PDA

View Full Version : Catching up with ... Jake Delhomme

PA Season Ticket Holder
04-03-2003, 12:38 AM
April 2, 2003) -- Outside of New Orleans, not many people knew about Jake Delhomme until a 1999 game on Christmas Eve against Dallas. Delhomme, getting a shot in Week 16 because the Saints had only won two games with Billy Joe Tolliver and Billy Joe Hobert, romped the Cowboys and helped the Saints to an improbable 31-24 win. In his first NFL game, Delhomme passed for two touchdowns and ran for another while completing 16 of 27 passes for 278 yards.

Delhomme bided his time as a backup behind Aaron Brooks, not seeing any action on the playing field in 2000 or 2001. Last season, he played in four games, completing only 8 of 10 passes. It wasn't until this offseason that another team had a chance to sign Delhomme, who became an unrestricted free agent after five years in New Orleans. On March 5, coach John Fox and the Carolina Panthers stepped up to the plate, signing Delhomme to a two-year deal.

While participating in Carolina's offseason conditioning drills, the Louisiana native spent some time with NFL.com talking movies, cajun food and life as an NFL quarterback.

You're in North Carolina now. Is that where you'll spend most of your offseason?

Delhomme: The majority of my offseason is spent back in Breaux Bridge, La. That's my hometown and where my permanent residency is at.

Is there anything we should know about Breaux Bridge?

http://nfl.com/news/story/6292053

PA Season Ticket Holder
04-03-2003, 12:39 AM
Woops, wrong forum