PDA

View Full Version : Giants Game

jdbillsfan
12-24-2007, 10:46 PM
Sorry, this is long.

This game was definitely a disappointment, but pretty much showed where we stand as a team.

As far as Trent Edwards goes, I am a big fan. He doesn't have the supporting cast that Rothelisberger had and as a rookie, so obviously he struggled at times. I think he exceeded expectations. When you start a rookie, you really need everyone else to step up, from the play calling, to the WR's, O-Line and even the Defense. We just aren't there yet.

He needs help. He is not at the stage in his career where he is going to carry the team on his back. He may never be, but he definitely still needs help and he wasn't getting it.

I think he is definitely a QB that you can build around though, which is good.

These are just some comments I have regarding the Giants game and season:

- Haggan should have replaced Ellison. He is a stronger and more physical player who can actually tackle. Matched up better with the Giants in the elements.

- Kelsay is terrible unfortunately. He gets moved all over the field. Wherever the RT wants him is where he ends up. I wouldn't care as much if he was a low paid starter that could easily be replaced via FA or the draft.

- Schobel had a good game and is still a player, I just think he may look bad because the rest of our D-line is so weak.

- Whitner is starting to remind me of JP. He says the right things and I enjoy his press conferences, definitely shows that he has some talent, but does some bone headed things. Not sure how you take that angle on Jacobs and let him run right around you for a 43 yard TD.

- Butler stood out a couple times. On the screen that never developed, he got worked. I also didn't like seeing him standing next to the heater during the game. O-Lineman are supposed to be tough.

- Leonard is still in the NFL?

- The Bills needs some grizzly guys with long hair and scraggly beards, who would rather be hunting and fishing or bar room brawling than anything else. We seem to have a bunch of pretty boys who can't play in the elements.

- Throw to Lynch 2 to 3 times for big gaines in the first quarter, then never throw to him again... sweet.

- How many fumbles and picks did Eli have and they still won 38-21? That is what happens when you have a solid team with everyone stepping up. We aren't there yet.

- Cut Aiken. If Royal is split out wide on 4 WR sets, then there is a problem. Jenkins seems to have replaced him nicely on special teams.

- I think we really missed Pozlusny this year. He is a tackling machine that would have made a big difference. Digirgio is a good bench player. Ellison is a borderline bench player... if he is lucky.

- Peters is a beast.

- That RB Bradshaw, for the Giants, could be the next Willie Parker.

Should be an interesting offseason. I think Ralph is starting to get excited about some of the pieces he has here. Hopefuly that means he will help bring in some more weapons for his boy Trent.

patmoran2006
12-24-2007, 11:15 PM
Excellent post.. I dont disagree with anything you said to be honest.

Great point about kelsay. The worst part at $24 million, we're stuck with him.. I think that was a TERRIBLE investment; one of our worst in years. He's a borderline starter at best; rotational player in reality.

I also like and agree about the Whitner/JP comparison. Good insight

G Wolly
12-24-2007, 11:27 PM
Excellent post.. I dont disagree with anything you said to be honest.

I agree with his agreement.

If I took the time to out my ideas, I would have said similar things.