PDA

View Full Version : **** Donte ****ing Whitner

OpIv37
12-23-2007, 01:43 PM
He singlehandedly let the Giants back into this game with the penalty and the missed tackle on Jacobs. Then he gives up two passes to Toomer. On one of them he DIDN'T EVEN MAKE CONTACT. He paused and put his hand on his hips then finally "Oh, right, I have to make contact".

This guy made ONE big play all season- against Miami- and has sucked the rest of the year. He couldn't keep up with Winslow last week (the only thing that saved his ass was that the weather kept Anderson from getting the ball), He missed McGahee on a play that lead to a TD and the longest run of McGahee's career, and now this.

Great way to use a #8 pick, Marv.

Novacane
12-23-2007, 01:46 PM
Whitner was not on of Marvs better moves, that for sure

Tatonka
12-23-2007, 02:18 PM
crying like a ***** is a good trait.

Don't Panic
12-23-2007, 03:06 PM
It is impossible to justify Whitner with the #8 pick at this point. He single handedly gave them 7 points when we were about to have possession, and that kept them in the game long enough to deliver the knockout punch. He'll get better and we should stick with him, but he hurt this football team today.

Lexwhat
12-23-2007, 03:08 PM
I think Brian Moorman should've punted that ball away early in the game. He had time.

Don't Panic
12-23-2007, 03:11 PM
I think Brian Moorman should've punted that ball away early in the game. He had time.

Agreed... but for all the good he has done, he's allowed one mistake.

Lexwhat
12-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Agreed... but for all the good he has done, he's allowed one mistake.

Brian Moorman has been struggling lately...

We can point a lot of fingers in this game, but that play really killed our momentum.

Either way, we were outplayed and didn't deserve to win.

TacklingDummy
12-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Whitner was the wrong pick at the time.

The Bills needed to draft someone on the line who could help stop the run.

And wouldn't ya know they still do.

OpIv37
12-23-2007, 03:17 PM
crying like a ***** is a good trait.

mocking and insulting people instead of talking about football is a good trait.

Like it or not, this board is for discussing the Bills and that includes the guys who aren't performing as well as the guys that are. If you want a message board where people only discuss positives pre-approved by you, go start your own.

Don't Panic
12-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Whitner killed us today, but he will be fine once he put some pieces around him that can play at a higher level.

djjimkelly
12-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Whitner was not on of Marvs better moves, that for sure

no trent was lol a weak armed qb in buffalo go figure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SpillerThrills
12-23-2007, 03:54 PM

a weak arm who was throwing the ball so hard that the recievers couldn't hang onto the ball......:oops:

mybills
12-23-2007, 04:01 PM
He singlehandedly let the Giants back into this game with the penalty and the missed tackle on Jacobs. Then he gives up two passes to Toomer. On one of them he DIDN'T EVEN MAKE CONTACT. He paused and put his hand on his hips then finally "Oh, right, I have to make contact".

This guy made ONE big play all season- against Miami- and has sucked the rest of the year. He couldn't keep up with Winslow last week (the only thing that saved his ass was that the weather kept Anderson from getting the ball), He missed McGahee on a play that lead to a TD and the longest run of McGahee's career, and now this.

:rofl: You are the FIRST PERSON I thought of while watching his f ups!

Historian
12-23-2007, 04:07 PM
I think Whitner stinks too.

Watch him tackle.

All he does is throw a shoulder check.

RBs and TEs at this level will eat you alive when you try that crap.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 04:09 PM
Whitner had a horrible day but the problem is Kyle Williams position. It needs to be upgraded bigtime.

Novacane
12-23-2007, 04:10 PM

you are an obsessed :loser:

historypete
12-23-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm not as down on Whitner as OP is. I think he is solid and has played well all year. Today, though, he was horrible, that can't be argued.

As for being picked 8th overall, that still drives me nuts because he would have been there at 14 with Denver's pick. Maybe a missed opportunity to further improve this team.

YardRat
12-23-2007, 04:18 PM
That was two years ago...Too late to do anything about it now. He's better than some, not as good as others, and he makes the occassional mistake. What player doesn't?

Next subject...

LtFinFan66
12-23-2007, 04:18 PM

Great way to use a #8 pick, Marv.How about Moormans screw-up. That was the big momentum changer

historypete
12-23-2007, 04:21 PM

How come something about Edwards must be said in every thread, even ones completely unrelated to him? I know your response will be, it is about the draft, but honestly any time you can throw a dig at the kid you will. I understand your disappointment that JP was benched, but why must you rail on a rookie QB who has actually shown some promise?

LtBillsFan66
12-23-2007, 04:34 PM
Can Whitner play free safety? We need one of them too.

djjimkelly
12-23-2007, 04:52 PM
How come something about Edwards must be said in every thread, even ones completely unrelated to him? I know your response will be, it is about the draft, but honestly any time you can throw a dig at the kid you will. I understand your disappointment that JP was benched, but why must you rail on a rookie QB who has actually shown some promise?

once i stop reading posts like yours where u say hes shown promise no he hasnt lets get real

Mr. Pink
12-23-2007, 04:55 PM
I liked Whitner in college, thought he was a good player, I even made posts about it when people asked "why whitner at 8th overall?"

Hell, I pretty much justified the pick at the time.

I gotta say something now...I was flatout wrong. I apologize.

historypete
12-23-2007, 04:57 PM
once i stop reading posts like yours where u say hes shown promise no he hasnt lets get real

I honestly think your so pissed that JP had the job taken away from him, that you are unwilling to give Edwards any credit whatsoever.

Don't forget I wanted JP to succeed. I'm sick of the QB circus here, but he didn't. Now whether he was jereked around or not doesn't matter. What matters is Edwards is the QB. Any rational observer can see has shown promise. Am I ready to annoit him the next franchise QB, not a chance, but I think he has a good foundation to build upon. I just think you want him to fail, because then you can say I told you so like others did with JP when he was struggling.

Cntrygal
12-23-2007, 05:00 PM
I disagree that Whitner or any other SINGLE player handed over this game.

Did the offense go into flippin' shock that THEY actually managed to get into the endzone TWICE - in the 1st quarter no less?!?!?! They were probably waiting for the ST's and D to match their score to secure a win.

Oaf
12-23-2007, 05:05 PM
I'm not as down on Whitner as OP is. I think he is solid and has played well all year. Today, though, he was horrible, that can't be argued.

When? When's the time he's made a game changing play? I remember him making a big stop against Denver and, yep, that's about it.

He's been invisible or he's been garbage. And boy, did he suck ass today. Not going to ***** about drafting him, but he's been as big of a whole as Leonard has been lately.

historypete
12-23-2007, 05:16 PM
When? When's the time he's made a game changing play? I remember him making a big stop against Denver and, yep, that's about it.

He's been invisible or he's been garbage. And boy, did he suck ass today. Not going to ***** about drafting him, but he's been as big of a whole as Leonard has been lately.

Whitner has been solid in coverage and run support for most of the year. He was torched in the NE games, but who wasn't? I'll admit he hasn't gotten any INT's except for that one against Miami, but he's made plays this year. Do I think he is great? No. Do I think he can be very good? Yes.

patmoran2006
12-23-2007, 06:24 PM
Donte Whitner has been a dime a dozen starting safety in this league two years running now.

It is what it is. It's hard to get it right on every pick, but when you pick in the top 8 and you want to have a contending team, especially in a LOW BUDGET market; you can't afford to get it wrong.

We've had two top 8 picks in 5 years, and as of now, it looks like we've went 0 for 2.

djjimkelly
12-23-2007, 06:27 PM
you are an obsessed :loser:

i think your obsessed with playing the inferior players sort of like dick

explain why mccargo doesnt start

then u can justify why we are being force fed trent

Carlton Bailey
12-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Whitner is a pretty decent player; the problem is, when you're picking 8th overall, you're looking for elite. He's not right now and probably never will be. Whitner is not a playmaker, and he's iffy at best in coverage.

Billzz
12-23-2007, 07:41 PM

I dunno a little harsh I think. That call could of gone either way but was called so moot point at this time. A little overzealous but he was trying to make a play and is a playmaker just lacking on experience. His game against Winslow was just fine from what I watched, you are talking about a real deal TE with lots of talent. Lots of people had problems covering him this year.

Regardless you cannot give up 2 100 yard rushers and expect to win in this game. We all seen it coming when Manning threw 3 pass's in the second half and 2 where intercepted. The D was tired and honestly just didn't have the energy to provide the run support they always do in the beginning of games. Ever notice how we always hold people to low #'s in the first half then has the game goes on and the offense does not have sustained drives they get tore up and wore down?

njsue
12-23-2007, 07:51 PM
[QUOTE=Lexwhat]Brian Moorman has been struggling lately...

Moorman struggled because of the weather.

LtFinFan66
12-23-2007, 09:10 PM
[quote=Lexwhat]Brian Moorman has been struggling lately...

Moorman struggled because of the weather.all year?

Bling
12-23-2007, 11:28 PM
mocking and insulting people instead of talking about football is a good trait.

Like it or not, this board is for discussing the Bills and that includes the guys who aren't performing as well as the guys that are. If you want a message board where people only discuss positives pre-approved by you, go start your own.

:clap:

BillsFever21
12-24-2007, 02:20 AM
Whitner has been a bust to this point in his career. I hated the pick back then and I still do. Marv really screwed up that pick. You either trade down with Denver and still get Whitner or you take Ngata. That is who I wanted and who we needed. It would sure be nice to have him right now.

Whitner is not a playmaker and is nothing more then an average SS. If you are going to take a SS #8 then he damn well better be a playmaker and elite.