PDA

View Full Version : Typical Jauron

OpIv37
12-23-2007, 01:46 PM
We were ready for the Giants, we were not prepared for the weather.

Let me say that again for emphasis: for the SECOND week in a row, the team from BUFFALO is less prepared for bad weather than their opponent.

And of course, the Giants adjusted and we didn't- after the first, we kept doing the same thing over and over and over.... the Giants changed their tactics and got back into the game. Pathetic.

Oh, and not taking a shot down the field with :02 left is about the most gutless thing I've ever seen. It basically says "I'm not sure we can run one play without giving up a touchdown while we're on offense." **** that- Fairchild can't leave soon enough.

hydro
12-23-2007, 01:48 PM
Seem odd that we scored all of our points in the first and they scored all of theres in the second. Couldn't be the wind though...

Owen DeBoard
12-23-2007, 01:50 PM
We were ready for the Giants, we were not prepared for the weather.

Let me say that again for emphasis: for the SECOND week in a row, the team from BUFFALO is less prepared for bad weather than their opponent.

And of course, the Giants adjusted and we didn't- after the first, we kept doing the same thing over and over and over.... the Giants changed their tactics and got back into the game. Pathetic.

Oh, and not taking a shot down the field with :02 left is about the most gutless thing I've ever seen. It basically says "I'm not sure we can run one play without giving up a touchdown while we're on offense." **** that- Fairchild can't leave soon enough.
Take Perry Fewells ****ty cover 2 with him.

OpIv37
12-23-2007, 02:03 PM
Seem odd that we scored all of our points in the first and they scored all of theres in the second. Couldn't be the wind though...

:rolleyes:

Let's just use weather as an excuse.

We play most of our games in the Northeast, in bad weather. If we can't play in the wind, we can't play period. It's not a legitimate excuse.

Nighthawk
12-23-2007, 02:18 PM
OP, it's a given we see terrible coaching everyweek, but people seem to give this staff a pass. The excuses for the bad coaching are killing me.

chernobylwraiths
12-23-2007, 02:51 PM
From our own 30 with our franchise LT out of the game? I have no problem with the call. Now giving the Giants the ball with the wind in the fourth? That is just damned stupid.

Nighthawk
12-23-2007, 02:58 PM
Well, 0 for a million against winning team for Dickey. All I want for Christmas is for this guy to get fired.

chernobylwraiths
12-23-2007, 03:06 PM
Well, 0 for a million against winning team for Dickey. All I want for Christmas is for this guy to get fired.

Mark my words, he gets an extension in the offseason.

YardRat
12-23-2007, 03:07 PM

Every point was scored in one end zone. But weather is a non-factor.

Nighthawk
12-23-2007, 03:08 PM
Mark my words, he gets an extension in the offseason.

That would be a typical Bills organization move. He's a loser and always will be a loser. WAKE UP BILLS ORGANIZATION!

OpIv37
12-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Every point was scored in one end zone. But weather is a non-factor.

it was the weather last week, it's the weather this week.....

Oh, the weather didn't seem to affect the Giants.

Even if it was the weather, they were going with the wind for the same amount of time that we were. And they did a much better job of taking advantage of it.

So, to blame the weather when they did much better in the same conditions is just absurd and illogical.

chernobylwraiths
12-23-2007, 03:25 PM
it was the weather last week, it's the weather this week.....

Even if it was the weather, they were going with the wind for the same amount of time that we were. And they did a much better job of taking advantage of it.

So, to blame the weather when they did much better in the same conditions is just absurd and illogical.

Could they possibly have a better team with better personel?

OpIv37
12-23-2007, 03:28 PM
Could they possibly have a better team with better personel?

They probably do.

And why exactly is that situation acceptable?

Are they so much better than us that we can't take advantage of a 14 point lead? What's the excuse for that? This Giants squad has been up and down all season and we can't even hold them off for 3 quarters with a 14 point lead at home.

Their personnel isn't THAT much better.

djjimkelly
12-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Take Perry Fewells ****ty cover 2 with him.

more memebers to my thought process but **** im not on board with trent so i must not understand football LOL

YardRat
12-23-2007, 03:32 PM

Really? How many points did they score in the west end zone today?

I will say this though...The biggest drive in the game was by the Giants, in the third quarter, when they ate up eight minutes on the ground and took that advantage away from Buffalo. They didn't score, but it was the key to the game IMO.

OpIv37
12-23-2007, 03:33 PM
more memebers to my thought process but **** im not on board with trent so i must not understand football LOL

You obviously don't understand football.

The Bears and Colts got to the SB with the Cover 2, and the Colts even won the SB with it.

Nevermind that they have different personnel, that they play different teams in different conditions, that their personnel is far superior to ours, that the Colts had the worst run D in the league last year, etc. If they got to the SB with it, it MUST be the right D for us.

And anyone who doesn't think so doesn't understand football.

OpIv37
12-23-2007, 03:34 PM
Really? How many points did they score in the west end zone today?

I will say this though...The biggest drive in the game was by the Giants, in the third quarter, when they ate up eight minutes on the ground and took that advantage away from Buffalo. They didn't score, but it was the key to the game IMO.

We had as much time facing that endzone as they did. Therefore, the weather was not a factor- or, more accurately, it was an equal factor for both teams. The final score is proof enough that they handled it better than we did. Also, they scored during the worst weather of the entire game.

chernobylwraiths
12-23-2007, 03:39 PM
They probably do.

And why exactly is that situation acceptable?

Are they so much better than us that we can't take advantage of a 14 point lead? What's the excuse for that? This Giants squad has been up and down all season and we can't even hold them off for 3 quarters with a 14 point lead at home.

Their personnel isn't THAT much better.

Ko Simpson, Paul Posluzny, Ryan Denney, Jason Peters, Anthony Thomas, plus a bunch of reserves. These are players who played a lot in key situations or at least to keep some starters more fresh without a huge dropoff. Add to that poor play against the run, poor coaching, dropped passes, bad penalties, etc. You won't win too many games.

You know, for a smart guy, you make some really dumb comments. Because many people don't feel the need to ***** about everything doesn't make it an acceptable situation. Do you really think you are the only person that feels anguish or gets pissed when we lose or make a bad play? Some of us look for any nugget to help us feel like we could turn a corner in the next season. I love how Marshawn plays and am willing to give Edwards a lot of slack. But I really don't like our coaches, nor how our defense seems to get blown off the ball against power rushing teams.

Owen DeBoard
12-23-2007, 03:42 PM
You obviously don't understand football.

The Bears and Colts got to the SB with the Cover 2, and the Colts even won the SB with it.

Nevermind that they have different personnel, that they play different teams in different conditions, that their personnel is far superior to ours, that the Colts had the worst run D in the league last year, etc. If they got to the SB with it, it MUST be the right D for us.

And anyone who doesn't think so doesn't understand football.

Last time I checked the Colts had Peyton Manning throwing the football. Thats why they got to the super bowl. The bears had a good d but their special teams was very good last year. How about the bears d this year? Looks comparible to ours.

YardRat
12-23-2007, 03:44 PM
We had as much time facing that endzone as they did. Therefore, the weather was not a factor- or, more accurately, it was an equal factor for both teams. The final score is proof enough that they handled it better than we did. Also, they scored during the worst weather of the entire game.

Would that be a reflection on the performance of the head coach, or the level of talent on the field?

That's my point.

'Typical Jauron' my ass.

I'm pretty sure Jauron didn't plan on having his veteran QB play like a two-year old with a ****ty diaper. Or losing 15 guys to the IR. Or a TE to a life-threatening injury. Or going into December with a rookie QB, a rookie RB with no veteran back-up, slot receivers lining up at the #2 spot, third-stringers at safety and corner, etc, etc.

hydro
12-23-2007, 04:40 PM

Let's just use weather as an excuse.

We play most of our games in the Northeast, in bad weather. If we can't play in the wind, we can't play period. It's not a legitimate excuse.
But it is for the Giants? They also showed that they couldn't play toward the west endzone. Weather is an excuse! Its like saying the power going out at your job shouldn't stop you from getting work done. Its obviously a factor.

scott51
12-23-2007, 04:59 PM
What happened to the weather being the 13th man? Snow, rain, and wind used to be prayed for by Kelly & Co. and when the prayers were answered, look out cuz they were gonna light it up! This team was completely unprepared this week. I don't always agree with OP but I think he nailed it on the head with this one! Jauron should have had them practicing outdoors everyday. Even Fassell talked last week on ESPN First Take that the best way to prepare QB's, RB's, & WR's is to freeze the balls the night before and get them rock hard. After today, I am on board with Dick Jauron being fired. I had been on the fence but today did it for me.
Also, not going for it with :02 left PISSED me off so bad! Trent has shown he can throw the ball deep so let him do it!

Oaf
12-23-2007, 05:14 PM
Eli was our 13th man and we STILL lost. :mad: