PDA

View Full Version : Rookie Mistakes and WRs that can't catch.

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2007, 03:19 PM
First, Trent had a great 1st quarter, and a crappy rest of the game. Was it all his fault? No. Could he have thrown some passes a bit better? Yes, but you can't expect anyone not named Brady or Peyton to throw every pass perfectly. The Evans defection for a pick is inexcusable. The Reed one was not quite as bad, but still, any time you get your hands on a ball, you have to catch it.
Parrish running a slant, then stopping and going up field was also a near-costly mistake.

Second, Lynch needs to learn to just go down when there's nothing there. Too many times he turned a 2nd or 3rd and 6 into a 2nd and 3rd and 11, or worse.

Also, did they switch Offensive Co-ordinators after the first quarter? WTF was that? Play calling in the final 3 quarters was the worst it's been all year. Good by Fairchild, sorry about your luck Colorado State.

Novacane
12-23-2007, 03:40 PM
We need a #1 reciever.

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2007, 03:41 PM
This team needs WRs than can catch.

DynaPaul
12-23-2007, 04:35 PM
Seriously, all of the butter fingers crap the last 2 weeks has really hurt our offense. How can you get into a rhythm or move down the field when the WRs keep killing drives by dropping passes that could have gone for big gains?

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 04:49 PM
First, Trent had a great 1st quarter, and a crappy rest of the game. Was it all his fault? No. Could he have thrown some passes a bit better? Yes, but you can't expect anyone not named Brady or Peyton to throw every pass perfectly. The Evans defection for a pick is inexcusable. The Reed one was not quite as bad, but still, any time you get your hands on a ball, you have to catch it.
Parrish running a slant, then stopping and going up field was also a near-costly mistake.

Second, Lynch needs to learn to just go down when there's nothing there. Too many times he turned a 2nd or 3rd and 6 into a 2nd and 3rd and 11, or worse.

Also, did they switch Offensive Co-ordinators after the first quarter? WTF was that? Play calling in the final 3 quarters was the worst it's been all year. Good by Fairchild, sorry about your luck Colorado State.

Deja vu.

Cntrygal
12-23-2007, 04:53 PM

During that first quarter, I was wondering if the front office told Fairchild to just stay home and pack his house up. From the second quarter on, I figured he must have made it to the stadium after all. :(

HHURRICANE
12-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Deja vu.

I'm not buying that. With that said a better group would have helped JP as well.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 05:07 PM
I'm not buying that. With that said a better group would have helped JP as well.
the initial posts sounds like the posts of the JP aolpologists of the past. Same excuses, different qb.

Forward_Lateral
12-23-2007, 08:04 PM
the initial posts sounds like the posts of the JP aolpologists of the past. Same excuses, different qb.

I wasnt' making excuses anywhere. I was stating facts. Fact: The WRs dropped a ton of passes this week, and last, but we criticize ONLY the QB for not playing well in poor weather. The guys who drop balls deserve the same criticism.

Fact: it's Lynch's fault for a few, maybe more, of the 2nd and 3s that turned into 3rd and 11s. He's a rookie, he'll learn.

Fact: The Bills Offense looked the best it's looked all season in the first Quarter. I know most of the Bills fans, if not all of them, that watched the game thought someone besides Fairchild was calling the plays. That thought quickly disappeared in the 2nd Quarter. He can't leave town fast enough.

Fact: Trent has looked terrible in the past two games, with exception of the final Cleveland drive and the first quarter of today's game. Let's also remember that he's a rookie, and he'll hopefully learn to cope with this weather, and improve. Hopefully.

Also, you can't tell me that any pass that hits a WR in the hands or chest and the WR doesn't catch it, and it's picked for 6, that it's not on the WR.

Billzz
12-23-2007, 08:10 PM

JP takes sacks and does not read the field well from what I watched of his games in recent memory. The few games I recorded and watched his progressions he usually only made it to the second one and looked for somone coming to sack him. Blame the line, blame JP blame the recievers for not being open he just didn't get it done and put us in 3rd and long situations alot.

paladin warrior
12-23-2007, 09:42 PM
We need a #1 reciever. That why I'm telling u.. In the 1st place.. NEED BETTER WR!!!!

Discotrish
12-23-2007, 09:54 PM
30th on both offense AND defense. That's just difficult to do.

Patti