PDA

View Full Version : I don't know what game you guys watched but this is what I saw....

BILLSROCK1212
12-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Trent had a pretty good game. Yeah he had 3 INTs, two of which you could blame on the recievers. Edwards was sitting back there with all the time in the world when Peters was in but Kirk Chambers, to be nice flat out sucks and Trent knows that from their experience together at Stanford. The defense played a solid game with a couple INTs and Digorgio along with McCargo made a couple key tackles in the backfield as well as some other guys but with the Bills offense either scoring quickly or making stupid and some inexcusable mistakes the defense didn't have time to rest. The past two games I also think Jauron has wished he had kept Mike Schneck instead of Ryan Neil.
Overall I think Trent showed he can make plays and now with a full offseason should be able to come back next season and lead us on a playoff run. Today only made me more excited for next season. GO BILLS!!!!

billsburgh
12-24-2007, 10:07 AM
The defense played a solid game with a couple INTs
What, you call giving up close to 300 yards rushing a solid game?

BILLSROCK1212
12-24-2007, 10:16 AM
tough to watch I admit, but the size of Jacobs compared to our team is pretty big and is something Marv will have to take care of during the offseason, Bradshaw also did a nice job but that wasn't because of his size, we do need to take care our run defense but other than that I think we played a decent game....I am just trying to be positive but you just ask for the negative stuff. When isn't there negative stuff in a game?

YardRat
12-24-2007, 10:42 AM
The D was gashed for almost half of that total on two runs. Still, it is what it is.

It's a very young team, and a banged up team to boot and all that is catching up to us in spots.

Next year we'll be more experienced and more talented, hopefully, in a couple of key positions. Couple that with a new OC, a few more breaks and a few less injuries and we should be in the playoffs.

BILLSROCK1212
12-24-2007, 12:30 PM
The D was gashed for almost half of that total on two runs. Still, it is what it is.

It's a very young team, and a banged up team to boot and all that is catching up to us in spots.

Next year we'll be more experienced and more talented, hopefully, in a couple of key positions. Couple that with a new OC, a few more breaks and a few less injuries and we should be in the playoffs.
If we have a good offseason we'll be one of the best teams in the league but that is a big IF.

losman420
12-24-2007, 12:49 PM
I thought trent looked pretty good inthe first quarter, i saw the game up to midway through the second then fox had technical problems/or time warner, not sure. But either way i couldn't watch the rest, so i have no idea how he looked the rest of the game.

Michael82
12-24-2007, 01:48 PM
:lmao:

patmoran2006
12-24-2007, 01:51 PM
I may be one of the biggest Trent "marks" on this board, but he was terrible in the second half.

I'm not even talking about the picks. Two of them I dont feel were his fault. But he missed on quite a few open passes, rushed a lot of things and even locked in too quickly a few times; things that are NOT characteristic of him.

Unlike some others on here though, I'm far from worried about it. Trent will be fine. He needs better weapons and with the experience he's gotten in big games this year, he'll be a lot better next season.

justasportsfan
12-24-2007, 02:00 PM
Trent had a pretty good game.

I don't blame him for the loss but a pretty good game? If thats the case , then JP is a pretty good qb. Trent had a JP like game against good D's.

TacklingDummy
12-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Trent, McGee, Whitner, Moorman, The D-line, all sucked ass yesterday.

Losman4Life
12-24-2007, 02:09 PM
Trent had a pretty good game. Yeah he had 3 INTs, two of which you could blame on the recievers. Edwards was sitting back there with all the time in the world when Peters was in but Kirk Chambers, to be nice flat out sucks and Trent knows that from their experience together at Stanford. The defense played a solid game with a couple INTs and Digorgio along with McCargo made a couple key tackles in the backfield as well as some other guys but with the Bills offense either scoring quickly or making stupid and some inexcusable mistakes the defense didn't have time to rest. The past two games I also think Jauron has wished he had kept Mike Schneck instead of Ryan Neil.
Overall I think Trent showed he can make plays and now with a full offseason should be able to come back next season and lead us on a playoff run. Today only made me more excited for next season. GO BILLS!!!!

Edwards blows!

With JP we would have crushed the giants yesterday. Get a clue!

Michael82
12-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Edwards blows!

With JP we would have crushed the giants yesterday. Get a clue!
I'm a JP fan, but :rofl: That is the funniest thing I have ever heard!

:laughing:

BILLSROCK1212
12-24-2007, 09:48 PM
in all seriousness Losman can be a great QB but he needs the right coaches and we don't have the right ones for him

Philagape
12-24-2007, 09:51 PM
I'm a JP fan, but :rofl: That is the funniest thing I have ever heard!

:laughing:

Why is there always someone who confuses a football board with a comedy club?

Philagape
12-24-2007, 09:51 PM
And I'm optimistic about Trent, but it was definitely not a "good game."

HHURRICANE
12-25-2007, 03:32 PM
And I'm optimistic about Trent, but it was definitely not a "good game."

Trent didn't have a good game but people want to ignore the weather which changed the entire game once the front moved in. 50 mph winds are going to make balls go everywhere and his mistakes were in the 4th against the wind.

With that said I understand fans desires to have the "right guy, right now."

I will say that I was hopeful with JP. With Trent I'm confident that we have the right guy. All of the things I'm seeing from him tell me that he can compete at a high level.

justasportsfan
12-25-2007, 04:01 PM
Trent didn't have a good game but people want to ignore the weather which changed the entire game once the front moved in. 50 mph winds are going to make balls go everywhere and his mistakes were in the 4th against the wind.

With that said I understand fans desires to have the "right guy, right now."

I will say that I was hopeful with JP. With Trent I'm confident that we have the right guy. All of the things I'm seeing from him tell me that he can compete at a high level.
more excuses.

HHURRICANE
12-25-2007, 04:07 PM
more excuses.

As usual you hate facts and never retort with any.

Any you won't here either.

justasportsfan
12-25-2007, 04:14 PM
As usual you hate facts and never retort with any.

Any you won't here either.

NO, I hate excuses. Excuses are for losers.

I'm sure Trent isn't sitting around blaming the weather. He's prbably thinking of getting better in these conditions. You're the one one most likely making the excuses for him.

Philagape
12-25-2007, 04:36 PM

Fairchild ... Moolarkey ... offensive line .... cough cough

Typ0
12-25-2007, 06:34 PM

I'm sure Trent isn't sitting around blaming the weather. He's prbably thinking of getting better in these conditions. You're the one one most likely making the excuses for him.

There is a difference between making excuses and adjusting your expectations given some parameters.

justasportsfan
12-25-2007, 06:48 PM
There is a difference between making excuses and adjusting your expectations given some parameters.
please. It's an excuse. No ones ever made ecsues for JP because he didn't struggle. IN the future (meaning , I've accepted hi is our qb, meaning I haven't up on him) he either deals with such weather conditions if he is to be our future.

You can use the rookie excuse , I'll accept that. But weather? the other qb's play in the same condition and are visitors.

G. Host
12-25-2007, 06:57 PM
please. It's an excuse. No ones ever made ecsues for JP because he didn't struggle.
:rofl: That was the whole purpose of the Amigos / JP Defend against all mistakes league!

justasportsfan
12-25-2007, 06:59 PM
:rofl: That was the whole purpose of the Amigos / JP Defend against all mistakes league!
the very same people that are making the same excuses for trent. Same excuses, different qb.

G. Host
12-25-2007, 07:02 PM
the very same people that are making the same excuses for trent. Same excuses, different qb.
Really? djjimkelly was one of the leaders of that crew and is not making excuses for trent. I think we need some bumps of posts to remind people who attacked any one who said anything bad regarding Losman and any coach/player who did not treat him like our savior.

And you proved my point with citing "same excuses for trent".

justasportsfan
12-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Really? djjimkelly was one of the leaders of that crew and is not making excuses for trent. I think we need some bumps of posts to remind people who attacked any one who said anything bad regarding Losman and any coach/player who did not treat him like our savior.

And you proved my point with citing "same excuses for trent".I wasn't just talking about djjimkelly. I'm not even sure if he was a JPD back then.

G. Host
12-25-2007, 07:23 PM
I wasn't just talking about djjimkelly. I'm not even sure if he was a JPD back then.

Like I said we need to bump some of those threads like they did with Lindell theads. As I quote you: "No ones ever made ecsues for JP because he didn't struggle." Now I know "ecsues" is not a real word but quite a number of people made reasons/factors in JP's struggles.

YardRat
12-25-2007, 07:26 PM

I see the posts differently, I guess....The same people that made excuses for Losman aren't willing to give the same courtesy to Edwards. The arguments may be the same, but the people making them are different.

Typ0
12-25-2007, 07:57 PM
please. It's an excuse. No ones ever made ecsues for JP because he didn't struggle. IN the future (meaning , I've accepted hi is our qb, meaning I haven't up on him) he either deals with such weather conditions if he is to be our future.

You can use the rookie excuse , I'll accept that. But weather? the other qb's play in the same condition and are visitors.

can you correct the grammar in this I truly have no idea what you are talking about.

HHURRICANE
12-25-2007, 09:26 PM

Yeah, Eli and Anderson played worse than Trent but the weather had nothing to do with it. You act like it was just a typical winter game.

I sat in the stadium during all of Kelly's games and he never saw what Trent saw in two weeks. I remember a game in '87 where it was a pretty bad rain and some gusty winds but it didin't even compare.

With your logic than Browns fans were ready to cut Anderson after his performance two weeks ago.

I don't want to make excuses. I don't know how to judge his performance because the conditions were ridiculous. The Pittsburgh game against Miami was a similar situation. Pittsburgh won 3-0. The only reason that Miami was in the game was because of the field and anybody could have won it. Does that mean that Miami is just as good a team?

TigerJ
12-26-2007, 09:29 PM
I may be one of the biggest Trent "marks" on this board, but he was terrible in the second half.

I'm not even talking about the picks. Two of them I dont feel were his fault. But he missed on quite a few open passes, rushed a lot of things and even locked in too quickly a few times; things that are NOT characteristic of him.

Unlike some others on here though, I'm far from worried about it. Trent will be fine. He needs better weapons and with the experience he's gotten in big games this year, he'll be a lot better next season.

I pretty much agree with you. Trent didn't have a real good game. He had a pretty bad game, but a lot of Bills had bad games. I was hoping the Bills would finish strong, but I still think this is a wild card team next season.

Wys Guy
12-26-2007, 09:33 PM

As long as McCargo makes some key tackles.

That's the important thing ya've gotta realize here.

;)

Wys Guy
12-26-2007, 09:34 PM
I pretty much agree with you. Trent didn't have a real good game. He had a pretty bad game, but a lot of Bills had bad games. I was hoping the Bills would finish strong, but I still think this is a wild card team next season.

Based on what precisely?

The notion that it may end up having beaten the last NFC wild card team to make the playoffs under extreme mitigating circumstances and just barely while not beating one other even remotely solid team?

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2007, 09:35 PM
As long as McCargo makes some key tackles.

That's the important thing ya've gotta realize here.

;)

Speaking of McCargo.......

If he plays this week, he made it the entire season. And the Bills rush defense is giving up 4.4 yards a carry, down from 4.7 last year.

One game left......

djjimkelly
12-26-2007, 09:41 PM

And you proved my point with citing "same excuses for trent".

trust me i cursed when JP struggled however im mad at this change becuz it wasnt the right move.

i truly believe there is something else behind this qb switch. JP's bonus and so on.

also i know several bears fans who i know from various online things and they said jauron did this exact same thing when he was with the bears with the qb position in fact they said even worse. and not one of them thinks hes a good coach BTW

i truly wont be mad once we grab a new legit qb prospect. i was never on board with trent i think we could have spent that 3rd on something we actually needed this season. and i truly think JP was just starting to get it. its great we groomed him for someone elses team.

but then again what 1st round pick havent we axed after his 1st contract over the last 10 years. its a trend

Wys Guy
12-26-2007, 09:42 PM
Speaking of McCargo.......

If he plays this week, he made it the entire season. And the Bills rush defense is giving up 4.4 yards a carry, down from 4.7 last year.

One game left......

I've already penciled ya in!

Not to worry.

That does not alter the fact that our team sucks just for the record. Statistically it's only better than San Francisco. That says so little given that we did so much to fix the O that it's not even worth discussing.

Dr. Lecter
12-26-2007, 09:48 PM
I've already penciled ya in!

Not to worry.

That does not alter the fact that our team sucks just for the record. Statistically it's only better than San Francisco. That says so little given that we did so much to fix the O that it's not even worth discussing.

What is more important:

A team's stats or a team's record?

LtFinFan66
12-26-2007, 09:52 PM
ask FTP

Wys Guy
12-26-2007, 10:02 PM
What is more important:

A team's stats or a team's record?

Their ability to perform well on the field. If it just so happens that their schedule includes 16 games against teams that all finish ranked from 1st thru 16th which in turn means finishing 10-6, then great.

If on the other hand it means not having such a team and having a schedule filled with teams that are all ranked from 20th to 32nd, and the only way that that team beat them is by stringing out games until the very last minute, not even being able to outperform them in fundamentally sound football, mano-a-mano, in the trenches first, yet to go 12-4, win the division, and make the playoffs, while having a team that doesn't have a chance at beating a team ranked among the top 12 or so that would typically make the playoffs, much less of doing it three or four straight times, then that is unacceptable.

Either way, glad to see that you may be quite content with another losing record.

I can see why our fan interests don't align.

:smile:

G. Host
12-27-2007, 08:55 AM
but then again what 1st round pick havent we axed after his 1st contract over the last 10 years. its a trend
Here are the histories of our first round picks - what would you have changed?
<table border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>1996</td><td>Eric Moulds</td><td>Mississippi State</td><td width="30">WR</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">Extended / traded to Texans / Titans
</td></tr><tr><td>1997</td><td>Antowain Smith</td><td>Houston</td><td width="30">RB</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">Patriots / Texans / Saints / retired
</td></tr><tr><td>1999</td><td>Antoine Winfield</td><td>Ohio State</td><td width="30">DB</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">2004 Signed by Vikings in front loaded contract
</td></tr><tr><td>2000</td><td>Erik Flowers</td><td>Arizona State</td><td width="30">DE</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">cut / Texans / cut / Rams / cut / Falcons / cut / CFL / injured
</td></tr><tr><td>2001</td><td>Nate Clements</td><td>OhioState</td><td width="30">DB</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">Signed by 49ers in highest contract of the year
</td></tr><tr><td>2002</td><td>Mike Williams</td><td>Texas</td><td width="30">T</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">cut / Jaguars / 2006 IR
</td></tr><tr><td>2003</td><td>Willis McGahee</td><td>Miami(FL)</td><td width="30">RB</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">Ass traded to Ravens
</td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;">2004
</td><td>Lee Evans</td><td>Wisconsin</td><td width="30">WR</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">Here</td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;">2004
</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">JP Losman
</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">Tulane
</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">QB
</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">Still here
</td></tr></tbody></table>

justasportsfan
12-27-2007, 10:15 AM
Yeah, Eli and Anderson played worse than Trent but the weather had nothing to do with it. You act like it was just a typical winter game.? where is the team located? Winter is winter. If he can't play in winter where playoffs are mostly decided , then he can go play for a tropical weather team.

I sat in the stadium during all of Kelly's games and he never saw what Trent saw in two weeks. I remember a game in '87 where it was a pretty bad rain and some gusty winds but it didin't even compare.

With your logic than Browns fans were ready to cut Anderson after his performance two weeks ago.

I don't want to make excuses. I don't know how to judge his performance because the conditions were ridiculous. ?You don't want to make excuses but you keep making them anyways. So far, Trent hasn't had a decent December. Maybe he'll learn maybe he won't. I haven't given up on him but lets call a spade a spade. So far, bad winter qb.

I don't care about Anderson or any other qb. I care about the bills qb being able to play in these conditions.

The Pittsburgh game against Miami was a similar situation. Pittsburgh won 3-0. The only reason that Miami was in the game was because of the field and anybody could have won it. Does that mean that Miami is just as good a team?

The jaguars beat Pitts at Pitts in the snow. Garard didn't need a weather excuse.

This is the buffalo bills. We're suppose to thrive in bad weather conditions. If we can't do that, might as well bring in the toronto argos to play for us in december.

djjimkelly
12-27-2007, 10:26 AM
<table border="1" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr><td>1996</td><td>Eric Moulds</td><td>Mississippi State</td><td width="30">WR</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">Extended / traded to Texans / Titans
</td></tr><tr><td>1997</td><td>Antowain Smith</td><td>Houston</td><td width="30">RB</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">Patriots / Texans / Saints / retired
</td></tr><tr><td>1999</td><td>Antoine Winfield</td><td>Ohio State</td><td width="30">DB</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">2004 Signed by Vikings in front loaded contract
</td></tr><tr><td>2000</td><td>Erik Flowers</td><td>Arizona State</td><td width="30">DE</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">cut / Texans / cut / Rams / cut / Falcons / cut / CFL / injured
</td></tr><tr><td>2001</td><td>Nate Clements</td><td>OhioState</td><td width="30">DB</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">Signed by 49ers in highest contract of the year
</td></tr><tr><td>2002</td><td>Mike Williams</td><td>Texas</td><td width="30">T</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">cut / Jaguars / 2006 IR
</td></tr><tr><td>2003</td><td>Willis McGahee</td><td>Miami(FL)</td><td width="30">RB</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">Ass traded to Ravens
</td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;">2004
</td><td>Lee Evans</td><td>Wisconsin</td><td width="30">WR</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">Here</td></tr><tr><td style="vertical-align: top;">2004
</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">JP Losman
</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">Tulane
</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">QB
</td><td style="vertical-align: top;">Still here
</td></tr></tbody></table>

like i said what 1st rounder have we kept to build around moulds was the last the rest was either a bust like flowers and williams (and im still not sure williams was a bust i think we made sure of it that he was) or we got rid of the others when 1st contract was done.

trust me JP and evans are both gone too once their deals are up

djjimkelly
12-27-2007, 10:27 AM
we also could have been proactive with winfield or clements deals

justasportsfan
12-27-2007, 10:28 AM
the coaches.