PDA

View Full Version : The two bad games Trent has had...

BuffaloBrave
12-23-2007, 03:15 PM
Have both been in bad weather conditions.

Not a good sign....

Nighthawk
12-23-2007, 03:17 PM
Agreed.

chernobylwraiths
12-23-2007, 03:21 PM

Not a good sign....

He was doing well until he lost his left tackle. Someone needs to teach the RBs how to block a blitzing LB too. Maybe Anthony Thomas wasn't as useless as everybody thinks. Hey, he didn't have a great game, but when you got guys dropping balls again, running the wrong routes and not blocking blitzing LBs, you aren't going to look good. He's a rookie. Maybe an offseason here and watching a bunch of film will help him acclimate him to our weather.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 03:23 PM
He was doing well until he lost his left tackle. Someone needs to teach the RBs how to block a blitzing LB too. Maybe Anthony Thomas wasn't as useless as everybody thinks. Hey, he didn't have a great game, but when you got guys dropping balls again, running the wrong routes and not blocking blitzing LBs, you aren't going to look good. He's a rookie. Maybe an offseason here and watching a bunch of film will help him acclimate him to our weather.

Yup, nothing different from the last few years whether it's JP or Trent. Only difference is that Trents passes look horrible in bad weather condidtions.

Novacane
It's definately a concern.

Philagape
I'd rather have a QB who plays worse in bad weather than one who has an arm for the weather but is worse the rest of the season. Most games aren't in winter weather. Not every team can have Kelly or Favre (who sucked today too -- 0 TD, 2 INT, 7 points on a long run by the RB)

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2007, 03:24 PM
The fist pick for a TD is on Evans. The second, while maybe not completely on Reed, he still got his hands on it.

As for Trent in bad weather, he played well the first quarter, then it's like the team switched O.C's. You get a QB in a rhythm, then you run, run and it's 3rd and 14. Stupid.

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2007, 03:25 PM
Yup, nothing different from the last few years whether it's JP or Trent. Only difference is that Trents passes look horrible in bad weather condidtions.

:rofl: Trent had some bad throws, but to say they look horrible? Gimme a break.

Novacane
12-23-2007, 03:25 PM
One thing he needs to do is get rid of the gloves

mybills
12-23-2007, 03:26 PM
9/26...terrible! :shakeno:

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2007, 03:26 PM

Wasn't wearing today, I don't think.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 03:27 PM
:rofl: Trent had some bad throws, but to say they look horrible? Gimme a break.
they flutter. Compared to JP's they are horrible in this kind of weather. I'm not completely blaming todays problems in passing game on Trent, but he's had his problems.

djjimkelly
I'd rather have a QB who plays worse in bad weather than one who has an arm for the weather but is worse the rest of the season. Most games aren't in winter weather. Not every team can have Kelly or Favre (who sucked today too -- 0 TD, 2 INT, 7 points on a long run by the RB)

how about neither of them coaches made their move on JP already

now its time they send the next message in draft or FA

Nighthawk

Agreed...he throws the ball like s**t with the gloves on.

Forward_Lateral

Should've been at least 14-26, maybe more.

djjimkelly
12-23-2007, 03:28 PM

uh oh 3 weeks in a row under 50%

its a trend no its trent!!!!

YardRat
Good experience for Trent, and I'd rather see the bad games in this typw weather come in his rookie season as opposed to three or four years down the road.

Forward_Lateral
they flutter. Compared to JP's they are horrible in this kind of weather. I'm not completely blaming todays problems in passing game on Trent, but he's had his problems.

What game were you watching? Most of his passes were not fluttering. Eli's fluttered, not Trent's.

Owen DeBoard
I do believe Mikey pointed that out about getting rid of the gloves and he got blasted for it.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 03:30 PM
What game were you watching? Most of his passes were not fluttering. Eli's fluttered, not Trent's.

flutter, sail same crap. Whatever you call it, it still looks bad compared to JP. Thread is dead on, not a good sign.

Luisito23
You get a QB in a rhythm, then you run, run and it's 3rd and 14. Stupid.

Typical Fairchild...He's a straight loser, and has cost us many games with his idiotic playcalls...Get the **** out of Buffalo already...

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!

Nighthawk
uh oh 3 weeks in a row under 50%

its a trend no its trent!!!!

The reason that your arguments don't hold any water is that fact that Trent is a rookie and JP's been in the league for 5 years. Sorry, but it makes your arguments look stupid.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 03:32 PM
The reason that your arguments don't hold any water is that fact that Trent is a rookie and JP's been in the league for 5 years. Sorry, but it makes your arguments look stupid.

put Trent in there the last 4 (not 5) years, we'd be blasting Trent today and all his remaining lickers would be called trolls.

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2007, 03:33 PM
put Trent in there the last 4 (not 5) years, we'd be blasting Trent today.

What, you can predict the future now? :rofl: This post is a ****ing idiot.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 03:35 PM
What, you can predict the future now? :rofl: This post is a ****ing idiot.
Acutally the ****ing idiot post wasn't talking about the future. read it again and maybe you'll realize who's post was the ****ing idiot post. :snicker:

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2007, 03:39 PM
Acutally the ****ing idiot post wasn't talking about the future. read it again.

put Trent in there the last 4 (not 5) years, we'd be blasting Trent today and all his remaining lickers would be called trolls.
Well, you are implying that Trent would've sucked as bad as Losman for the past 4 years, which in essence, means you are either a.) Implying that Trent is going to suck for the next 4 seasons, or b.) Own a Delaurian, and can go back in time, place Trent as the QB for the past 4 years, and see the outcome.

Which is it?

G Wolly
12-23-2007, 03:39 PM
2 bad weather games. Big deal. How many times has he played in bad weather before this season without a Pro-Bowl Lineman?

I blame much of the problems on the injury to Peters. The pressure was getting through easier because of it.

chernobylwraiths
12-23-2007, 03:42 PM

And JP can skip a ball on a bright sunny day after four years, but that is the coordinator's fault. I'll give a rookie a bit more slack.

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2007, 03:42 PM
And JP can skip a ball on a bright sunny day after four years, but that is the coordinator's fault. I'll give a rookie a bit more slack.

No, it's never JP's fault. He's basically a rookie, you know.

Trent is going to suck, Justa already pointed that out, so there's no use cheering for the Bills anymore.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 03:44 PM
Well, you are implying that Trent would've sucked as bad as Losman for the past 4 years, which in essence, means you are either a.) Implying that Trent is going to suck for the next 4 seasons, or b.) Own a Delaurian, and can go back in time, place Trent as the QB for the past 4 years, and see the outcome.

Which is it?
haha!. YOur interpretation is a douche.

I simply implied that Trent wouldnt have succeeded here under the same conditions JP was put under. NO OL and crappy offensive playcalling. He would've ended up being a bust as well and you lickers would've been treating him the same way you are treating JP today .

PS- today is PRESENT tense, not future.

And I thought my engRish was bad. :snicker:

chernobylwraiths
12-23-2007, 03:45 PM
No, it's never JP's fault. He's basically a rookie, you know.

Trent is going to suck, Justa already pointed that out, so there's no use cheering for the Bills anymore.

Yeah, Mularkey screwed up JP's head. I forgot.

justasportsfan
Trent is going to suck, Justa already pointed that out,.LIar! PROVE IT!

:snicker:

Forward_Lateral
haha!. YOur interpretation is a douche.

I simply implied that Trent wouldnt have succeeded here i under the same conditions JP was put under. NO OL and crappy offensive playcalling. He would've ended up being a bust as well and you lickers would've been treating him the same way you are treating JP today .

PS- today is PRESENT tense, not future.

And I thought my engRish was bad. :snicker:

So your answer was b.). That's all you had to say.

Philagape
12-23-2007, 03:46 PM
Any QB who made better passes and better decisions and had better mental command of the field would have done better than JP under any circumstances.

djjimkelly
12-23-2007, 03:46 PM

5 years now come on

he was drafted 4 years ago

and was hurt year 1 drew played all that season.

regardless im not pimping JP

im hacking on trent i dont want to see the keys handed to this guy. he not that good

Typ0
12-23-2007, 03:47 PM
flutter, sail same crap. Whatever you call it, it still looks bad compared to JP. Thread is dead on, not a good sign.

I thought it was pretty windy today and there was ice on the ball...on that one play I saw icicles on the football.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 03:48 PM
So your answer was b.). That's all you had to say.

well that isn't talking about the future is it? So your post was ******ed. Your interpretation was ******ed. Make sure you comprehend first before you start making your own interpretation.

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2007, 03:50 PM
well that isn't talking about the future is it? So your post was ******ed. Your interpretation was ******ed. Make sure you comprehend first before you start making your own interpretation.

Not directly it's not, no. Do you know what the word imply means? I know English is your second language, but I'm sure somebody can lend you her English/****** dictionary so you can look up words that are longer than 2 letters.

EDITED BY DB

mybills
I blame much of the problems on the injury to Peters.
Maybe so, but after all of the injuries, and 2nd & 3rd stringers being able to step up for this team, that's prolly why you would blame it on that.

justasportsfan
I thought it was pretty windy today and there was ice on the ball...on that one play I saw icicles on the football.

I agree. Same weather condidtions last year when we beat the fins at the ralph with JP in there.

mybills
12-23-2007, 03:51 PM
Not directly it's not, no. Do you know what the word imply means? I know English is your second language, but I'm sure MyBills can lend you her English/****** dictionary so you can look up words that are longer than 2 letters.
:kissa:

YardRat
12-23-2007, 03:51 PM
im hacking on trent i dont want to see the keys handed to this guy. he not that good

Only time will tell, and whether you like it or not you're going to have to suffer through it.

Sucks to be you.

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2007, 03:52 PM
Maybe so, but after all of the injuries, and 2nd & 3rd stringers being able to step up for this team, that's prolly why you would blame it on that.

Yeah, Kirk Chambers really stepped up today.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 03:53 PM
Not directly it's not, no. Do you know what the word imply means? I know English is your second language, but I'm sure MyBills can lend you her English/****** dictionary so you can look up words that are longer than 2 letters.
Either ways, I wasn't talking about the future. I never said Trent was going to bust in the future. You came up with your own interpetation that was ******ed to begin with.

Just because I am not annointing Trent as the future ( felt the same way with JP) or the jury is still out on him, doesn't mean I think he's gonna bust. Your head is the one that thinks that. Nothing I can do to help you there ;)

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2007, 03:53 PM

Sorry, your tail's in the way.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 03:54 PM

Don't mind retrarded posts.

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Either ways, I wasn't talking about the future. I never said Trent was going to bust in the future. You came up with your own interpetaion that was ******ed to begin with.

Just because I am not annointing Trent as the future ( felt the same way with JP) or the jury is still out on him, doesn't mean I think he's gonna bust. Your head is the one that thinks that. Nothing I can do to help you there ;)

I'm not ready to annoint him yet, either, but today was nowhere near his fault.

I also take a bit of comfort in the fact that he's a rookie, and Losman looked worse than this after 3 years.

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2007, 03:55 PM
Don't mind retrarded posts.

You two should get married, you berong to each other.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 03:59 PM
I'm not ready to annoint him yet, either, but today was nowhere near his fault. since we agree , then this is a ****ing idiot post :snicker:

I also take a bit of comfort in the fact that he's a rookie, and Losman looked worse than this after 3 years.

JP was a rookie without an OL or a decent OC. The results would've been the same. No one would thrive or develop under those same condiditons. Only Trent lickers would believe he could do well under those circumstances.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 04:00 PM
You two should get married, you berong to each other.

the ******ation continues. Borat looks like a genius compared to your posts.

Typ0
12-23-2007, 04:00 PM
I agree. Same weather condidtions last year when we beat the fins at the ralph with JP in there.

I have been watching the weather...the conditions are not the same. The wind is nasty with freezing rain and snow. Not that it should be an excuse you still have to perform but you are comparing apples to oranges.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 04:02 PM
I have been watching the weather...the conditions are not the same. The wind is nasty with freezing rain and snow. Not that it should be an excuse you still have to perform but you are comparing apples to oranges.
I was at the game last year. The winds were horrible. it was freezing and raining.

Weird, you guys are coming up with excuses.

mybills
12-23-2007, 04:07 PM
Yeah, Kirk Chambers really stepped up today.
Your reading comprehension skills baffle me. I said he DIDN'T step up, and that's PROLLY WHY he blames him. DUH!

Kiss my TAIL!

The Jokeman
12-23-2007, 04:08 PM
The only difference was JP wasn't in his rookie season. Now there's no guaranteeing TE will improve but one would hope he would.

Weather conditions aside I'm pretty sure that the 2008 NY Giants team was a better team then the 2007 Miami Dolphins team.

All that said TE played a great 1st quarter and was miserable the rest of the game.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 04:13 PM
The only difference was JP wasn't in his rookie season. Now there's no guaranteeing TE will improve but one would hope he would.

I won't disagree but like I said, If Trent was in there instead of JP the last few years , we'd be saying the same thing about Trent today what we're saying about JP. No one could've suceeded under those circumstances.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 04:15 PM
Weather conditions aside I'm pretty sure that the 2008 NY Giants team was a better team then the 2007 Miami Dolphins team.

All that said TE played a great 1st quarter and was miserable the rest of the game.

Defensively? I doubt it. The fins were no. 4 last year under saban.

The Jokeman
12-23-2007, 04:20 PM
Defensively? I doubt it. The fins were no. 4 last year under saban.
Because Jason Taylor had a monster MVP type season but player for player I'd take the 2008 Giants team.

chernobylwraiths
12-23-2007, 04:21 PM
Because Jason Taylor had a monster MVP type season but player for player I'd take the 2008 Giants team.

Next year's Giants team?

The Jokeman
12-23-2007, 04:22 PM
Next year's Giants team?
UGH! You know what I meant.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 04:25 PM

not going by Jason Taylor. He gets owned by Peters. As a whole they were ranked better than the giants.

really hard to compare because it's apples and oranges. This Ol is bigger and supposedly better than the OL we had last year when JP was the qb.

So even if you think that the giants DL is better than the fins, (not agreeing or disagreeing) our OL had pennington, Gandy, preston.

A push.

Typ0
12-23-2007, 04:25 PM
I won't disagree but like I said, If Trent was in there instead of JP the last few years , we'd be saying the same thing about Trent today what we're saying about JP. No one could've suceeded under those circumstances.

hopefully, TE will improve over that time in which case we won't be saying the same things.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 04:31 PM
hopefully, TE will improve over that time in which case we won't be saying the same things.

I hope so. I'm tired of waiting for the next franchise qb. I'd rather be celebrating with fellow bills fans than bickering about qb's. It's pretty pathetic when the best qb we've had since Kelly was a midget that just came from the CFL.

Akhippo
12-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Wow, its like being in a sorority with a bunch of pissy girls. Ive never seen so many hurt feelings before.
Trent only had one glove on today and it was his non throwing hand.
He had a terrific start hitting all kinds of passes, especially a nice deep throw.
The playcalling was pretty good. UNTIL....

The OC decided to tuck his nuts away for the winter and play it conservative.
Peters got hurt.
The defense turns into a sieve.

I will get rid of all the receivers/tight ends/D lineman and coaches before I decide to get rid of Trent.

Oh, and JP is done here for all those that still give a damn. They must be in those relationships were the girlfriend cheats and treats em like crap, but they figure itll turn around eventually.

Oaf
12-23-2007, 05:00 PM
The fist pick for a TD is on Evans. The second, while maybe not completely on Reed, he still got his hands on it.

As for Trent in bad weather, he played well the first quarter, then it's like the team switched O.C's. You get a QB in a rhythm, then you run, run and it's 3rd and 14. Stupid.
His good quarter was clearly before that storm front settled in. He sucked from then on.

The Jokeman
12-23-2007, 05:32 PM
His good quarter was clearly before that storm front settled in. He sucked from then on.
Which also was about the same time his Pro Bowl Left Offensive Tackle was injured.

Typ0
12-23-2007, 06:19 PM
I hope so. I'm tired of waiting for the next franchise qb. I'd rather be celebrating with fellow bills fans than bickering about qb's. It's pretty pathetic when the best qb we've had since Kelly was a midget that just came from the CFL.

you shouldn't let your impatience disallow TE a reasonable chance to be that person.

Michael82
12-23-2007, 08:21 PM
I said that last week. I don't give a **** how cold his hands are. He sucks ass with gloves. He needs to use that hand warmer like Kelly did and take the gloves off.

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2007, 08:22 PM
I said that last week. I don't give a **** how cold his hands are. He sucks ass with gloves. He needs to use that hand warmer like Kelly did and take the gloves off.

HE WASN'T WEARING GLOVES TODAY!!!!!

Typ0
12-23-2007, 08:23 PM
I would think if he learns to play with gloves he's better off than being without.

Typ0
12-23-2007, 08:24 PM
the wind is worse here right now than I've ever seen it.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 10:11 PM
you shouldn't let your impatience disallow TE a reasonable chance to be that person.

what are you talking about? I haven't blasted TE. Just because I don't go around calling him our franchise qb doesn't mean I've given up on the guy. The jury is still out on TE just like the jury was still out on JP.

BillsFever21
12-24-2007, 02:56 AM
For anyone who wants to compare Trent today to any of JP's games I can't recall ONE game where JP went 2-19 for 29 yards and 3 INT's over a 3 quarter period. He was also completely awful last week too. Missing wide open receivers for most of the game. Don't blame that on the weather either. Derek Anderson didn't have them problems.

Our two most important games and Trent completed about 40% of his passes and played his worst ball to date.

Ebenezer
12-24-2007, 02:58 AM
Wow, its like being in a sorority with a bunch of pissy girls. Ive never seen so many hurt feelings before.
Trent only had one glove on today and it was his non throwing hand.
He had a terrific start hitting all kinds of passes, especially a nice deep throw.
The playcalling was pretty good. UNTIL....

The OC decided to tuck his nuts away for the winter and play it conservative.
Peters got hurt.
The defense turns into a sieve.

I will get rid of all the receivers/tight ends/D lineman and coaches before I decide to get rid of Trent.

Post of the day.

For the second week in a row I will say it...it's not backyard football folks...it is the NFL. Many a QB would have had trouble in that crap today. Once it started the rain never stopped. Again, growing up in Calif (and not knocking him because of it) I'm going to bet that TE rarely if ever saw a day like today let alone played a football game in it. I know he has only played two games like it as a pro...not a lot of experience now, eh?

Some folks around here need to just stop pissing and whining. This team is excrusiatingly young and injured. Folks are talking as if it is the end of the world that TE struggled the last two games. We are all desperate to make the playoffs but some of you guys sound like somebody came in and killed your family. On the grand scale of life a Bills loss, when they are already eliminated from the playoffs, on a day where rain washed in sideways amidst 30 mph winds, means nothing. Grow up. It's a football game that the PLAYERS PLAY for your enjoyment. The game, and their play, shouldn't affect your lives ONE IOTA. If it does, I think you have your priorities screwed up. Better yet, check the calander and put some priority in your life.

/soapbox

Bill Brasky
12-24-2007, 07:27 AM

Not a good sign....
really? the game i saw today saw him tearing **** up in the first QTR, then our coaches decided to turn into the Republican GOP with their insane conservativism...

i'm sure it didn't help that we also lost our best lineman and only pro bowler.

Michael82
12-24-2007, 10:24 AM
I do believe Mikey pointed that out about getting rid of the gloves and he got blasted for it.
Thanks man! :up:

Michael82
12-24-2007, 10:34 AM
HE WASN'T WEARING GLOVES TODAY!!!!!
Actually he wasn't wearing gloves at the beginning, when he was doing good. But then he put on one glove like Michael Jackson and then his passes started looking like ****! :ill:

justasportsfan
12-24-2007, 01:57 PM
went 2-19 for 29 yards and 3 INT's over a 3 quarter period. He was also completely awful last week too. Missing wide open receivers for most of the game. Don't blame that on the weather either. Derek Anderson didn't have them problems.

Our two most important games and Trent completed about 40% of his passes and played his worst ball to date.

Haven't you heard. That's all JP's fault.

Losman4Life
12-24-2007, 02:04 PM

Not a good sign....

He's not good even when the weather is normal.

Bring back JP in 2008!