For all the Bobby April Supporters: Special Teams have sucked the last two weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

For all the Bobby April Supporters: Special Teams have sucked the last two weeks

Take a look at the last couple of games. The special teams have made major gaffs resulting in turning points in the last two games. Last week at Cleveland a snap over Moorman's head results in a safety. Then he free kicks the ball out of bounds?? Gives Cleveland good field position and they kick in another FG.

Sunday: After a turnover, a ad penalty on Stamer (why wait so long to move?) results in a do over that results in a bad snap and Moorman eating the ball. Giants score two plays later. Then later in the game the Bills retake the lead and Whitner gets a roughing the kicker call...next play? Touchdown Giants.

Sorry, but the special teams have not been all that special lately. Where are those that called for April to be the HC??

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • YardRat
    Well, lookie here...
    • Dec 2004

Re: For all the Bobby April Supporters: Special Teams have sucked the last two weeks

It's been more than two weeks. You can't fault April for a player's mistakes on the field on individual plays really, but the squads have been making more plays for the opposing team than they have for us.

Moorman and Neil have struggled, especially with the bad weather. The KO return and coverage units have been playing sub-par for a while, and even though the punt coverage and return teams have been pretty solid they still haven't come up with too many big plays to help the team out.

I've never been an advocate of April to be HC anyway, but part of the units 'failures', just like the defensive side of the ball, is attributable to injuries and lack of cohesiveness.

Hopefully this will push the team in a little bit different direction next year...Instead of stocking the roster full of back-ups that are decent special teams players they will pay more attention to guys who can be solid at their regular position when needed and develop them into ST players also instead of trying to do the opposite.
    YardRat Wall of Fame
    #56 DARRYL TALLEY
    #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
      • May 2003

Re: For all the Bobby April Supporters: Special Teams have sucked the last two weeks

I would have to agree with in not being the coach as much as it being execution.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
        Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
        • Jan 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
        Where are those that called for April to be the HC??
        probably hiding under a rock since these past two weeks obviously gauge his overall merit of work. why get into an arguing match? you could be 100% right and still not win with some of the folks around here.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

with all the defensive injuries, where do you think we get the depth? Probably from the special teams units. There were two new players on the team this week. #49 and 54. guess where they played? Specia teams. Guess how long they've been playing special teams in the NFL on the Buffalo Bills. 1 week.

Give them a pass. The two bad snaps have been annoying and there is little to no reason for that to happen. but coverages, and returns are just not going to happen without the regulars out there.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

April is still da man!
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
              Zero for Zero!
              • Mar 2003

Of all the units on this team, STs are bound to the one most damaged due to the injuries.

It is catching up the Bills big time.
              Originally posted by mysticsoto
              Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                • Dec 2005

Ya. I don't think April is the problem at all. It's really piss-poor execution. That has to be due at least in part to all these injuries.

It's not just the last two weeks either. How many ****ing returns have been called back because of holds? Parrish had a punt return TD wiped out due to holding. We've also had a lot of McGee returns attached with an illegal block to it.

And Moorman for whatever reason, hasn't been as good with his punts this year either.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Michael82
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
                  And Moorman for whatever reason, hasn't been as good with his punts this year either.
                  That would be why they never should have changed to a different Long Snapper. Ryan Neill sucks. I want Mike Schneck back.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

I do like what Eb is doing with this thread though.
                    Originally posted by mysticsoto
                    Lecter is right in everything he said.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                      • Jan 2004

the wind has a lot to do with that too. his punts hit a certain point in the air and just die and go towards the sidelines. same thing was happening in cleveland. i think he's played fine this year. don't forget he's gotten a few first downs with his abilities as well. if it weren't for his conversion in the dallas game we might not have been as competetive, it changed the momentum of the game.

Comment

• Bone
                        Bone
                        • Oct 2006

Ya. I don't think April is the problem at all. It's really piss-poor execution. That has to be due at least in part to all these injuries.

It's not just the last two weeks either. How many ****ing returns have been called back because of holds? Parrish had a punt return TD wiped out due to holding. We've also had a lot of McGee returns attached with an illegal block to it.

Because Mike Shneck is not on the team.
                        BILLIEVE

Comment

• G. Host
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mikey82
                          That would be why they never should have changed to a different Long Snapper. Ryan Neill sucks. I want Mike Schneck back.
                          Mike Schneck is playing for Falcons now but I agree the snaps have been off recently and despite Neill's playing well after snap on coverage teams his primary job is snapping.

Some like Fox have been good additions to special teams; others like Whitner, a player not signed to play special teams first, have not been an asset.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            I do like what Eb is doing with this thread though.

I know...making people think critically on Christmas eve...how terrible of me...

but there are some REALLY GOOD comments in here....good job.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                            X