PDA

View Full Version : Trent Edwards

jamze132
12-23-2007, 03:24 PM
During the first quarter, I thought Trent played great. But after that it seemed like everything went wrong. I know he didn't make the best throws or decisions every time but the receivers made him look like a piece of crap today.

We shouldn't blame this loss on Trent nor should we ridicule him for the loss. It seemed to me like one of those games where if something could go wrong, it would. The weather played a factor, Jason Peter's injury played a huge ****in' factor, and to mention the recievers again, they couldn't catch a cold, especially Evans, who by the way shocked me today with his butterfingers.

The Giants blitzed 90% of the time today, and that makes it hard for any QB in the NFL to post decent stats. With the weather conditions, it makes it extremely hard for any QB to post great stats and throw in the fact that when you are down, you are forced to pass, it doesn't exactly create a great setting for your QB to perform well. Throw in all the factors I stated before and you can see why Trent's statline look like dog doodoo.

I am not going to think any different either way of Trent today. I just hope he was attentitive today to the different blitzes the Giants showed so he can grow from the experience. I pray that he is the kind of person who can identify and remember what packages he saw today and also remember after reviewing the film what could have been done differently to counter those plays for our benefit. I just hope he can learn from this.

GO BILLS!

djjimkelly
12-23-2007, 03:34 PM
During the first quarter, I thought Trent played great. But after that it seemed like everything went wrong. I know he didn't make the best throws or decisions every time but the receivers made him look like a piece of crap today.

We shouldn't blame this loss on Trent nor should we ridicule him for the loss. It seemed to me like one of those games where if something could go wrong, it would. The weather played a factor, Jason Peter's injury played a huge ****in' factor, and to mention the recievers again, they couldn't catch a cold, especially Evans, who by the way shocked me today with his butterfingers.

The Giants blitzed 90% of the time today, and that makes it hard for any QB in the NFL to post decent stats. With the weather conditions, it makes it extremely hard for any QB to post great stats and throw in the fact that when you are down, you are forced to pass, it doesn't exactly create a great setting for your QB to perform well. Throw in all the factors I stated before and you can see why Trent's statline look like dog doodoo.

I am not going to think any different either way of Trent today. I just hope he was attentitive today to the different blitzes the Giants showed so he can grow from the experience. I pray that he is the kind of person who can identify and remember what packages he saw today and also remember after reviewing the film what could have been done differently to counter those plays for our benefit. I just hope he can learn from this.

GO BILLS!

in the first quarter he hit evans on a crossing route that was wide open on PA

he hit a 30 yard screen pass

he hit a wide open gaines on PA for a TD

he hit gaines on a check down for 30

and hit evans on a super wide open TD.

not much else.

he wasnt a 1 or 2 win a season qb becuz he was a stud in college

jamze132
12-23-2007, 03:52 PM
in the first quarter he hit evans on a crossing route that was wide open on PA

he hit a 30 yard screen pass

he hit a wide open gaines on PA for a TD

he hit gaines on a check down for 30

and hit evans on a super wide open TD.

not much else.

he wasnt a 1 or 2 win a season qb becuz he was a stud in college
I seriously don't know what you are trying to say, either negative or positve. I have been drinking heavily too. :cheers:

YardRat
12-23-2007, 03:53 PM
It's growing pains. I think he'll get better.

SquishDaFish
12-23-2007, 03:56 PM
People need to stop calling him the Savior now. But he is a rookie and I hope he progresses big time

historypete
12-23-2007, 03:57 PM
Slowly he is improving. I think these games will do him good because they are learning experiences. The bad games in the weather conditions don't bother me right now. He's never experienced 40 mph winds in rain, sleet and snow. What Edwards has to do is learn from this and transfer that over to next year.

It also doesn't help that when Peters went out, that their pass rush improved greatly. Added to that was the fact our WR couldn't catch the ball and were somethimes running the wrong route.

People have to keep in mind he is still a rookie and these types of game will happen. The key is what he does next year. I think we've seen improvement over the year from him and that will continue under a more competent offensive coordinator next year.

jamze132
12-23-2007, 03:59 PM
Slowly he is improving. I think these games will do him good because they are learning experiences. The bad games in the weather conditions don't bother me right now. He's never experienced 40 mph winds in rain, sleet and snow. What Edwards has to do is learn from this and transfer that over to next year.

It also doesn't help that when Peters went out, that their pass rush improved greatly. Added to that was the fact our WR couldn't catch the ball and were somethimes running the wrong route.

People have to keep in mind he is still a rookie and these types of game will happen. The key is what he does next year. I think we've seen improvement over the year from him and that will continue under a more competent offensive coordinator next year.
Touche'

jamze132
12-23-2007, 04:02 PM
People need to stop calling him the Savior now. But he is a rookie and I hope he progresses big time
I agree. We need to be patient while he develops. I hope that he can learn a lot from this game, especially since the Giants showed just about every blitx known to man.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 04:17 PM
People need to stop calling him the Savior now
too late. He's already in the HOF as far as some posters here are concerned.

DynaPaul
12-23-2007, 04:32 PM
He looked awesome in the 1st quarter. Then the weather got crazy, Peters went out, and he was hurried and harassed all the rest of the game. 2 of those picks were off of deflections. He didn't have a terrible game but it wasn't great. At least he kept his cool in front of the best pass rush in the league. Really you can't throw it all on Trent because the running game could have picked up it better than it was and our defense still can't handle the run.

LtBillsFan66
12-23-2007, 04:36 PM
too late. He's already in the HOF as far as some posters here are concerned.

Who?

Just because he's a million times better than Loserman, no one's saying he's a HOF'er.

hydro
12-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Who?

Just because he's a million times better than Loserman, no one's saying he's a HOF'er.

But we are! We just don't know it. Just like anyone with a personal agenda, they are going to read between the lines and exaggerate.

justasportsfan
12-23-2007, 04:45 PM
Who?

who's talking about JP?
and to answer your question, you. Anyone who's a million times better than JP has got to be better than Marino.

Oaf
12-23-2007, 05:09 PM
I don't know how you learn to play in awful weather, but if he doesn't sooner or later, he'll be out.

hydro
12-23-2007, 05:11 PM
I don't know how you learn to play in awful weather, but if he doesn't sooner or later, he'll be out.

Experience is all it takes. Once he is confident and used to playing it crappy weather it shouldn't be as much of a factor.

HHURRICANE
12-23-2007, 05:17 PM
I'm actually very confident that we have the right QB.

He made some plays early today that Losman would have never made in the wake of the pass rush.

I saw a guy pressing in the 4th quarter against a 30 MPH wind without alot of help from his receivers.

I keep having to remind myself that he's a rookie. This isn't a rip on JP but after watching him as a rookie there is no comparison.

I actually hope we keep JP as a backup and bring in some real receivers.