PDA

View Full Version : The bills can get a better center!

njsue
12-24-2007, 08:28 AM
Melvin Fowler is average. This position needs a definite upgrade. Would love to see Jeff Saturday as a bill if he were up for free agency.

What center's are out there in free agency that you would like to see as a bill next season?

The Jokeman
12-24-2007, 08:49 AM
I haven't got time to analyze but here's the list from http://www.theredzone.org/2008/freeagents/showposition.asp?Position=C

Albright, Ethan UFA Redskins
Amano, Eugene UFA Titans
Davis, Rob UFA Packers
Denney, John RFA Dolphins
Dorenbos, Jon UFA Eagles
Faine, Jeff UFA Saints
Hodel, Nathan UFA Cardinals
Katula, Matt RFA Ravens
Kuehl, Ryan UFA Giants
Ladouceur, L.P. RFA Cowboys
McCollum, Andy UFA Rams
McKinney, Set UFA Browns
Mruczkowski, Gene UFA Dolphins
Myers, Chris RFA Broncos
Newberry, Jeremy UFA Raiders
Paxton, Lonnie UFA Patriots
Romberg, Brett UFA Rams
Smith, Wade UFA Jets
Stepanovich, Alex UFA Bengals
Tucker, Ross UFA Redskins
Wade, John UFA Buccaneers
Warren, Greg RFA Steelers
Wiegmann, Casey UFA Chiefs

Mr. Pink
12-24-2007, 08:59 AM
I'll take Ryan Kuehl for lang snapping next year.

Owen DeBoard
12-24-2007, 09:03 AM
It would be nice but I wouldnt hold my breath because Ralph has to get off the cash and he probably wont.

Mr. Pink
12-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Jeff Faine is probably the best name on that list for a starting center...Oddly enough if we sign him, he'll have replaced Melvin Fowler twice in his career.

The Jokeman
12-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Jeff Faine is probably the best name on that list for a starting center...Oddly enough if we sign him, he'll have replaced Melvin Fowler twice in his career.
and let me guess you'll be calling for us to sign LeCharles Bentley in two years? [/sarcasm]

Mr. Pink
12-24-2007, 09:22 AM
and let me guess you'll be calling for us to sign LeCharles Bentley in two years? [/sarcasm]

No offense to LeCharles, but I hope the Browns cut him this offseason. Two years of high salary and zero production. On top of the fact who knows if he'll ever be the same player. Sometimes it's better to cut your losses and move on.

The funnier part is Kuehl used to be the Browns long snapper back in the Gardocki days.

BillsPride12
12-25-2007, 07:55 PM
Man I still get depressed when I think of how we passed on Nick Mangold

Crisis
12-25-2007, 08:03 PM
Ross Tucker and Jon Dorenbos would definitely shore up the OL.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-25-2007, 08:16 PM
Albright, Ethan UFA Redskins

OK... wait a tick... we have Albright, Todd Collins, London Fletcher, and previously Andre Reed and Bruce Smith... is Washington where all the ex-Bills go to retire??

Losman4Life
12-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Melvin Fowler is average. This position needs a definite upgrade. Would love to see Jeff Saturday as a bill if he were up for free agency.

What center's are out there in free agency that you would like to see as a bill next season?

We should have never got rid of Trey Teague, he was a beast and the best center we had since Kent Hull. I would't mind resigning him if he's still out there.

yordad
12-25-2007, 11:15 PM
I don't think there are any FA upgrades available. This is the position of most concern to me. No immediate impacts available in the draft either. There is like one good one coming out, and we really can't afford a 1st or 2nd on one. If the Bills are set on trading Losman, maybe we can package him and Fowler for a good center.

TigerJ
12-26-2007, 11:53 AM
While I wouldn't mind an upgrade for Fowler, he still is at least an average center. For those who need their memories refreshed, that means he's OK. and there are centers out there who are worse. That means you don't need to make a knee jerk reaction as if this were an emergency. My suspicion is that Buffalo will draft a promising center like Steve Justice, and give him a year in the weight room to add 30 lbs of muscle.

njsue
12-27-2007, 03:42 PM
We should have never got rid of Trey Teague, he was a beast and the best center we had since Kent Hull. I would't mind resigning him if he's still out there.

Trey Teague was a lousy center.

IN MARV LEVY I DO TRUST!