PDA

View Full Version : In the BIG picture...

Don't Panic
12-23-2007, 03:10 PM
... its probably better that we lost this game. The last thing the FO/coaching staff needed going into the offseason was a false sense of hope and ability. That would have justified a status quo approach to FA. Hopefully this will be a reminder that we still need quite a bit of help... Lance Briggs for one better get a phone call. Someone needs to be able to finish plays, and I'm not banking on Poz to be able to cover the whole field. We also need someone who can catch a ball consistently... cause the cast of charatcers out there today sure didn't. It would also be nice to be able to run between the tackles for more than 1 yard every now and then.

Not knocking a good season... we made a lot of strides this year against tough odds and should be comended for that. However, there is much work to be done if we plan on contending for a Super Bowl soon.

TheBrownBear
12-23-2007, 03:13 PM
Exactly...we are moving in the right direction but there is still a long way to go to catch up with the true contenders in the NFL.

Nighthawk
12-23-2007, 03:17 PM
This team is going nowhere with Dickey as HC. Sorry, but that's a fact.

Don't Panic
12-23-2007, 03:23 PM

I'm not going to argue it, but I think we can get it done with him as the HC. There needs to be personnel improvements either way... I don't care who is coaching the team, we need a few more players to take it to another level.

X-Era
12-23-2007, 03:44 PM

If you mean at present, that is a fact. If you mean for good, that is an opinion... That I happen to not agree with.

How did we play a meaningful game in December after losing 4 starters on IR, and starting a rookie QB and RB?

Trent has a better rookie record than Aikman and Peyton did.