PDA

View Full Version : Peters done (and may miss Pro Bowl too)

patmoran2006
12-24-2007, 03:05 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3167825

What a ****ing shame. He DESERVES to play in the Pro Bowl. What a horribly ugly season with injuries, and this is the topper now.

raphael120
12-24-2007, 03:06 PM
Honestly question our conditioning coaches, along with every other coach.

Forward_Lateral
12-24-2007, 03:07 PM
I'm happy as heck for the guy, but I hope he doesn't risk tearing his groin just for the sake of playing in Hawaii. By all means, go, get drunk, get laid, but you don't HAVE to suit up to be part of the festivities :up:

patmoran2006
12-24-2007, 03:11 PM
When the Bills give out their end of the year awards, I think there is NO QUESTION Jason Peters was the MVP of this team, and if anyone disagrees go back on your TIVO's and see what happened to the offense when he went out Sunday.

MikeInRoch
12-24-2007, 03:33 PM
Will they bother with IR? I think we really need to make it 1/week.

chernobylwraiths
12-24-2007, 03:35 PM
When the Bills give out their end of the year awards, I think there is NO QUESTION Jason Peters was the MVP of this team, and if anyone disagrees go back on your TIVO's and see what happened to the offense when he went out Sunday.

I think Marshawn will be MVP.

Mr. Miyagi
12-24-2007, 05:06 PM
Who cares about playing in the Pro Bowl. He got his nomination and that's all the honor you need.

Let's just hope he comes back 100% next season.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-24-2007, 09:16 PM
On top of no playoffs and no winning season (possibly not even .500)... no Pro Bowlers either. I think we can officially declare this season... A BUST.

Bone
12-26-2007, 01:24 AM

Most of the guys on IR had injuries that just happen, you can't really condition for a broken arm, ankle, and finger nail.

yordad
12-26-2007, 01:58 AM
Most of the guys on IR had injuries that just happen, you can't really condition for a broken arm, ankle, and finger nail.SOmeone went out with a finger nail injury? Heck, I wanna fire someone now too.

Stewie
12-26-2007, 07:29 AM

What kind of conditioning is going to prevent a helmet to the nutsack?

Jan Reimers
12-26-2007, 08:17 AM
I don't see Peters' injury as anywhere near as damaging as most of the others. He'll miss the last, meaningless game of the season and the even more meaningless Pro Bowl.

They should do away with the Pro Bowl, anyway. It's as big a joke as the embarrassingly no-defense NHL All Star game.

Johnny Bugmenot
12-26-2007, 11:55 AM
What kind of conditioning is going to prevent a helmet to the nutsack?

An athletic supporter.

Mahdi
12-26-2007, 12:14 PM
On top of no playoffs and no winning season (possibly not even .500)... no Pro Bowlers either. I think we can officially declare this season... A BUST.
This season was not a bust at all..........

There is a lot that was discovered about this team over the course of the season that will be vital to our personnel and coaching decisions next year.

1) We have a starting QB that has displayed smarts and skills in his first year.

2) We have a starting corner opposite McGee, so we dont need to go get another one.

3) McCargo got valuable experience and has proven his worth and also that he is our best DT.

4) Our OL got a year under their belts and can look forward to busting out next season.

5) We know exactly what the team needs personnel-wise to reach the next level. WR, TE, C, maybe OLB for Ellison.

6) With all the injuries this team has suffered through it gave other guys a chance to get valuable experience which will make our team very deep next year. George Wilson is a perfect example of that and I wouldn't be surprised to see him start over Ko next year.

What I see now is that this is a team that has become plug and play from now on. The system is in place, coaching is steady, and all we need is a couple of impact players to fit in to our line-up which will instantly make us better on both sides of the ball. The Giants game was a perfect way to end the season IMO because it highlighted exactly what is wrong with this team and they are problems that are easily fixed since everything else is in place.