PDA

View Full Version : Man our recievers and run d cost us the game

83evans
12-23-2007, 03:12 PM
Evans drops a pass, intercepted, RB TD. Josh reed no play on ball, int, TD. Run D couldnt stop them. ****

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 03:14 PM
Evans drops a pass, intercepted, RB TD. Josh reed no play on ball, int, TD. Run D couldnt stop them. ****
Everyone lost us the game. Complete team meltdown.

TheBrownBear
12-23-2007, 03:14 PM
The Evans deflection INT was the big play. He grabs that one and maybe we hold on. We'll never know now.

FatalShot
12-23-2007, 03:16 PM
We suck...deal with it!

Don't Panic
12-23-2007, 03:16 PM
Everyone lost us the game. Complete team meltdown.

I don't know... I think he's got it pretty dead on... Run D and WR/TEs. Losing Peters sure didn't help either, but they were getting 8 yards a run (which should NEVER happen) and there were about 6 or 7 drops that would have kept drives going. Not to mention watching Robert Royal trying to make a tackle on the last INT return.... my patience has completely worn through with him.

TacklingDummy
12-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Moorman, Whitner, and Edwards had helping hands in the loss.

TacklingDummy
Moorman, Whitner, and Edwards had helping hands in the loss.

justasportsfan
I don't know... I think he's got it pretty dead on... Run D and WR/TEs. Losing Peters sure didn't help either, but they were getting 8 yards a run (which should NEVER happen) and there were about 6 or 7 drops that would have kept drives going. Not to mention watching Robert Royal trying to make a tackle on the last INT return.... my patience has completely worn through with him.
Entire O including the qb had his faults. D gave up a ton of yards. St screwed up. Complete team meltdown.

YardRat
12-23-2007, 03:20 PM
Great first quarter, sucked the rest of the way.

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2007, 03:22 PM
Entire O including the qb had his faults. D gave up a ton of yards. St screwed up. Complete team meltdown.

Agreed. The D gave up huge chunks, BUT came up with some big stops and turn overs, only to have the O go 3 and out due to ultra-conservitavism.

The ST sucked today. Whitner's penalty was inexcusable, and the bad snap cost Buffalo another 7.

Don't Panic
12-23-2007, 03:25 PM
I'm not putting this one on Edwards... he was far from perfect but should have had at least 5 more completions. His worse pass was dropped by a Giant defender. Every other one (excluding when he was running from 3 Giants) was within 5 feet of the WR.

HHURRICANE
12-23-2007, 03:25 PM
There is no excuse for the run D.

The fact that no points were scored by either team against the wind should tell you something. With that said the drop today were inexcusable. Evans is a #2 receiver.

Don't Panic
12-23-2007, 03:26 PM
Evans is a #2 receiver.
Had that same thought a couple of times today... he is Peerless Price in Bledsoe's first year, and he needs a great compliment on the other side of the field to be really effective.

chernobylwraiths
12-23-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm not putting this one on Edwards... he was far from perfect but should have had at least 5 more completions. His worse pass was dropped by a Giant defender. Every other one (excluding when he was running from 3 Giants) was within 5 feet of the WR.

You mean the one that Parrish bailed out on the route?

chernobylwraiths
12-23-2007, 03:29 PM
Had that same thought a couple of times today... he is Peerless Price in Bledsoe's first year, and he needs a great compliment on the other side of the field to be really effective.

He needs SOME compliment on the opposite side. As it is, there isn't ONE other receiver on this team that can consistantly catch the ball. Someone over 6' would be nice too.

Owen DeBoard
12-23-2007, 03:35 PM
There is no excuse for the run D.

The fact that no points were scored by either team against the wind should tell you something. With that said the drop today were inexcusable. Evans is a #2 receiver.
Evans is a # 2 receiver. He caught a TD pass today. It was a good catch also. This guy catches passes most wide receivers dont. Donts put blame on him without putting blame on the qb too. Maybe Evans is used to playing with JP more than Edwards.

Don't Panic
12-23-2007, 03:54 PM
You mean the one that Parrish bailed out on the route?

I believe that was the one, and if it was, then you can't even blame him for that either.

Oaf
12-23-2007, 04:55 PM
Our MVP this game was Manning. :ill:

If we would have just made him throw more..

HHURRICANE
12-23-2007, 05:02 PM
<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class="yspdetailttl first" align=left height=18>NY Giants</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=first align=left> E. Manning</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>111</TD><TD>46.7</TD><TD>7.4</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This is the second week in a row that the opposing QB was every bit as bad.

I'm disppointed that it wasn't a better day for Mr. Edwards and the numbers are not good but I think the weather was again a major factor.

With that said the team with better talent obviously wins the game. Second week in a row that smoke and mirrors don't work.

DynaPaul
12-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Eli sucks, that guy is truly a bust. Even Giants fans around here in the Albany area are saying the guy is a dud.

SquishDaFish
12-23-2007, 06:59 PM
The WHOLE team sucked except a very few...McCargo,Ellison,Lynch, Both OT. Thats it period. Everyone else sucked.

YardRat
12-23-2007, 07:05 PM
<TABLE class=yspwhitebg cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=ysptblthbody1 align=right><TD class="yspdetailttl first" align=left height=18>NY Giants</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Comp</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Att</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Yds</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Pct</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Y/A</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Sack</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>YdsL</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>TD</TD><TD class=yspdetailttl>Int </TD></TR><TR class=ysprow1 align=right><TD class=first align=left>E. Manning</TD><TD>7</TD><TD>15</TD><TD>111</TD><TD>46.7</TD><TD>7.4</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

This is the second week in a row that the opposing QB was every bit as bad.

I'm disppointed that it wasn't a better day for Mr. Edwards and the numbers are not good but I think the weather was again a major factor.

With that said the team with better talent obviously wins the game. Second week in a row that smoke and mirrors don't work.

The QB position has been negated the last two weeks by the weather.

For the second week in a row, the same things killed this team in poor conditions.

Last week it was Lewis. Today - Jacobs (and Bradshaw).

Last week Edwards and Jurevicious made plays while our WR's dropped balls. This week - Toomer made plays, and we dropped balls.

Last week the special teams were outplayed by Cleveland's unit. This week they handed NY points again.

Different week, similar weather, same result with the same contributing factors.

TigerJ
12-23-2007, 07:36 PM
I agree that the worst facets of the game for Buffalo were the receivers and the run defense. I think also the Bills lack mental toughness. The Giants seemed to have that. I don't want to make too much of that. I think mental toughness comes at least partly from maturity. The Bills are the youngest team in the league. It's too late this year to add maturity, and it may be that next year the younger Bills players will have had enough experience to start developing some toughness. They certainly have gotten some experience with bad weather conditions these last two weeks. I'm still convinced that the thing this team needs the most is some continuity.

njsue
12-23-2007, 07:44 PM
The bills offense started to tank when Peters left the game.

Plus the WR's should have caught those darn balls. Just pathetic!

TigerJ
12-23-2007, 09:25 PM
The bills offense started to tank when Peters left the game.

Plus the WR's should have caught those darn balls. Just pathetic!

I agree. Kirk Chambers was worthless, and when the pressure started getting to Edwards, it was like the whole team just folded. That's what I mean about mental toughness.

Owen DeBoard
12-23-2007, 10:16 PM
The WHOLE team sucked except a very few...McCargo,Ellison,Lynch, Both OT. Thats it period. Everyone else sucked.
Give Aaron Schobel some credit too. He had a sack a forced fumble and a fumble recovery.