PDA

View Full Version : Bryce Fisher

The_Philster
08-23-2002, 03:25 AM
``This is for survival in the league,'' Fisher said Thursday. ``It's just a matter of playing better because there's no excuses in our job. Just like there's no excuses in the military.

``I have to make plays this weekend.''

Fisher is one of a number of Bills players whose jobs are on the line as the team has until Tuesday to cut its roster by 10 to meet the NFL maximum of 65. And it didn't help Fisher's chances when Buffalo bolstered its defensive line by signing veteran free agents Chidi Ahanotu and Shawn Price this past week.

The additions led to the immediate departure of defensive end Erik Flowers, a former first-round draft pick, who has since signed with Houston.

from : Yahoo sports (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news/ap/20020823/ap-bills-fisher.html)

Me....I'd love to see the guy make it (former Air force guy myself) but I haven't seen him do much all preseason.

Novacane
08-24-2002, 08:46 AM
Another guy from the old regime. Does not look good for him. If it comes down to him or one of TD/GW's draft picks Fisher is a gonner.

WG
08-24-2002, 09:32 AM
Either way he's not gonna make an impact. He never made one and won't this year even if he makes the team.

Ahanotu won't do a whole lot either. His best years are long behind him.

Typ0
08-24-2002, 10:10 AM
I always though fischer could make an impact. He does need to step up though. If we cut him he will get signed right away by someone else.

The_Philster
08-24-2002, 11:03 AM
I think you're right, Typo. If he can't cut it here, teams would be nuts not to take a look at him. He would have made the team 2 years ago if not for his military commitment. He may be another John Parella-type case.

Dozerdog
08-24-2002, 11:09 AM
amazing how many guys, on what was a bottom 5 DL in the league, are getting picked up around the league.

HenryRules
08-24-2002, 12:07 PM
Dozer, I think the reason for that is that almost all of our DL are ok #3 or #4 DE/DTs, but we have very few that qualify as being a starter. Our DL is rather deep, but we have no top-level talent at all.
While I agree with Wys that Chidi's best days are behind him, I don't think he's going to be as bad as he's been made out to be. In the 4 games last year that Leonard Little played none or very little, Chidi managed to pick up 3 sacks. Those are the only times all year he was playing in passing downs. Am I saying that he's going to keep that pace up all year long and get 12 sacks now that he will most likely be playing third downs? No, but I do think that around 6 or 7 is in the cards, making him a nice counter to Schoebel who, if you count last season as more indicative than this preseason, could end up with close to 10 sacks.

colin
08-24-2002, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by Dozerdog
amazing how many guys, on what was a bottom 5 DL in the league, are getting picked up around the league.

You never know how someone is gonna fit into a different team. I think Chidi is gonna be a solid LDE, because we are gonna rush players from different positions and our young guys are gonna step up and try and earn a fat contract. All we need is for one of the Office, Roberts, Edwards to play well and Schoble to improve. Price and Chidi will be fine. We won't be the best front 7 by any means, but we are better at each position and in a bigger way as an overall D than last year.