Now that the realists were right again...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Now that the realists were right again...

Now that we are absolutely sure that we are finishing in the 7-9 to 9-7 range as some of us predicted, I think it's safe to say that we have some major holes that need to get figured out in the off-season:

1) Our D sucks. No matter how you slice it the last 2 weeks proved that we have the worst run D in the league with our pass D is not far behind. We need another DT and some DEs to challenge the 2 useless white guys we have. I actually believe that DE is more improtant than LB and will be the first to say Briggs is a waste of money to bring here.

2) Evans proved to me that he's a faster version of Reed and not as reliable. Time to get a real #1 receiver to challenge Evans for the spot. Evans or the new guy will be our #2 and hopefully send Price into retirement.

3) Time to bring in a #3 RB because Wright and Thomas belong on the same bus out of here. Wright is looking like a bad pick in the 4th but that's the way the ball bounces sometimes.

4) I do not want a TE. I would rather see us spend the money on back up O-lineman that can rotate. For those who think we are replacing Fowler I can tell you right now it won't happen.

Prediction for next year:

9-7 or 10-6 which means that the playoffs will most likely be missed again.
  • OpIv37
    Acid Douching Asswipe
    • Sep 2002

Re: Now that the realists were right again...

You're wrong. We have 3 useless white guys at DE.
    MiKiDo Facebook
    MiKiDo Website

Comment

• djjimkelly
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by OpIv37
      You're wrong. We have 3 useless white guys at DE.

1 of them could be a nice project at LB in a 3-4 scheme

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

Seriously, though- I agree that the DL simply isn't good enough, but with the money we've spent on Schobel, Kelsay, Tripplett and to a lesser extent, Denney, I don't see any moves being made here, We could use an upgrade at LB, but if Poz comes back and either he or DiGiorgio can put Ellison on the bench, we'll be ok. Whitner is the most overrated part of the D- and before anyone blames it on the pass rush- the pass rush didn't run into the punter or take a bad angle and get beat to the endzone on the running play.

I think Evans would be fine if he had someone to take pressure off, but we need a true #2 receiver and we do need to get rid of Price (he has a backloaded contract so he's probably already on the short list of "cap casualties).

I agree with your assessment of Wright and Thomas, but it's a #3 RB- who cares? We should pay more attention to other positions.

A good receiving TE like Clarke would make life easier for Evans and whoever we get to play #2 WR.

As far as predictions for next year, I'll wait to see who we lose/get in the off-season before commenting.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
          Now that we are absolutely sure that we are finishing in the 7-9 to 9-7 range as some of us predicted, I think it's safe to say that we have some major holes that need to get figured out in the off-season:

1) Our D sucks. No matter how you slice it the last 2 weeks proved that we have the worst run D in the league with our pass D is not far behind. We need another DT and some DEs to challenge the 2 useless white guys we have. I actually believe that DE is more improtant than LB and will be the first to say Briggs is a waste of money to bring here.

2) Evans proved to me that he's a faster version of Reed and not as reliable. Time to get a real #1 receiver to challenge Evans for the spot. Evans or the new guy will be our #2 and hopefully send Price into retirement.

3) Time to bring in a #3 RB because Wright and Thomas belong on the same bus out of here. Wright is looking like a bad pick in the 4th but that's the way the ball bounces sometimes.

4) I do not want a TE. I would rather see us spend the money on back up O-lineman that can rotate. For those who think we are replacing Fowler I can tell you right now it won't happen.

Prediction for next year:

9-7 or 10-6 which means that the playoffs will most likely be missed again.
          I thought the realists were calling for 4-12 to 6-10.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

I disagree about the TE. There's an interesting article about the revolution of the position, and it points out how a good TE can make a difference.

"The teams that have the most productive passing games and are most wide-open are the most successful," said Redskins offensive guru Al Saunders, who has coached the original Kellen Winslow, Gonzalez and now Cooley.

"When you have somebody that can be a part of the running game as well as the passing game and be efficient, now you add more dimension to your offense. And I've always maintained that an offense that's unpredictable is an offense that has an opportunity for great success."

"It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Elminster
              #1 Kelsay Fan
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
              Heehee...we win! AGAIN!
              I predicted 8-8 as a low-range record. So, I think some explaining is in order, Hurricane.

As for what Op said, it's sadly right. I feel like a broken record, but why don't we start McCargo? Is our coaching staff the only bunch of morons in the world who doesn't think that they're not losing anything by starting him over Tripp? I mean, looking at it from a safe, avoid-losing point of view.
              Good riddance Fairchild. Of course, the knowledge of your departure will only make TE more hateable than the typical Bills QB. Good luck, hope we don't mess you up like JP.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                • Mar 2005

Originally posted by Philagape
                I disagree about the TE. There's an interesting article about the revolution of the position, and it points out how a good TE can make a difference.

"The teams that have the most productive passing games and are most wide-open are the most successful," said Redskins offensive guru Al Saunders, who has coached the original Kellen Winslow, Gonzalez and now Cooley.

"When you have somebody that can be a part of the running game as well as the passing game and be efficient, now you add more dimension to your offense. And I've always maintained that an offense that's unpredictable is an offense that has an opportunity for great success."
                http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
                There have been numerous articles written on the TE position. The only way it works is if you have a special talent. It's about as specialized as QB. Winslow was a slam dunk a few years ago. I don't see anybody in the draft or FA that will be available for Buffalo to make an impact so I think we should concentrate on other positions.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                  • Mar 2005

Pull my prediction threads. I has us at 7-9 worst case and 9-7 best case.

What I didn't do was put us in the Superbowl or playoffs.

Comment

• JPFBillsFan
                    • Jan 2006

We need the following:

A real DE like Allen, stop wasting money on bums like Schobel/Kelsey. Denny isn't that bad
                    A real TE like Tony Gonzalez. Without a real TE our Passing attack will continue to struggle. Gaines & Royal don't cut it.
                    A real DT. I love McCargo and I like Williams. Tripplet's time has come and gone. Bring in a monster like Haynesworth
                    An upgrade at OLB. Poz will be rusty at first, so he'll need to good Vets on the outside. Crowell is 1, just need another.
                    A real SS. Bob Sanders would be HUGE on this team. Love Whitner, but don't love the way he plays. Move him to CB.
                    Obviously a #2, but more importantly a TALL #2.

All of this is a pipe dream. RW/Marv at most will bring in 2-3 free agents we've all never heard of. And the beat goes on...at OBD

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                      • Mar 2005

Originally posted by JPFBillsFan
                      We need the following:

A real DE like Allen, stop wasting money on bums like Schobel/Kelsey. Denny isn't that bad
                      A real TE like Tony Gonzalez. Without a real TE our Passing attack will continue to struggle. Gaines & Royal don't cut it.
                      A real DT. I love McCargo and I like Williams. Tripplet's time has come and gone. Bring in a monster like Haynesworth
                      An upgrade at OLB. Poz will be rusty at first, so he'll need to good Vets on the outside. Crowell is 1, just need another.
                      A real SS. Bob Sanders would be HUGE on this team. Love Whitner, but don't love the way he plays. Move him to CB.
                      Obviously a #2, but more importantly a TALL #2.

All of this is a pipe dream. RW/Marv at most will bring in 2-3 free agents we've all never heard of. And the beat goes on...at OBD

Like the post. A couple of thougts:

1) Wanting a great TE is like wanting a great QB. Getting one is alot harder than it sounds.

2) I'm certainly scared that the Bills could be less tham impactful in FA justifying that injuries kept starters off of the field and we don't need as much. Scary but only time will tell.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
                        What I didn't do was put us in the Superbowl or playoffs.
                        First off NO ONE predicted Superbowl so why even mention the fact that you didn't mark us down for something 100% of us didn't mark us down for... WOW WHAT A PREDICTION!!!

Secondly most "homers" predicted in the 7-9 9-7 range. Again the Realists were saying after the 0-3 start that the Bills may not win 1 game this year.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                          • Jul 2002

different sides are calling themselves the realist.
                          sacrifice1
                          https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

First off NO ONE predicted Superbowl so why even mention the fact that you didn't mark us down for something 100% of us didn't mark us down for... WOW WHAT A PREDICTION!!!

Secondly most "homers" predicted in the 7-9 9-7 range. Again the Realists were saying after the 0-3 start that the Bills may not win 1 game this year.
                            He likes to gloat. Skooby didn't predict sb so I guess he must be a realist.
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              different sides are calling themselves the realist.
                              I can't keep it straight anymore!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X