PDA

View Full Version : This is where I see our O is headed next year!

justasportsfan
12-24-2007, 02:44 PM
K-Gun . NO huddle O.

Thoughts?

YardRat
12-24-2007, 02:46 PM
Depending on who the OC is...Maybe.

I'd run it.

im4bflo
12-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Marchabroda?!!!

justasportsfan
12-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Depending on who the OC is...Maybe.

I'd run it.

I think MArv will bring in someone who can run it since Dick is clueless about the O.

I think Trent has the brains for it. Don't know if he'll be successful at it.

im4bflo
12-24-2007, 02:50 PM
I think MArv will bring in someone who can run it since Dick is clueless about the O.

I think Trent has the brains for it. Don't know if he'll be successful at it.

man, that's a gamble.

justasportsfan
12-24-2007, 02:52 PM
man, that's a gamble.

what is?

im4bflo
12-24-2007, 03:03 PM
what is?

Like you said, not knowing if Edwards can be succesful in the no huddle.
That would be a gamble.

Michael82
12-24-2007, 03:57 PM
Actually, when he has played No huddle this year, he's done a very good job with it. I'm all for that. :up:

justasportsfan
12-24-2007, 03:58 PM
That would be a gamble.
Actually no matter what O we run, it's a gamble.

Mr. Pink
12-24-2007, 03:59 PM
Terrible idea.

Our defense isn't good enough to employ this type of style.

Our goal should be keeping them off the field as long as possible, not throwing them back to the wolves as fast as we can.

We 1-2-3 punt enough as it is, but sometimes run at least a minute off the clock. Imagine going no huddle and 1-2-3 punt. We'll give our porous D about 30 seconds of rest.

This idea is infinitely worse than what Fairchild calls now, sorry Justa.

justasportsfan
12-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Terrible idea.

Our defense isn't good enough to employ this type of style.

Our goal should be keeping them off the field as long as possible, not throwing them back to the wolves as fast as we can.

We 1-2-3 punt enough as it is, but sometimes run at least a minute off the clock. Imagine going no huddle and 1-2-3 punt. We'll give our porous D about 30 seconds of rest.

This idea is infinitely worse than what Fairchild calls now, sorry Justa.

I wasn't suggesting we go no huddle. IMO this might be were Marv wants to go.

keeping teams off the filed hasn't produced points for us . Fairchilds system hasn't produced anything for us. Anything is better than Fairchilds system. Fairchilds system does not fool anyone. At least the no huddle might confuse both our O and the opposing D at the same time. :snicker:

But make no mistake, anything is better than Fairchild.

Yasgur's Farm
12-25-2007, 09:21 AM
I think it would be an excellent idea...

1st of all... "No huddle" doesn't necessarily mean "hurry-up". Indy, for example, does a nice job of taking their time while evaluating the D scheme.

2nd of all... While Edwards isn't Peyton Manning, it would give him more time to recognize the D package at hand and adjust accordingly.

And C... As long as the Bills are at the line of scrimmage, the D can't make substitutions.

In short... The "no huddle", when utilized properly, handcuffs the D in mismatched packages while, at the same time, allows the QB time to evaluate the D and run a play that would optimize results.

YardRat
12-25-2007, 09:30 AM
"No huddle" doesn't necessarily mean "hurry-up".

Exactly.

yordad
12-25-2007, 03:33 PM
I think it would be an excellent idea...

1st of all... "No huddle" doesn't necessarily mean "hurry-up". Indy, for example, does a nice job of taking their time while evaluating the D scheme.

2nd of all... While Edwards isn't Peyton Manning, it would give him more time to recognize the D package at hand and adjust accordingly.

And C... As long as the Bills are at the line of scrimmage, the D can't make substitutions.

In short... The "no huddle", when utilized properly, handcuffs the D in mismatched packages while, at the same time, allows the QB time to evaluate the D and run a play that would optimize results.Hey draz. I assume you are the same draz from the "other board". Question for you:

What are the drawbacks? Why doesn't every team do it?

Yasgur's Farm
12-25-2007, 05:11 PM
Hey draz. I assume you are the same draz from the "other board". Question for you:

What are the drawbacks? Why doesn't every team do it?Hey yordad, welcome to BZ. Yup... I'm the same guy. And a fellow JP supporter as well. Although he kinda left us holding the bag didn't he?

Other than talent on hand and coaching preferences, I couldn't give specific reasons for any scheme over another. I just think in this case taht it gives Trent more time to look things over and use his best asset... his head.

G Wolly
12-25-2007, 05:14 PM
That would be a gamble.

That's what the whole off-season is for, to work on gameplans for next season.

yordad
12-25-2007, 10:30 PM
Hey yordad, welcome to BZ. Yup... I'm the same guy. And a fellow JP supporter as well. Although he kinda left us holding the bag didn't he?

Other than talent on hand and coaching preferences, I couldn't give specific reasons for any scheme over another. I just think in this case taht it gives Trent more time to look things over and use his best asset... his head.I happen to agree. But, I happen to think it would seemingly benifit every QB. There has to be a draw back that I am just not seeing.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-25-2007, 10:48 PM
its a sad day when our offensive game plan is to stall as long as we can before our D is back on the field

Losman4Life
12-25-2007, 10:55 PM
K-Gun . NO huddle O.

Thoughts?

If we are keeping Losman than I could see that happening. He's looked great when he's has had the opportunity to run the no huddle.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
12-25-2007, 11:07 PM
If we are keeping Losman than I could see that happening. He's looked great when he's has had the opportunity to run the no huddle.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The joke is getting old

G Wolly
12-25-2007, 11:15 PM
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The joke is getting old

I second, third, fourth, and infinite this motion.

Give it up. None of us like Losman anymore and nothing you say will change our minds, he's old news.

yordad
12-26-2007, 02:06 AM

Give it up. None of us like Losman anymore and nothing you say will change our minds, he's old news.Now, I agree that nobodies mind will likely be changed, but I beg to differ on your former point. Jp Losman happens to be a QB on my favorite team. And, I happen to like him very much. Nice guy too.

mybills
12-26-2007, 07:38 AM
Yeah, please rephrase that. I like both of our QB's.
I hope Losman sticks around to be our Veteran backup.

Back on topic...
Both of them handled the no huddle effectively, and I still want Fairchild gone...
yesterday!

Jan Reimers
12-26-2007, 07:51 AM
I think personnel are more important than the scheme. If we get a tall, rangy 2nd receiver and a pass catching TE - and a better center wouldn't hurt - we could be pretty good.

Without these additional weapons, we'll struggle regardless of the offensive set.

trapezeus
12-26-2007, 08:45 AM
i agree with the post. i said it in my article last week and then after watching the giants game, he seems very comfortable with it, they got matchups they wanted, and it put up points.

the defense really needs a legit set of LB's. The long runs were a function of the LB's getting taken right out of the hole. I think the secondary is ok. they haven't gotten torched too many times. The only time they do is when QB's have 3 weeks to pass. And no cover guy is going to maintain coverage that long. The DE's we are stuck with. And the DT is getting better. Maybe a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick with a low end free agent.

But the LB's are definitely just very good backups. Anyone of those guys would be great to have for SP and to play along side better linebackers. But as a threesome, they are pretty brutal. Poz comes back, maybe a 2nd rounder and a free agent.

That i think will immensely help the no huddle.

djjimkelly
12-26-2007, 08:49 AM

Give it up. None of us like Losman anymore and nothing you say will change our minds, he's old news.

speak for yourself

BillsPride12
12-27-2007, 02:34 PM
And whose offensive line are we going to borrow next season if we plan on running a K-Gun style no-huddle?

njsue
12-27-2007, 03:45 PM
Actually, when he has played No huddle this year, he's done a very good job with it. I'm all for that. :up:

I do expect the Bills offense to become explosive in 2008.

HHURRICANE
12-27-2007, 04:50 PM
How about getting some more players first. We really need some wideouts that can catch. Having balls bounce off or Gaines and Evans isn't going to make a K-gun or no-huddle effective.

justasportsfan
12-27-2007, 06:30 PM
How about getting some more players first. We really need some wideouts that can catch. Having balls bounce off or Gaines and Evans isn't going to make a K-gun or no-huddle effective.
NOt their fault, it's the weather . That excuse worked for Trent no?

Johnny Bugmenot
12-27-2007, 07:32 PM
The Bills offense will head the same direction Santa Claus does: south in December...

im4bflo
12-27-2007, 09:40 PM
I think the O is headed where our coaching staff desides, and not where you guys assume. And I assume that would be preferably the endzone.
:gobills:

Bling
12-27-2007, 09:58 PM
Talk about confusion. The game really comes out of the OC's hands, and it's up to the signal caller to make sure the whole offense is in synch. I don't think your offense has the personnel to do it. You guys should really build your team to be like the Steelers. Smash mouth running. Give the ball to Lynch. Give the ball to Lynch. Oh, and give the ball to Lynch. Then throw it deep to Evans.