PDA

View Full Version : Build a domed stadium already

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2007, 09:25 AM
That weather sucked balls yesterday.

Dr. Lecter
12-24-2007, 09:27 AM
No. No domes. Domes suck. Football is not an indoor game.

BTW Thurm, if the stadium is on the waterfront like you want, taligating will be like that often.

Mr. Pink
12-24-2007, 09:30 AM
Awww Corey, was it too cold for you?

Football is meant to be played in the elements!

Cntrygal
12-24-2007, 09:30 AM
I vote NO DOME.

dannyek71
12-24-2007, 09:31 AM
Yesterday was no fun, but it was basically the worst mother nature could throw at us.

It was no fun after the game, but I was loving every minute of the game until we got down 38-21

Dr. Lecter
12-24-2007, 09:31 AM

I am guessing he did not wear his cold weather skirt!

Mr. Pink
12-24-2007, 09:32 AM
I am guessing he did not wear his cold weather skirt!

He should have worn a full leotard instead of his thigh high fishnets too!

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2007, 09:33 AM
No. No domes. Domes suck. Football is not an indoor game.

BTW Thurm, if the stadium is on the waterfront like you want, taligating will be like that often.
I lived downtown for years. Don't remember it raining anymore down there then anywhere else.

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2007, 09:35 AM

Who wasn't it too cold for? It was 35 degrees and a complete downpour of rain. Who could really enjoy that? Lets not act like hard asses and be sensible.

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2007, 09:35 AM
I had layers upon layers of completely drenched clothes.

Dr. Lecter
12-24-2007, 09:37 AM
I lived downtown for years. Don't remember it raining anymore down there then anywhere else.

The wind is much worse coming off the lake.

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2007, 09:40 AM
The wind is much worse coming off the lake.
Eh the Wind always is horrible at the Ralph too!

Plus if we have a dome you can endure the 4 to 5 hours of tailgaiting and then warm up in the game. I Was soaked from 9am to 4pm yesterday. It was terrible.

YardRat
12-24-2007, 09:42 AM
I wasn't there yesterday, but I've been to others in the past in similar weather.

Just above freezing, cold rain and wind...The worst. Better to be in the twenties or less and snowing.

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2007, 09:43 AM
I wasn't there yesterday, but I've been to others in the past in similar weather.

Just above freezing, cold rain and wind...The worst. Better to be in the twenties or less and snowing.
It would have been fine if it were snowing.

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2007, 09:43 AM
There was a fight right near us that was out of control. Santa Claus was involved and one dude was stomping out someone.

Dr. Lecter
12-24-2007, 09:48 AM

Wear a parka or rain gear.

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2007, 09:50 AM
Wear a parka or rain gear.
I was wearing a waterproof coat. It was soaked too. It just kinda came in through the top.

Why don't we just build a dome? That would be easier.

bills&sabresmvf
12-24-2007, 09:51 AM
A dome would be more comfortable...sure. But when was the last time we were *****ing for a dome? We weren't saying that in 2002 when Miami was here. I think because the cold weather dampens this team we freak out. During the 90's those super bowl year guys werent' used to this weather either. They adapted. It'll take a few times out there to get used to the changes you have to make during that type of weather. Happy Holidays, Jokers!

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2007, 09:55 AM
Just saying that game yesterday was one of the most uncomforatable days of my life.....

Dr. Lecter
I was wearing a waterproof coat. It was soaked too. It just kinda came in through the top.

Why don't we just build a dome? That would be easier.

Because football is an outdoor game.

Wys Guy

If you would, describe that experience for us Thurm.

:D

Otherwise, great idea what with the WNY economy booming and all and all the new businesses populating the area as one of the nation's top growth regions.

;)

Merry Christmas Thurm!!! (seriously)

:smile:

Historian
12-24-2007, 09:57 AM
I wore my Nike storm fit golf pants, along with my Bills poncho and I was perfectly dry after the game.

YardRat
12-24-2007, 10:02 AM
I wore my Nike storm fit golf pants, along with my Bills poncho and I was perfectly dry after the game.

Golf gear is the best for keeping out the water.

Mr. Pink
12-24-2007, 10:09 AM
Just saying that game yesterday was one of the most uncomforatable days of my life.....

If you can't stand the weather, stay home nancy boy!

Seriously though, you have to dress properly for the conditions.

It's not like we got hit by this freak wind rain snow mixture storm thing at the last second.

And if you don't want to get wet between 9am and 1230ish...you and your buddies that tailgate should chip and get a tent/awning thing to stay under.

And lastly, I thought Buffalo and weather were synonymous. Hell, fans used to cheer for the snow back in the day. It was the 13th man.

I'm willing to bet that if the team was good and winning, no one would mention the weather.

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2007, 10:15 AM
If you would, describe that experience for us Thurm.

:D

Otherwise, great idea what with the WNY economy booming and all and all the new businesses populating the area as one of the nation's top growth regions.

;)

Merry Christmas Thurm!!! (seriously)

:smile:
I was soaked and Icicles were forming on my glasses.

Didn't say it was plausable but Just what I wanted.

You have a good christmas as well!!! :hi5:

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2007, 10:21 AM
If you can't stand the weather, stay home nancy boy!

Seriously though, you have to dress properly for the conditions.

It's not like we got hit by this freak wind rain snow mixture storm thing at the last second.

And if you don't want to get wet between 9am and 1230ish...you and your buddies that tailgate should chip and get a tent/awning thing to stay under.

And lastly, I thought Buffalo and weather were synonymous. Hell, fans used to cheer for the snow back in the day. It was the 13th man.

I'm willing to bet that if the team was good and winning, no one would mention the weather.
I haven't missed a Bills home game in 6 years sir!

A tent would have blown away yesterday.

Mr. Pink
12-24-2007, 10:24 AM
I haven't missed a Bills home game in 6 years sir!

A tent would have blown away yesterday.

SAND BAGS!

I've been to plenty of bad weather games in my life...the worst being a Browns-Colts game in 2000 I believe. That's the only game I've left ever before the final whistle sounded.

And I left because I was a ****** who didn't dress properly for the elements.

RockStar36
12-24-2007, 10:35 AM
They might as well build a dome for Edwards

RockStar36
12-24-2007, 10:38 AM
I don't like domes but I understand what Thurm is saying. I've been to a few Bills games that are so miserable I do more clock watching than game watching.

FlyingDutchman
12-24-2007, 11:13 AM
Screw a dome. But more importantly, screw the field house. Its turned these guys soft. Practice where you play. What happend to the years when all this crappy weather was an advantage?

Bill Brasky
12-24-2007, 11:21 AM
i wore tennis shoes, a pair of socks, jeans, a hoody and my jersey (took a poncho as well) and i was fine. soaked but whatever, it is what it is. the wind made it worse than it really was.

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2007, 11:25 AM
i wore tennis shoes, a pair of socks, jeans, a hoody and my jersey (took a poncho as well) and i was fine. soaked but whatever, it is what it is. the wind made it worse than it really was.
The wind is what did it. I agree.

im4bflo
12-24-2007, 11:26 AM
Domes are for pussys

Bill Brasky
12-24-2007, 11:28 AM
actually reminded me of the new england game last year. that sucked for tailgating, wasn't as windy but it was just as cold and rainy.

Bone
12-24-2007, 11:29 AM
A dome in Buffalo?! Your a funny guy Thurm

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2007, 11:30 AM
Why is it so funny?

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Who actually likes sitting in weather like that? As we saw it didn't aid our players in the least(looks like it hurt)

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2007, 11:32 AM
Retractable dome is fine with me. I don't even mind having it open for cold games but For crap like that it would be perfect to close up.

Bill Brasky
12-24-2007, 11:33 AM
i just like watching football outside... especially in the snow. a dome negates that. if we have to put up with a game or two worth of crappy weather to get six games of great weather, so be it.

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2007, 11:34 AM
i just like watching football outside... especially in the snow. a dome negates that. if we have to put up with a game or two worth of crappy weather to get six games of great weather, so be it.
I suppose you are right. Yesterday was horrendous though.

Bill Brasky
12-24-2007, 11:38 AM
I suppose you are right. Yesterday was horrendous though.

i won't argue there. total buzzkill on the tailgating.

G. Host
12-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Next year it will not make a difference anyways for that game will be played in Toronto next time. Does that make you happier Thurm?

feelthepain
12-24-2007, 12:02 PM

It should be an advantage for the Bills, why take that away and make the trip to Buffalo eaiser??

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2007, 12:38 PM
Next year it will not make a difference anyways for that game will be played in Toronto next time. Does that make you happier Thurm?
Yes.

THATHURMANATOR
12-24-2007, 12:38 PM
It should be an advantage for the Bills, why take that away and make the trip to Buffalo eaiser??
Looked like the Giants had the weather advantage yesterday.

feelthepain
12-24-2007, 12:40 PM
Looked like the Giants had the weather advantage yesterday.

The weather had nothing to do with why the Bills losy yesterday.

im4bflo
12-24-2007, 02:26 PM
The weather had nothing to do with why the Bills losy yesterday.

Look at the FAIRWEATHER Fishfan, back from hiding after the BUFFALO SWEEP!
Still FEELINGthePAIN? :squish:

feelthepain
12-24-2007, 04:23 PM
Look at the FAIRWEATHER Fishfan, back from hiding after the BUFFALO SWEEP!
Still FEELINGthePAIN? :squish:

How are the playoffs??? Oh that's right, you wouldn't know either!!

im4bflo
12-24-2007, 04:25 PM
How are the playoffs??? Oh that's right, you wouldn't know either!!

STFU Fairweather, your kind makes us :puke:
Just let the SWEEP sink in :squish:

Michael82
12-24-2007, 07:44 PM
Yesterday was no fun, but it was basically the worst mother nature could throw at us.

It was no fun after the game, but I was loving every minute of the game until we got down 38-21
Good post. I was loving every moment of it too, until Trent threw that ugly pass that was tipped and intercepted for a touchdown. :ill: Crappy weather or not, it was fun when they were winning.

Michael82
12-24-2007, 07:45 PM
My wallet and money are still soaked! It was the worst weather game I have ever been to, worse than last week. But I still vote NO DOME!

Dr. Lecter
12-24-2007, 07:58 PM
My wallet and money are still soaked! It was the worst weather game I have ever been to, worse than last week. But I still vote NO DOME!

It was not worse than Cleveland.

G. Host
12-24-2007, 08:02 PM
Do you know money soaked is no good? But because you are such a good poster send it to me and I'll send new bills back to you, 10 cents on the dollar.

Worst game I ever went to was the blizzard bowl which went into overtime with freezing rain going sideways through stadium. Less than 10,000 die hards were left at point we lost including those in club seats. Glad I spent Saturday with my wife rather than driving up for the game.

Michael82
12-24-2007, 08:31 PM
no, but I felt worse afterwards. :ill:

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2007, 09:11 AM
I would easily take the Cleveland weather than Rain and 34 degrees.

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2007, 09:14 AM
The tailgate was bad for the last hour. The wind off the lake was brutal and the walk back to the car was miserable.

HHURRICANE
12-26-2007, 09:34 AM

I think a dome is starting to look like a good idea. I like winter games but the last 2 weeks haven't been much fun or a good indicator of the better team winning.

Michael82
12-26-2007, 03:15 PM
The tailgate was bad for the last hour. The wind off the lake was brutal and the walk back to the car was miserable.
Good point.

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2007, 03:27 PM
If it were a blizzard I would have been fine. I was layered like a MOFO had warm socks Waterproof boots and good gloves. But it poured 34 degree rain on me like a monsoon and chilled me to the bone. Then the winds picked up and started blowing like crazy. It was seriously like Jumping into lake erie and then standing in a freezer.

G. Host
12-26-2007, 03:35 PM
The cost does not justify the need for a few games a year.
Some years it does not even matter for weather does not get that bad.

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2007, 03:38 PM
I agree Ghost. I was more just venting right after the game.

The only thing I can't agree with is people who act like they loved that type of weather. I have to think they are lying to look cool or tough. How could someone like being soaked and almost getting hyperthermia?

G. Host
12-26-2007, 03:41 PM
I think some people are built better for cold than others. I went to school with a guy who wore a ball cap and light gloves outside all winter but t-shirt and shorts as well. He wore the cap because he got cold otherwise and gloves so his hands did not get frostbite.

THATHURMANATOR
12-26-2007, 03:43 PM
I think some people are built better for cold than others. I went to school with a guy who wore a ball cap and light gloves outside all winter but t-shirt and shorts as well. He wore the cap because he got cold otherwise and gloves so his hands did not get frostbite.
It is mostly mental toughness if you ask me. I am never going to complain about cold weather or snow UNLESS it rains.

yordad
12-26-2007, 03:51 PM

Why don't we just build a dome? That would be easier.It would be easier to build a dome then wear a poncho?

Just kidding. I wouldn't mind a dome one bit.

Night Train
12-26-2007, 04:41 PM
It's all baseless talk until Ralph passes on and the next ownership group decides whether the Bills will stay here long term.

G. Host
12-26-2007, 04:45 PM
It's all baseless talk until Ralph passes on and the next ownership group decides whether the Bills will stay here long term.
Not necessarily if they wanted to make Bills stay in Buffalo they could structure a deal forcing next owner to stay for quite a while. I do not think it will happen for political system in New York is so bad however.

Cntrygal
12-26-2007, 05:46 PM

I was stationed with a guy like that (he was from Wyoming) - when we were in the field we would all be huddled around the tent heater and he would be laying on his cot as far away from the heat as possible with one of the exterior duct openings (normally tied shut) - open blowing outside air directly on him as he slept on top of his sleeping bag. Our usual topic of conversation normally included how crazy we thought he was.