PDA

View Full Version : Our wide recievers yesterday...

xXSpIkes5IXx
12-24-2007, 01:17 PM
Played the worst game ive even seen out of this unit all season.

Trent's first pick for a TD that gave the Giants the lead bounced off Lee Evan's hands.

On Trent's second pick for a TD Josh Reed ran a comeback route where he only "came back" one step.

Not to mentioned more drops by Evans, Parrish, Royal, Reed, and Gaines

Absolutely pathetic.

83evans
12-24-2007, 01:30 PM
This might be something that they can improve on in the offseason. Remember before this year they were used to Losman throwing passes. This offseason they will be able to work with TE and get better comunication.

patmoran2006
12-24-2007, 01:43 PM
The problem is Reed and Parrish are good WR's as backups, but neither should be starting.

Reed makes good catches, but he doesn't get open nearly enough. Parrish makes big plays but he's also wildly inconsistent.

As for our Tight ends, they are what they should be; journeymen tight ends who occassionally make the easy wide open TD catches and take a dump off play 10-15 yards every now and then.

When is the last time you seen a tight end in Buffalo make a huge downfield catch or run any kind of deep route with success?

jdbillsfan
12-24-2007, 02:51 PM
Played the worst game ive even seen out of this unit all season.

Trent's first pick for a TD that gave the Giants the lead bounced off Lee Evan's hands.

On Trent's second pick for a TD Josh Reed ran a comeback route where he only "came back" one step.

Not to mentioned more drops by Evans, Parrish, Royal, Reed, and Gaines

Absolutely pathetic.

I totally agree, which is saying something, since they really haven't played that good all season.

That was a weak route by Josh and Lee has got to catch that ball. I like Trent and think he has shown a lot this year, but he is a rookie and needs help from the vets. They didn't do that yesterday.

justasportsfan
12-24-2007, 02:55 PM
I totally agree, which is saying something, since they really haven't played that good all season.

thats what happens when you play musical chairs with 2 completely different qb's.

thats why Lee was calling for the coaches to stick with one. It's hard enough to get the right timing with 1 qb. Add in bad weather and it gets worse.

jdbillsfan
12-24-2007, 10:49 PM
thats what happens when you play musical chairs with 2 completely different qb's.

thats why Lee was calling for the coaches to stick with one. It's hard enough to get the right timing with 1 qb. Add in bad weather and it gets worse.

They are still professional players, that should be able to run routes and catch passes from different QB's.

I am sure Todd Collins throws a different ball than Jason Cambell, but the WR's are still able to run routes and catch his passes.

BillsFever21
12-24-2007, 11:03 PM
Our WR's have sucked for years so what is the difference? Don't blame all of Trent's miscues on only the WR's. He threw some completely horrible passes yesterday.

Good thing the Giants came out of the gate sleepwalking or we would've gotten embarassed almost as bad as the Patriots game.