• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

2 things that bother me about Trent..

and I hope it's just a rookie thing that he'll get past.

1. He tends to laser from 5-10 yds away, and it bounces off his intendeds chests or hands every time.
    2. He throws too low, and it gets deflected. Then he realizes it, and over throws the next pass.

I've been watching for improvements on both of these in every game, but I've yet to see corrections. I gave it a pass against Miami, cuz they just suck, and against Cleveland, due to the crappy weather, but after today it's still happening. Big deal, it was raining for most of the game, and neither kinds of passes have anything to do with the weather anyway, so I won't accept any excuses for them. I just hope the coaches pick up on it and help him improve on both.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!
  • mybills
    81 st zoner
    • Jul 2002

Re: 2 things that bother me about Trent..

re: 1, he eased ONE pass that was between 5-10 yards, and the receiver caught it.
    I think he knows that he does it, but he gets too excited and forgets about it the next time.
    I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
      • Mar 2004

How can he laser the passes, he has a weak arm, and his throws fluttered today?

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

I agree with #1. I've also noticed he guns it when he does not need to on short passes.

I have not noticed a problem with tipped passes anymore than other QBs

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Forward_Lateral
          How can he laser the passes, he has a weak arm, and his throws fluttered today?
          he does not have a weak arm. that's ******ed.

Comment

• BillyT92679
            • Jul 2002

He does have an odd throwing motion, but QBs should throw hard from 5-10 yards. LBs are so fast that a lightly thrown ball would get picked easily.

I think his balls do get tipped more often than I'd like, and I think THAT is due to his "dart-like" throwing style. He admittedly doesn't get a lot of trajectory on a lot of passes.
            Let's Go BILLS and SU ORANGE![IMhttp://www.billszone.com/fanzone/attachment.php?attachmentid=&stc=1G]

Comment

• mybills
              81 st zoner
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Novacane
              I agree with #1. I've also noticed he guns it when he does not need to on short passes.

I have not noticed a problem with tipped passes anymore than other QBs
              It was the biggest reason for the last minute interception against Dallas. He skims the defender's helmet way too often.

Comment

• YardRat
                Well, lookie here...
                • Dec 2004

I agree with both points. He does need to work on his touch on shorter passes and even though he didn't have too many today I've noticed he usually gets a few batted down at the line every game.

Fortunately, he's shown he has the physical tools and the brain to improve any part of his game that is lacking at this point.
                YardRat Wall of Fame
                #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Forward_Lateral
                  • Mar 2004

I don't care if the ball is fired out of a cannon. If it hits a WR in the hands, or chest, it has to be caught. It's your job as a WR to catch footballs, not whine about how hard they are thrown. As Sterling Sharpe about breaking every finger on both hands in his career because of having to catch Favre's passes every game.

Comment

• mybills
                    81 st zoner
                    • Jul 2002

I don't care if the ball is fired out of a cannon. If it hits a WR in the hands, or chest, it has to be caught. It's your job as a WR to catch footballs, not whine about how hard they are thrown. As Sterling Sharpe about breaking every finger on both hands in his career because of having to catch Favre's passes every game.
                    Obviously you're not a strong believer in finesse.

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                      Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                      • Jun 2005

I agree MyBills

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
                        • Jan 2003

I guess the receivers shouldn't learn how to catch pillows then. For crying out loud people, if it hits you in the hands, it should be caught. He isn't throwing it THAT hard.

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                          Peterman Sucks!
                          • Mar 2006

Someone should have told number 1 to John Elway back in 84...He might have ended up being in the HOF.

Oops, nevermind, he did.

Next up let Favre get this memo too...maybe he'll be a better player later in his career too! Oops.

Number 1 is an outright ******ed point that just excuses receivers for dropping passes.

Number 2 though is definitely an issue, overcompensation. Through time hopefully that will be fixed.

Comment

• Akhippo
                            • Nov 2002

I hate to be a WR catching slant from Cutler. That dude burns the skin off your palms running slants. But they get caught.

I think he will get the finesse down with a full training camp. Its probably hard to work on the little areas of your game when you are busy trying to get in a game plan for the next week.
                            Let the game slow down a bit for him and i think he will be alot better.

His throwing motion is pretty good. He keeps the ball up by his ear to throw, just like your suppose to. JP has a funky motion also. So as long as it doesnt turn out to be like V Youngs bad accuracy throws im not to worried.
                            Buy land in AK now. In ten years due to global warming, it will be the new tropical paradise, minus the tropics

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                              • Mar 2005

I'm not worried.

I saw him make some throws under pressure today that very few vets could make. Because of our wonderful run D we basically lost our wind advatage in the 3rd quarter and forced a rookie to play catch up into a 30 mph wind.The drops didn't help either.

As somebody pointed out earlier today the injuries look like they have finally caught up to our D.

I am just as confident with Trent now as I was a few weeks ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X