PDA

View Full Version : Plummer Ready and Rolling at First Workout

PA Season Ticket Holder
04-03-2003, 12:43 AM
It's inaccurate to surmise that Jake Plummer went through the paces of his first workout as a member of the Denver Broncos with the enthusiasm of his rookie season. Truth be told, he'd reverted much further back into his past than just 1997.

"I was getting ready to leave Arizona (Sunday) and felt like a kid getting ready to go to junior high or high school," Plummer said. "I had a smile on my face; I was really ready to come up here with a fresh start and get things going."

As one of 37 players participating in the morning workout on the first day of the Broncos' offseason strength-and-conditioning program, he did just that.

And as he found out rapidly, the eyes of all in the Broncos' indoor practice bubble were on him. Not just the eyes of the media and cameras, which were focused on the passer's paces as he went through the drills, but of his new teammates.

"I was really wondering if he was going to be here today because I was going to call him and say, 'We just gave you eight million dollars, so we need to have you here,'" wide receiver Rod Smith said. "I was just glad (that) when I walked in the door, he was already here."

Early to rise, and ready to roll.

"It's just exciting to be training here where we work out at, where we're putting the work in the offseason, where we practice," Plummer said. "I haven't had that in the past. It was there for me (at Arizona), but I didn't want to participate. It wasn't as well-done as it was here."

"He was already ready to go and excited," Smith added. "You can kind of tell in some of the things he's said that he wants to kind of get going, he wants to start throwing now."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/front-features3/index.php3?clmn=/front-features3/033103_1.prm&go=shownews