PDA

View Full Version : Bills Vs. Giants:Tidbits

yordad
12-23-2007, 06:58 PM
OK I did this on the "other board" and people seemed to like it. Maybe I can start something here.

I have a tendency to talk about the QB position mostly, to I 'll leave that out for the most part here, because that is an entire thread to itself.

After a game I usually have like twenty things I'd like to talk about. Some are questions, some are statements. I'll number them to make them easier to respond to. In no particular order ...

1) Play action roll out on the first play from scrimmage. It worked beautiful. It was 21 yards to Lee. We should do that on first down more often.

2) Parrish made a great diving catch. On this play, with 22 mph winds, I thought he was well over thrown. He looked like he was shot out of cannon when that ball was up. Nice speed and catch.

But, it is a shame that is all he did. He seems to have gotten the ball throw to him a lot more since he lobbied in the media. He should have shut up. He hasn't done enough with his opportunities.

3) Was that the first time we scored a TD on the opening drive this year? And, again, it was a play action pass. His second TD was a play action pass too. We have a red zone beast in Lynch, going into next year. Most of our TDs will probably come from this. We should call Play-action more. And, where was it earlier in the year. One time in the first Jest game?

4) On this play... 4-16-BUF 37 (2:26) 18-J.Feagles punts 33 yards to BUF 4, Center-51-Z.DeOssie, out of bounds. Penalty on BUF, Defensive Offside, declined. Penalty on "right defensive tackle."

It is a 49 yard attempt field goal attempt if they kick it. Score is 14-0 right now. Good call/bad call?

5) There was a Sam Aiken sighting. He was in on a run play blocking. Is that a tip, or what? He hasn't had a ball thrown to him all year. Has he?

6) Ryan Neill? Seriously? Why did you cut Mike Schneck. I mean, Schneck went to the pro bowl in '05. This guy single-handedly turned the tide in this game dramatically. Moorman also punted a ball in the fourth after it skipped on the turf.

7) After Whitner roughed the kicker, took a horrible angle on Jacobs, and then got out ran. He didn't even look like he wanted to try and tackle the guy. I mean, come on Whitner, your wearing pads. Man, you ain't making the probowl any time soon like that. Digi looked bad on this play too. Giant FB basically whiffed on Digi, but he still didn't get a hand on Jacobs.

8) The Giants tried to score at the end of the half. We could learn something from that. That is what playoff teams do.

9) That last drive by the Giants the end of the first half that ended in a fumble was kinda lucky for the Bills. I personally think it was moving forward when it got knocked out. I think it should have been an incomplete pass. I was surprised it wasn't reviewed. What do you think? The Giants would have had time for a field goal. It would have been a 43 yarder with the wind.

10) There was a Keith Ellison sighting. He got an Int. Too bad he looked horrible in run D all game. Horrible. I think we should start Haggan. And maybe swap them on third and long.

11) Bradshaw, #44, had the "N" on his helmet missing after his first run. Did someone tackle it off?

12) McCargo came up big on the endzone stand. He looked like a monster coming threw on that 4th down. I'd praise him more if he did anything else the entire game. I think he will be starting soon though.

13) Opposing punters should just kick it out of bounds every time. I mean seriously. Try and get it 35 yards or more and OB. Parrish is pretty darn good back there. He is a threat to go the distance every time.

14) Edwards fumbled twice. And, he didn't even try to recover one. It hit him when he was on the ground, he seemed to be thinking about the post game questions, and we lost the ball.

15) McGee is pretty good in coverage. And, his Int. could have been a big play.

16) Josh Reed goes all out in run blocking. He is really good in that role. I think he has a solid grip on the #3 WR for next year.

17) Did anyone else see Leonhard completely whiff on the 88 yard Bradshaw run?

18) All them points to one end zone? Crazy.

19) I think the Bills should have taken the wind in the fourth. Especially considering they didn't start the 3rd with the ball.

20) The Bills are 0-fer on the season against playoff teams.

21) The Bills gave up 291 yards on the ground. Poz will be a welcomed addition next year.

Yes I just realized most of these things are negative. That wasn't by design. It just so happens a lot went wrong.

Feel free to respond if you agree or disagree to anything or want to answer one of my many questions.

patmoran2006
12-23-2007, 07:13 PM
Great post dude.

John Doe
12-23-2007, 07:13 PM
4) On this play... 4-16-BUF 37 (2:26) 18-J.Feagles punts 33 yards to BUF 4, Center-51-Z.DeOssie, out of bounds. Penalty on BUF, Defensive Offside, declined. Penalty on "right defensive tackle."

It is a 49 yard attempt field goal attempt if the kick it. Score is 14-0 right now. Good call/bad call?

Good wrap-up on a lot of plays and situations.

I thought that Coughlin's decision was a no-brainer. The Giant have the Bills pinned deep. If they take the penalty to try a field goal against the wind and it fails, the Bills get great field position.

6) Ryan Neill? Seriously? Why did you cut Mike Schneck. I mean, Schneck went to the pro bowl in '05. This guy single-handedly turned the tide in this game dramatically. Moorman also punted a ball in the fourth after it skipped on the turf.

Due to the injury to Denny and the suspension to Hargrove, the Bills needed some depth at defensive end while carrying Denny's position on the active roster. Neill was used as a pass rusher during the early part of the season. Overall, he has been a good snapper. He needed some experience in wind, rain and snow and he got some, the hard way.

chernobylwraiths
12-23-2007, 07:21 PM
OK I did this on the "other board" and people seemed to like it. Maybe I can start something here.

I have a tendency to talk about the QB position mostly, to I 'll leave that out for the most part here, because that is an entire thread to itself.

After a game I usually have like twenty things I'd like to talk about. Some are questions, some are statements. I'll number them to make them easier to respond to. In no particular order ...

1) Play action roll out on the first play from scrimmage. It worked beautiful. It was 21 yards to Lee. We should do that on first down more often.

2) Parrish made a great diving catch. On this play, with 22 mph winds, I thought he was well over thrown. He looked like he was shot out of cannon when that ball was up. Nice speed and catch.

But, it is a shame that is all he did. He seems to have gotten the ball throw to him a lot more since he lobbied in the media. He should have shut up. He hasn't done enough with his opportunities.

3) Was that the first time we scored a TD on the opening drive this year? And, again, it was a play action pass. His second TD was a play action pass too. We have a red zone beast in Lynch, going into next year. Most of our TDs will probably come from this. We should call Play-action more. And, where was it earlier in the year. One time in the first Jest game?

It is a 49 yard attempt field goal attempt if they kick it. Score is 14-0 right now. Good call/bad call?

5) There was a Sam Aiken sighting. He was in on a run play blocking. Is that a tip, or what? He hasn't had a ball thrown to him all year. Has he?

7) After Whitner roughed the kicker, took a horrible angle on Jacobs, and then got out ran. He didn't even look like he wanted to try and tackle the guy. I mean, come on Whitner, your wearing pads. Man, you ain't making the probowl any time soon like that. Digi looked bad on this play too. Giant FB basically whiffed on Digi, but he still didn't get a hand on Jacobs.

8) The Giants tried to score at the end of the half. We could learn something from that. That is what playoff teams do.

9) That last drive by the Giants the end of the first half that ended in a fumble was kinda lucky for the Bills. I personally think it was moving forward when it got knocked out. I think it should have been an incomplete pass. I was surprised it wasn't reviewed. What do you think? The Giants would have had time for a field goal. It would have been a 43 yarder with the wind.

10) There was a Keith Ellison siting. He got an Int. Too bad he looked horrible in run D all game. Horrible. I think we should start Haggan. And maybe swap them on third and long.

11) Bradshaw, #44, had the "N" on his helmet missing after his first run. Did someone tackle it off?

12) McCargo came up big on the endzone stand. He looked like a monster coming threw on that 4th down. I'd praise him more if he did anything else the entire game. I think he will be starting soon though.

13) Opposing punters should just kick it out of bounds every time. I mean seriously. Try and get it 35 yards or more and OB. Parrish is pretty darn good back there. He is a threat to go the distance every time.

14) Edwards fumbled twice. And, he didn't even try to recover one. It hit him when he was on the ground, he seemed to be thinking about the post game questions, and we lost the ball.

15) McGee is pretty good in coverage. And, his Int. could have been a big play.

16) Josh Reed goes all out in run blocking. He is really good in that role. I think he has a solid grip on the #3 WR for next year.

17) Did anyone else see Leonhard completely whiff on the 88 yard Bradshaw run?

19) I think the Bills should have taken the wind in the fourth. Especially considering they didn't start the 3rd with the ball.

20) The Bills are 0-fer on the season against playoff teams.

21) The Bills gave up 291 yards on the ground. Poz will be a welcomed addition next year.

Yes I just realized most of these things are negative. That wasn't by design. It just so happens a lot went wrong.

Feel free to respond if you agree or disagree to anything or want to answer one of my many questions.

1. sure
2. he was invisible after that. I don't know if he runs correct routes.
3. :idunno:
4. good call, into the wind
5. I doubt it
6. last two weeks have been the only issues I believe, he better not do it again
7. defense had a terrible game
8. yes, when there is that kind of time
9. it was moving in his hand before his hand started going forward, but it was lucky
10. Upgrading LB is a priority
11. It was missing before the announcers saw it
12. I started a thread on this
13. if their special teams suck, I guess it would be a good idea
14. :idunno:
15. he is OK
16. Sure, if that's all you want is a guy who can block and drop every other ball
17. no, I don't have a DVR, but I saw one player miss a tackle near the line, maybe it was him
18. I guess
19. That would have been the SMART thing to do, even the announcers mentioned it
20. so far
21. they are going to need a lot more than him

YardRat
12-23-2007, 07:28 PM

Neill should be toast this off-season. I didn't like the cut when it was made, accepted it considering the Hargrove suspension and Denney injury, but really disappointed after the last two weeks.

I though I noticed it missing on the opening kick-off, or even before.

Silly...The weather was a non-factor today. Haven't you been reading any other posts?

Billzz
12-23-2007, 07:34 PM
Good anlaysis 2 thumbs up:up: :up: :posrep:

yordad
12-23-2007, 09:42 PM
Silly...The weather was a non-factor today. Haven't you been reading any other posts?
Have you ever seen one end of the stadium outscore the other 59-0? Because I've seen weather like today may times, but I don't recall a 59-0. I don't think 59-0 is standard for 23 mph winds. maybe 34-14.

But, to answer your question, no. I hadn't been reading many other post. By design. I didn't want my thoughts/views clouded before I posted this.

Discotrish
12-23-2007, 09:52 PM

Superbowl XXV. Same team. Marv...

Patti

yordad
12-25-2007, 04:45 PM
Neill hasn't whiffed the field as a DE. I knew he was cut for that, but in retrospect, it is a clear poor decision.

G. Host
12-25-2007, 06:42 PM

If you are looking for a job as a mind reader or writing fiction forget it. You do not have the talent. The poorly worded barb ruins creditibility of rest.

G. Host
12-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Neill hasn't whiffed the field as a DE. I knew he was cut for that, but in retrospect, it is a clear poor decision.

Obviously you have NOT watched all of the games. He has "whiffed" the field and was instrumental in a stop in a previous game when Denney and Hargrove were both out.

yordad
12-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Obviously you have NOT watched all of the games. He has "whiffed" the field and was instrumental in a stop in a previous game when Denney and Hargrove were both out.OK, feel free to be more specific. To my knowledge the dude has zero tackles. Zero. How "instumental" could he have been? And, even if he did have one tackle (which I don't believe he does) how would me not recalling one single play over two months ago mean I haven't watched the games?

BTW, I have season tickets. Do you? :oops:

If you are looking for a job as a mind reader or writing fiction forget it. You do not have the talent. The poorly worded barb ruins creditibility of rest.If anyone hasn't seen games, I think it is you. This was a recent play. And, if you were watching, it shouldn't have escaped your memory so easily. Clearly you didn't see the play were he fumbled, and wasn't even looking for the ball. Then the ball hit him while he was lying on the ground not paying attention, and he didn't recover it. I am as objective of a Bills fan as I can be. I don't irrationally side with one Bills player over another. Clearly I cannot read mind, it was an illustration. Do you know what the word "seemed" means? Maybe you should have watched the last game.

Funny. A thread filled with 20+ things to talk about, and you couldn't find one to do civilly. You must be one of the blind "really nice people" from the "other board". Good talk.