PDA

View Full Version : why arent many clamoring for Bob Sanders?

X-Era
12-23-2007, 09:17 AM
In the Cover 2 system, the S's have the lions share of the coverage. I feel our biggest weakness in the secondary was at S after we lost Simpson. Whitner is solid as hell but how can we feel "safe" on the other half of the field?

Greer is very very solid if not an Asante Samuel in the making. McGee is up and down but is a solid corner.

Add a Bob Sanders in to the mix, a stud OLB, and another solid DT and our D is much much better.

This would be a great move for us. Safeties cost much less than CB's, it helps against the pass and the run. The guy is a proven stud in the Cover 2, hes an overachiever with a great character, hes young, and hes a great leader.

Why the hell not?

billsburgh
12-23-2007, 09:24 AM
Whitner and Sanders play the same position.

The Jokeman
12-23-2007, 09:24 AM
In the Cover 2 system, the S's have the lions share of the coverage. I feel our biggest weakness in the secondary was at S after we lost Simpson. Whitner is solid as hell but how can we feel "safe" on the other half of the field?

Greer is very very solid if not an Asante Samuel in the making. McGee is up and down but is a solid corner.

Add a Bob Sanders in to the mix, a stud OLB, and another solid DT and our D is much much better.

This would be a great move for us. Safeties cost much less than CB's, it helps against the pass and the run. The guy is a proven stud in the Cover 2, hes an overachiever with a great character, hes young, and hes a great leader.

Why the hell not?
The D while statistically bad hasn't played bad this season. Not to mention Sanders plays the same position as Donte Whitner, probably the best guy we have in the secondary right now and not really ia position in need of an upgrade. Toss in Sanders asking price might be too high it just doesn't add up we get him.

X-Era
12-23-2007, 09:28 AM
Whitner and Sanders play the same position.

Whitner has already shown the speed to play CB, he certainly can be moved to FS. Having a SS play FS helps the run, if your guy can also cover like a CB, your in great shape.

BidsJr
12-23-2007, 09:41 AM

Why the hell not?

Because the Colts are about as likely to let Manning go as they are Bob Sanders.

Confused
12-23-2007, 09:50 AM
it would be nice.

If we got sanders, then who will sign all the has beens, almost beens and never will be's? Cmon- we never sign proven talent. Its not the buffalo way.

BidsJr
12-23-2007, 09:54 AM
it would be nice.

If we got sanders, then who will sign all the has beens, almost beens and never will be's? Cmon- we never sign proven talent. Its not the buffalo way.

That's true I guess. Dockery was a has been.

Oh wait....

BidsJr
12-23-2007, 09:54 AM
it would be nice.

That's true I guess. Dockery was a has been.

Oh wait....

Confused
12-23-2007, 09:56 AM
dockery was/is overrated and we paid way too much for what we got. its either one extreme or another.

BidsJr
12-23-2007, 10:07 AM
dockery was/is overrated and we paid way too much for what we got. its either one extreme or another.

I think your assessment of talent is overrated.:oops:

Jan Reimers
12-23-2007, 10:14 AM
Unbelievable. We bring in a quality player like Dockery, and we've spent too much. We pass on overpaying a player like Sanders, where we have a number 1 draft pick playing well at the same position, and we're too cheap.

Jaybird
12-23-2007, 10:16 AM
if anything we sign one 0f the cb, not another saftey

BidsJr
12-23-2007, 10:19 AM
if anything we sign one 0f the cb, not another saftey

We run a cover 2.

We do not need a highly paid CB.

Why do people not understand this?

The Jokeman
12-23-2007, 10:26 AM
I'll admit Dockery's been better then I thought he'd be. In terms of value, let's compare him to the other free agent LGs who signed similar contracts this past off season.

D Dockery: 14 G 14 GS 4 Pen 24 Yds 3 False Start 1 Hold 1.00 Sack 9.00 Sackyds
K Dielman: 14 G 14 GS 2 Pen 15 Yds 1 False Start 1 Hold 0.50 Sack 4.50 Sackyds
E Steinbach:14 G 14 GS 3 Pen 15 Yds 2 False Start 0 Hold 3.25 Sack 41.25 Sackyds

*Dielman was named to the Pro Bowl as an alternate starter.

Bone
12-23-2007, 10:42 AM
If you think Bob Sanders is going to leace Indi then your crazy, Colts FO will not allow that to happen.

Confused
12-23-2007, 10:48 AM
AsanteSamuel. Screw the cover two. The rate we are going, we wont have a cover 2 for much longer. The new england game was a perfect example of why the cover two is a horrible defensive scheme.

YALL HEAR ME???? F*** THE Cover2!!!!!!!!!

BidsJr
12-23-2007, 10:50 AM
AsanteSamuel. Screw the cover two. The rate we are going, we wont have a cover 2 for much longer. The new england game was a perfect example of why the cover two is a horrible defensive scheme.

YALL HEAR ME???? F*** THE Cover2!!!!!!!!!

Colts have won what 2 out of the last 3 in Foxboro?

What scheme do they run?

Asante Samual 8 years 80 million?

Are you nucking futs?

YardRat
12-23-2007, 11:10 AM
I don't see the FO throwing much money to the defensive side of the ball during FA this off season. With the players we have coming back from injury, the replacements that got PT and played well, and considering how they've performed for most of the year in the T2 scheme I would think we're pretty well set from a personnel standpoint.

Look on the offensive side again this off season, but instead of concentrating on the line go after a couple of skill positions.