PDA

View Full Version : Scripted Plays!

jamze132
12-23-2007, 01:51 PM
So we started out great today and we saw what Edwards can do when he is forced to improvise. But after the scripted plays from the first drive end, we see the true Steve Fairchild and nothing has changed in two years. The guys blows and why can't he leave for Colorado before the 3rd qtr starts???

YardRat
12-23-2007, 03:05 PM
Fairchild scripts the first plays of the game?

I didn't know that.

Mahdi
12-23-2007, 03:47 PM
So we started out great today and we saw what Edwards can do when he is forced to improvise. But after the scripted plays from the first drive end, we see the true Steve Fairchild and nothing has changed in two years. The guys blows and why can't he leave for Colorado before the 3rd qtr starts???
This is actually a very good point.... our scripted plays work because we work on them a lot in practice and then come game time it pays off. However the problem is when we get past those plays we dont have the talent to continue making plays. Reed and Parrish are simply not #2wrs and Royal and Gaines will never scare anyone. We have no identity as an offense because were not talented enough to have one. Our identity is to run plays that suit our players and once defenses catch on we dont have the players to do anything else.

jamze132
12-23-2007, 03:54 PM
This is actually a very good point.... our scripted plays work because we work on them a lot in practice and then come game time it pays off. However the problem is when we get past those plays we dont have the talent to continue making plays. Reed and Parrish are simply not #2wrs and Royal and Gaines will never scare anyone. We have no identity as an offense because were not talented enough to have one. Our identity is to run plays that suit our players and once defenses catch on we dont have the players to do anything else.
I couldn't have said it better myself. Again, we need a legitimate #2 WR and a TE!

jamze132
12-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Fairchild scripts the first plays of the game?

I didn't know that.
Well then who does?