LJ Smith, but he has had injuries the last couple of years.

Briggs would be great, but he will get way overpaid and I don't want him here at what he will cost. Ralph would be foolish to tie up that much cash into him.
        Originally posted by mysticsoto
        Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Midwesternbillsfan
          • Apr 2007

I enjoy not seeing Corey Williams' name on that list. I think it's pretty transparent that the Bills don't feel they have all the DT's they need to round out this rotation. While it's true we didn't want to give him a lucrative extension and he was readily available in Philadelphia, we didn't ask for Darwin Walker in the Spikes & Holcomb trade for an arbitrary reason; we cannot be one-percent satisfied with the pass rush from our DT's (3 total sacks this year; 4 this season) and that problem is amplified when you consider that we're basically contractually locked in at DE w/Schobel, Kelsay, and Denney. Well, bringing in Corey Williams- capable against the run and 7 sacks in each of the last two seasons- would make us potentially competent at generating a pass rush... and getting off the field on third downs. Williams is still rising as a player and I'm sure most NFL GM's are already aware of him (or should be). But it's still nice to have him removed from a list such as this because in terms of young, quality, and difference-making players at need positions for the Bills... there aren't anywhere near 20 guys who Buffalo should covet more.

I also would take a flier on WR D.J. Hackett (6'2, 208) of the Seahawks... if Bryant Johnson doesn't wow anyone at OBD (besides his size, he really shouldn't). Hackett single-handedly made Darrell Jackson expendable in Seattle (okay, Jackson's hands had something to do with it), he has good size and very good speed, he's young (27 in July) and if you examine his production the last two seasons, you see a player who might be on the verge of breaking out... if he can just stay healthy; he missed his entire rookie season of '04 with a sprained hip flexor and he's missed nine games this year w/a high ankle sprain (which he hurt again when he returned to the field). Still, his production in '07 (28 receptions, 343 yards, 3 TD's in just over 4 games) tell the story on how good Hackett can be. Evans-Hackett could become a poor man's Harrison-Wayne, which is truly saying something.

Comment

• Confused
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Jun 2007

ll i want for christmas is Asante Samuel as our no.1 cb

Comment

• Mahdi
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by hoofhearted
              ll i want for christmas is Asante Samuel as our no.1 cb
              I wouldn't want that at all.... we play cover 2 and CBs are less important than DEs, DTs and safeties.

Comment

• Don't Panic
                All-Pro Zoner
                • Dec 2005

Unless we're firing our DC, we don't need a top end CB.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                  Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                  • May 2003

Give me Trufant, Crayton and L.J. Smith, and I'll be happy.
                  Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• YardRat
                    Well, lookie here...
                    • Dec 2004

I don't see the FO addressing much on the defensive side of the ball this off-season. It would be nice if they took care of TE through FA, and WR through both FA and the draft, though.
                    YardRat Wall of Fame
                    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• djjimkelly
                      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Mahdi
                      I wouldn't want that at all.... we play cover 2 and CBs are less important than DEs, DTs and safeties.

trust me we have 1 year left in this scheme bring on any of the top 3 cbs

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

I'll take Dallas Clark

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Scumbag College
                          • Oct 2002

I don't think the Bills will be too active in FA this year...

They have 10 picks in the draft, four of them in the top 90. I think we can all agree that WR and TE (or TEs) are needs, which can be addressed in the first three rounds. I'd like to see more depth brought in at DE and DT, which too could be addressed in the early to mid rounds of the draft.

Briggs would be a dream come true, but I really don't see the FO spending the type of money this offseason that was spend on Dockery and Walker on Day 1 of FA in 2007. If the Bills go after any FAs this year, I think it's mid level guys whom can contribute but aren't stars. I would really love to see an experienced nickel back in here to help out on third downs or another OLB to compete with Ellison, whom has been one of the biggest disappointments on this team in 2007.

With all the young guys whom have stepped in and played well, they'll have alot of depth on this team in 2008. When guys like Simpson and Poz return to the starting lineup, I think the Bills can be considered "deep" with the experience DiGiorgio, Wilson, etc. gained this year playing in their spots.
                          Remember Kevin Everett in your thoughts.

Vote Nader in 2008!

http://www.votenader.org/

Comment

• MikeInRoch
                            • Sep 2003

If character means anything, Briggs won't be a Bill.
                            "'Clean up your room.', 'Stand up straight.', 'Pick up your feet.', 'Take it like a man.', 'Be nice to your sister.', 'Don't mix beer and wine, ever.'. Oh yeah, 'Don't drive on the railroad track.'"

"Eh, Phil. That's one I happen to agree with."

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Do everything possible to get Clark
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X