PDA

View Full Version : FYI

Devin
12-25-2007, 02:33 AM
I certainly want to close the season with a win, but just a little FYI for you draft hopefuls. Again im not saying I want to lose, just a little info is all.

I think as of now the Bills are drafting roughly about 17. Going into the last week of the season, if the Bills lose wed want the following to happen I believe.

(http://www.nfl.com/standings?category=league)

The Saints (7-8) play the Bears (6-9)
The 1st tie breaker is strength of schedule. As of now the Bears strength of schedule is .560 while the Saints is .480 and ours is .511. Im not sure how drastic these numbers will change after week 17 but regardless if the Saints win the Bears pick ahead of us. If the Bears win both are tied with us at 7-9 and I believe the Bears would still pick ahead of us.

Panthers (6-9) @ Tampa
Havent looked at all the Scenarios but I believe tampa has a playoff spot. Dont know if they can increase thier seeding any. Panthers strength of schedule as of now is .529 which will probably only go up playing the Bucs. I dont think we can leap them so this game may not matter.

Rams @ Arizona (7-8)
A Cardinals win moves us up.

Jags @ Houston (7-8)
A Texans win moves us up.

Cincy (6-9) @ Miami
Cincy's sos is .489 and will not be helped by Miami. A Bengals win should also move us up.

Minny @ Denver (6-9)
Denver currently has a .524 sos, so I dont believe a Broncos win helps any.

Detriot (7-8) @ Greenbay
A lions win moves us up. Dont believe the Packers can do any better then the #2 in the NFC, should be resting.

Teams wed want to have win assuming we lost: Lions, Texans, Cardinals, Bengals

Which means (and I most certainly could be wrong but at first glance....) the best we could pick I believe is about 12.

SquishDaFish
12-25-2007, 05:57 AM
Thats what I thought

Devin
12-25-2007, 10:45 AM
Id prefer a win, just something to keep in mind I suppose.

yordad
12-25-2007, 03:15 PM
I think you have it back words. I believe the team with the weaker schedule picks first. So, it the Bears win and we lose, we have the same record, and they have a harder schedule. Meaning we pick first.

I'm not 100 % sure though.

Goobylal
12-25-2007, 03:22 PM
Yes, the team with the weaker schedule drafts first, because if two teams (A and B) have the same record, but team A played weaker teams to get to that record then they're a weaker team than team B.

Devin
12-25-2007, 06:02 PM
ahhhh my bad. Well in that case we want the bears, Broncos and Panthers to win to.

Which would also mean we could be drafting as high as 9th?

kscdogbillsfan1221
12-25-2007, 07:15 PM
9? that's the perfect spot to draft a DB from ohio state. lol.