PDA

View Full Version : The Truth

Mr. Miyagi
12-24-2007, 10:22 AM
The truth is, Donte Whitner sucks. We need to cut him.

So does Trent Edwards. Cut him now and draft another QB.

Evans and Lynch were terrible yesterday. Screw them too.

While we're at it, let's tear down Jim Kelly's number from the Wall of Fame. The loser lost us 4 SBs in a row damn it.

Let's just move to Canada and change our name to Toronto Blue Balls and start over.

That's what we need.

patmoran2006
12-24-2007, 10:41 AM
If people want to sign the praise of the team when they win; they deserve to blast-off when they play as bad as they have the past two weeks.

They've been brutal against good teams and deserve a lot of criticism.

YardRat
12-24-2007, 10:45 AM
It pisses some people off to continually have to take the 'just wait until next year' attitude but , personally, I'm pretty happy to have a 'next year' to look forward to.

I'm a helluva lot more optimistic going into this off season than I was last year.

shelby
12-24-2007, 11:18 AM
:rofl::miyagi:

Wys Guy
12-24-2007, 12:56 PM

While we're at it, let's tear down Jim Kelly's number from the Wall of Fame. The loser lost us 4 SBs in a row damn it.

Let's just move to Canada and change our name to Toronto Blue Balls and start over.

That's what we need.

Just like some here to use satire to attempt to apply reverse psychology in attempting to paint a far rosier picture than exists.

Here are some truths:

To date as a team we've allowed 26 more points in one less game than we did all season last year.

To date we're 57 points behind our scoring total from last year and we all agree that what should have taken the field this year is at absolute minimum a marginally improved offense, yet the opposite has played itself out in spite no downturn and only upturns in player talent on the offensive side of the ball. Injuries there were almost nonexistent and other for Peters in this past game backups filled in at least as well as starters.

We've scored nearly 100 points (94) less than we've allowed, something that only 7 teams have allowed a greater differential for/against them; Miami, Baltimore, Oakland, KC, Atlanta, San Francisco, and St. Louis.

Our D is supposed to be disruptive to the extent that it hampers opposing Os, but the only time that we've been successful is when our opponents have disintegrated within themselves or against merely pathetic offenses and or imbalanced ones.

Our O was supposed to be significantly upgraded with Lynch replacing McGahee coupled with both pricey and huge (as in literally large) OL additions. Yet, even with Losman, our O hasn't even come close to last season's scoring or ball movement.

There's more, but that alone should be enough to cause anyone to question the real direction that this team is headed in.

Thus far we've relied on wins over teams like Miami and the Jets for four of our seven wins with no other impressive win on the season. Even last year we had a decent win or two.

Wys Guy
12-24-2007, 12:59 PM
If people want to sign the praise of the team when they win; they deserve to blast-off when they play as bad as they have the past two weeks.

They've gotten worse and have actually regressed in what should have been a very pivotal year in revelation of things to come.

Next year is year three and there is absolutely no excuse in an era of free agency such as this for not having this team posting a winning season with at least a couple of wins over decent teams as a part of our winning slate if in fact the methodology put into place by Levy/Dick is actually a viable one.

It isn't, so we will find that out next season too. These guys continue to tinker with outside-in efforts to improve and keep making poor draft choices and free agent acquisitions.

G Wolly
12-24-2007, 01:02 PM

That's what we need.

Why stop there?

Let's use the stadium as the city dump

Let's hunt down every person with Bills merch

And we'll all become Pats, Fins, and Jets diehards instead

Mr. Miyagi
12-24-2007, 05:04 PM
No I think I'll start watching WNBA. :ill:

G Wolly
12-24-2007, 05:28 PM
No I think I'll start watching WNBA. :ill:

and LPGA?

ublinkwescore
12-24-2007, 08:23 PM

I've got the solution - demote Jauron to a preparation assistant coach, and a talent evaluator, and bring in Schottenheimer, or Cowher, or John Fox if he gets fired by Carolina and show them the god d@mn money ralph.

BillsFever21
12-24-2007, 11:15 PM
It pisses some people off to continually have to take the 'just wait until next year' attitude but , personally, I'm pretty happy to have a 'next year' to look forward to.

I'm a helluva lot more optimistic going into this off season than I was last year.

Ok. So last year we were 7-9 and you didn't have any optimism going into this season. Now this season when our units are still ranked at the bottom of the league, we will still have around the same amount of wins and we absolutely embarrass ourselves against any team with a positive hearbeat and now the optimism is shooting through the roof? Last year we at least played some playoffs teams hard and had a chance to win.

This is still a bad team. Not a bottom dweller which is the reason why we have 7 wins. We can beat up on the worst teams in the league but when we play any team that is even average we lose and usually lose big.

Good teams on the rise beats teams they should beat like the Dolphins and Jets but will win at least a couple games against good teams and at the very least give them a run for their money.

Below average(like us) will beat the worst in the league in close games for the most part and get slaughtered against any good teams.

I just do not see how the optimism is running through the roof compared to last year. The only reason why we won 7 games this year is because we were in a division that would be 4 guaranteed wins for probably 27 other teams in the league too. In any other normal division we would've been a 4 win team at the very most.

Last year the Dolphins were at least competitive(only had one more loss then us) and the Jets were a playoff team and even with a more difficult schedule we finished with 7 wins. The only difference between the Bills and Jets this season is that we were slightly better and able to pull out a couple close games in the 4th quarter against them. If they win them games and we lose both of us have 5 wins. We should be very optimistic knowing that we were 13 points away(point differential in our two games) from having the same record as the Jets.

This year we end up having one of the easiest schedules in the NFL and only played against 5 teams with a winning record and one of them were against the reeling Giants that couldn't get out of their way the past few weeks. What happened in them games? All but one of them(thanks to Romo) we got the crap beat out of us and looked like fools out on the field. And even in that one close game we still embarrassed ourselves by giving up two scores in a minute with no timeouts and losing the game the way we did.

All of this leads to such a great and optimistic offseason? We were worse this year then last year. We just had an easier schedule this year.

Michael82
12-25-2007, 02:25 AM

Then so does Trent. :::

colin
12-25-2007, 03:00 PM
Just like some here to use satire to attempt to apply reverse psychology in attempting to paint a far rosier picture than exists.

is english your second language?

third?

justasportsfan
12-25-2007, 04:24 PM
Our D is supposed to be disruptive to the extent that it hampers opposing Os, but the only time that we've been successful is when our opponents have disintegrated within themselves or against merely pathetic offenses and or imbalanced ones.

WRONG! the D is successful when Trent is the qb. Didn't you see how good our D was the last 2 games? He just wins and makes the team better. Ask his fans.

YardRat
12-25-2007, 07:21 PM
Ok. So last year we were 7-9 and you didn't have any optimism going into this season. Now this season when our units are still ranked at the bottom of the league, we will still have around the same amount of wins and we absolutely embarrass ourselves against any team with a positive hearbeat and now the optimism is shooting through the roof? Last year we at least played some playoffs teams hard and had a chance to win.

You are reading way too much between the lines. I never said I had no optimism going into this year, or that my optimism was 'through the roof' for next year.

I maintained all off-season that this team was probably going to be 7-9, maybe worse, record-wise but that enough 'progress' would be made to set us up for a possible play-off run in '08. I'll stand by that still, and not just because the record is looking very likely.

Just some of the questions (IMO, anyway) going into last off-season...

1. JP - Had a few good games in the second half of the year, but hadn't proven he was able to start a season off strong and maintain any kind of consistency through an entire game let a lone the majority of the season. What happened in '07? For the third year in a row, a piss-poor start and an overall performance from Losman that eventually saw him play himself out of the line-up.

The answer? - Trent Edwards, who as a rookie unquestionably out-played the fourth year pro, stats be damned. He may not ever turn out to be 'The Franchise' but he's played well enough to not give me the jitters about opening day next year.

2. The O-line. They sucked last year and were in dire need of an upgrade.

The answer? - Dockery and Walker, to a certain extent Butler, and the continued progress of Peters. We still could use a dominant center, but looking for one piece of the puzzle as opposed to four is a no-brainer. They haven't improved much in the run game, but against the pass they've been far better than '07.

3. Running Back - Who was going to replace McGahee?

The answer - Lynch, and even Jackson. No argument here from anybody I would think (Except maybe Wys :D)

4. Fletcher/Clements/Spikes - Who was going to replace thses three starters in the line-up?

The answer - Poz hopefully will become the dominant LB some perceive him to be. If not DiG has played just as well as Fletcher would have. Greer came on to play just as well as Nate did the year before, and Ellison?Spikes is a wash. We still need one LB to complete the squad, but again looking for one upgrade is better than looking for two.

5. The defense - Statistically they sucked last year, and they needed to tighten up the reigns some.

The answer? - On paper, in total, they don't look much different than last year but in reality this unit, despite all the injuries appeared dominant at times and not just against bad teams. Teams that are learning don't usually maintain that for an entire game, especially not an entire season. Another year of growth and some more experience and this squad will be more consistently good than bad.

Bottom line...We still have needs that need to be addressed that were identified as needs also last year, but the holes that need to be plugged are fewer.

This is still a bad team. Not a bottom dweller which is the reason why we have 7 wins. We can beat up on the worst teams in the league but when we play any team that is even average we lose and usually lose big.

Good teams on the rise beats teams they should beat like the Dolphins and Jets but will win at least a couple games against good teams and at the very least give them a run for their money.

Below average(like us) will beat the worst in the league in close games for the most part and get slaughtered against any good teams.

We were 'in' the games against Dallas and Denver up to the final seconds. Cleveland up to the last drive of the game. Pittsburgh, NY Giants, and Jacksonville into the second half. Only the second New England game were we entirely out-classed for the entire game, but I'll even spot you both NE contests. Six out eight losses were winnable so I'll contest your opinion that we can't even compete with the better teams in the league.

Granted, we didn't beat them...but we did play with them and that's an encouraging sign for next year.

I just do not see how the optimism is running through the roof compared to last year. The only reason why we won 7 games this year is because we were in a division that would be 4 guaranteed wins for probably 27 other teams in the league too. In any other normal division we would've been a 4 win team at the very most.

Speculation. We're in the division we're in, and one of the reasons the Fins and Jets have such a poor record is because we swept them both. Nobody knows whether or not our record would be better or worse if we played in Cincinnati's, Atlanta's, or anyone else's division.

Last year the Dolphins were at least competitive(only had one more loss then us) and the Jets were a playoff team and even with a more difficult schedule we finished with 7 wins. The only difference between the Bills and Jets this season is that we were slightly better and able to pull out a couple close games in the 4th quarter against them. If they win them games and we lose both of us have 5 wins. We should be very optimistic knowing that we were 13 points away(point differential in our two games) from having the same record as the Jets.

This year we end up having one of the easiest schedules in the NFL and only played against 5 teams with a winning record and one of them were against the reeling Giants that couldn't get out of their way the past few weeks. What happened in them games? All but one of them(thanks to Romo) we got the crap beat out of us and looked like fools out on the field. And even in that one close game we still embarrassed ourselves by giving up two scores in a minute with no timeouts and losing the game the way we did.

All of this leads to such a great and optimistic offseason? We were worse this year then last year. We just had an easier schedule this year.

We could've lost to the Jets twice. Big deal...we didn't. We also could've beaten Dallas, Denver, and Cleveland if two field goals were missed and a screen pass was successful. But we didn't.

Basically, you can perceive what you want about the team, but from my standpoint we have far fewer questions going into next season than we did going into last season, and thus the reason my optimism (although not 'through the roof') is at a higher level for next year.

Ebenezer
12-25-2007, 11:15 PM
some people need to get a new team to root for...

madness
12-27-2007, 08:23 AM
some people need to get a new team to root for...

or come to grip with that people can yell, *****, complain, pretend to analyze all they want about how bad the team is... but the fact of the matter is that they have zero control over it.

We need to hand out scissors, glue and construction paper so that these people can actually be more productive in life.

Charo
12-27-2007, 08:29 AM

I'm a helluva lot more optimistic going into this off season than I was last year.me too

Bufftp
12-27-2007, 08:30 AM
We need to hand out scissors, glue and construction paper so that these people can actually be more productive in life.
Sorry the liability insurance would be too high to hand out scissors for this group...