PDA

View Full Version : Todd Collins

patmoran2006
12-23-2007, 09:09 PM
Damn, he's ripping up Minnesota tonight too. What a revelation he's become.

Is this is a fluke? Or was he lacking from a chance to really play? Did the Bills throw in the towel on him too early with Wade Phillips?

Billzz
12-23-2007, 09:13 PM

Is this is a fluke? Or was he lacking from a chance to really play? Did the Bills throw in the towel on him too early with Wade Phillips?

You bored?

Discotrish
12-23-2007, 09:59 PM

No.

Patti

Oaf
12-24-2007, 12:31 AM
I remember I saw him 4 years ago in a Chiefs uni and was astounded he was still around. He'll be done soon.

Ebenezer
12-24-2007, 12:46 AM

you need a hobby...do you still discuss whether the Sabres gave up to early on Morris Titanic, too?

RockStar36
12-24-2007, 01:40 AM
10 years on the bench can make anyone look good.

TacklingDummy
12-24-2007, 04:38 AM
The Bills screwed Todd Collins.

Todd was replacing a legend in Buffalo and he really never did get a chance.

YardRat
12-24-2007, 05:48 AM
Gee...Maybe we should sign him this off-season to back up Trent next year.

Dr. Lecter
12-24-2007, 07:26 AM

This coming from the guy with no patience on QBs???????

Are you kidding me?????

Bill Brasky
12-24-2007, 07:30 AM
did they give up on him too soon? who knows. half the posters here want to give up on 90% of the roster after 1 bad QTR.

Don't Panic
12-24-2007, 07:58 AM

Yeah, but somebody had to. Collins is having a good stretch right now because he's taking advantage of the opportunity he's been granted and nobody knows how to game plan him (plus he was going against a cover 2 in the Minny game). The clock will hit midnight soon enough.

Dr. Lecter
12-24-2007, 08:04 AM
did they give up on him too soon? who knows. half the posters here want to give up on 90% of the roster after 1 bad QTR.

Cut everybody!!!!

Bill Brasky
12-24-2007, 08:15 AM
Cut everybody!!!!

it's the holidays, time to cut the fat!!!!!!!!

EDS
12-24-2007, 09:37 AM
I remember I saw him 4 years ago in a Chiefs uni and was astounded he was still around. He'll be done soon.

Todd Collins is one lucky pastard. He has been making a very nice salary for over ten years now and his body does not have the physical toll on it that others may have.

Dude is going to retire with a fat bank account and enjoy 50+ years of retirement. We should all be so lucky.

TheBrownBear
12-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Collins was terrible early in his career. He played scared and threw the ball into the turf or at his wr's feet 50% of the time. If he was so good, how come it took him another 10+ years to get a shot to play? The Bills were right to cut him and move on. The mistake they made was drafting him in the first place to be Kelly's successor.

As for his current success, you see a lot of these geezer qb's who look great all of a sudden in their mid-to-late 30's (i.e. Gannon, Testaverde, etc.). The reason is because they have been around the game, observing, and doing it for so long in the NFL that their experience has finally outweighed their initial physical (or mental limitations). These guys weren't ready to be starters in their 20's and most teams can't wait around for 10 years for the light to go on for a guy.

Losman4Life
12-24-2007, 12:50 PM

Buffalo is notorious for ruining QB's careers, first collins, rob johnson, blesoe and now losman. Isn't it amazing how good QB's become after they leave this crappy team?

G Wolly
12-24-2007, 12:51 PM
Bring him back to Buffalo!

No? All right.

Mr. Pink
12-24-2007, 04:08 PM
Buffalo is notorious for ruining QB's careers, first collins, rob johnson, blesoe and now losman. Isn't it amazing how good QB's become after they leave this crappy team?

Collins has done well since he left year...career backup getting to play because Campbell is hurt.

Rob Johnson, never started again but collected a SB ring sitting on the bench backing up Brad Johnson.

Bledsoe, lost his job to another unproven youngster and is now retired.

Losman, good luck in the CFL.

Who else was there?

Flutie...yeah he was productive in San Diego.
Billy Jo Hobert...did he even make another team?
Shane Matthews...gone
Travis Brown...gone

Am I forgetting someone who went on to greatness elsewhere?

Historian
12-24-2007, 04:55 PM
Worst quarterback to ever suit up for the Bills...

Elminster
12-24-2007, 04:59 PM
I'd be interested to see if he continues to play like this. How long is Campbell out for? Marv wrote in his book he would've given Collins another year if he had stayed on another year.

ublinkwescore
12-24-2007, 08:18 PM

:rofl: