PDA

View Full Version : Did anybody hear about Kevin Everett?

Ebenezer
12-24-2007, 04:52 AM
According to Channel 4 he was at the stadium and did meet with his teammates and watched the game from a private booth. He didn't come out on the field and personally, I don't blame him. No need to risk further injury in those conditions. Ch. 4 said that there was an announcement made in the stadium that Everett was there. We were in the stadium at 12:05 and didn't hear a thing about it.

Anybody know what happened??

mybills
12-24-2007, 05:18 AM
He arrived with a towel over his head like a boxer. He went right in without an interview, because he doesn't like attention. It was wonderful to see him walking! :up:

YardRat
12-24-2007, 05:30 AM
I was a little surprised at how well he was able to move around...got out of the car with no help and appeared to be no hindrance or struggle with his gait. It was great to see.

SquishDaFish
12-24-2007, 06:26 AM
It was great to see.

shelby
12-24-2007, 06:39 AM
i didn't get to see him, but i'm glad he made it to the game, and i'm also glad they didn't make a public spectacle out of him.

trapezeus
12-24-2007, 09:51 AM
he was on my flight from new york to buffalo on Saturday night. he looked good and he was with his fiance. He was sitting in the first row of the plane and was waiting for the wheel chair. but he was able to walk out of the plane to the wheelchair.

He might not have played well as a player, but he's definitely got a lot of determination and a lot of strength to keep getting better at the rate he's going at.

Wys Guy
12-24-2007, 09:57 AM
They should have helped him make a halftime appearance. That's my take. It would have been encouraging for him I think. Perhaps he's very modest.

Mr. Miyagi
12-24-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm glad he didn't slip on ice. That would've been big news.

Michael82
12-24-2007, 10:38 AM
I'm betting he will lead the team out of the tunnel for home opener next year. :up:

God Bless you, Kevin Everett! :pray:

feelthepain
12-24-2007, 12:06 PM
According to Channel 4 he was at the stadium and did meet with his teammates and watched the game from a private booth. He didn't come out on the field and personally, I don't blame him. No need to risk further injury in those conditions. Ch. 4 said that there was an announcement made in the stadium that Everett was there. We were in the stadium at 12:05 and didn't hear a thing about it.

Anybody know what happened??

Great news to hear he's improving. I would love to see him return, but for obvious reasons I think it's best he just gets as healthy as he can and becomes a big part of the Buffalo community.

mybills
12-24-2007, 12:12 PM
Chris Berman & that Frank guy said this morning, that his appearance/walking was better than the super bowl. :up:

G Wolly
12-24-2007, 12:28 PM
He just went into the locker room but not the field because of the conditions.

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/4783/09000d5d8055d1a2galleryef1.th.jpg (http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=09000d5d8055d1a2galleryef1.jpg)

He watched the game from a suite

http://img100.imageshack.us/img100/215/09000d5d80562795galleryni7.th.jpg (http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=09000d5d80562795galleryni7.jpg)

shelby
12-24-2007, 12:34 PM
It had been a while since Kevin Everett felt the love from his Buffalo Bills teammates, so one of the first things he did was talk trash.
The big tight end targeted the outfit of Robert Royal, who in turn poked fun at Everett’s Gucci boots.
“I’m going to stay fresh no matter what,” Everett told him. “You need to get a pair.”
Everett then worked his way around the Bills’ locker room and Ralph Wilson Stadium, trading handshakes, hugs and laughter. It is nothing short of a miracle that Everett was able to walk and greet his teammates less than four months after suffering a severe spinal cord injury.
Everett spoke with his teammates prior to Sunday’s 38-21 loss to the New York Giants. There were doubts almost to the last minute that Everett would even attend the team’s home finale, and a source close to Everett told The Buffalo News on Saturday that he had reservations about being the center of attention at the game and had opted not to travel to Buffalo. He apparently had a change of heart and the Bills were thankful.
“It was absolutely a great gift to see Kevin and have him back with our football team,” Bills coach Dick Jauron said. “It’s hard to describe what it means to all of us.”
Everett entered the locker room in a wheelchair before getting up and walking around to talk to his teammates, some of whom hadn’t seen him since just days after he suffered the injury at the Bills’ home opener Sept. 9. The 25-year-old Everett was initially paralyzed from the neck down while attempting to tackle Denver’s Domenik Hixon.
“He’s doing the same things you and me are doing and that’s the amazing thing,” Royal said. “He couldn’t stand up for a long period of time but he was up for about an hour to an hour and a half on his own and walking around. God has touched him.”
He was the same old Kevin on Sunday, the one who like to play practical jokes. The same Kevin who pretended that he didn’t know Roscoe Parrish on one of his first visits to the hospital.
“That’s just the kind of guy he is and that’s the kind of bond that we have,” said Parrish, who was also his teammate at the University of Miami. “The guy was on the ground and people were saying stuff like, ‘You won’t make it again.’ Now he comes into the locker room walking.”

full story (http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/billsnfl/story/236206.html)