PDA

View Full Version : Waterlogged Footballs

raphael120
12-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Nothin like our coaches waitin til the last game of the year to get our players ready to play in the elements!

WHAT THE **** MAN!!?! I think everyone in WNY KNEW it was going to rain and be crap weather last Sunday, WHY WEREN'T WE DOING THIS EARLIER!?!?!

For the record we have some of the WORST coaches in the league. Who the hell waits this long for their players to get acclimated to weather!? YOU PLAY IN BUFFALO! GET YOUR ASS OUT OF THE NICE COZY FIELD HOUSE AND PLAY BUFFALO FOOTBALL! Ok...I feel better... /rant

<table style="border-bottom: 1px solid rgb(0, 45, 120);" width="100%"><tbody><tr><td align="left">Today
</td> <td align="right">Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 12:17 PM

</td> </tr></tbody></table> WATERLOGGED FOOTBALLS: Bills receivers coach Tyke Tolbert was obviously not too happy about some dropped balls in last Sunday's loss to the Giants. With rain in the forecast for Sunday's game at Philly, Tolbert at practice today had three footballs completely dunked into a bucket of water prior to position drills at practice. Then when individual receiver drills began, Tolbert began throwing the waterlogged footballs to his receivers who were running some quick slant routes. The receivers were still having trouble with the wet footballs to begin with, but got better as they went along. The receivers even dunked their glove covered hands in the water to simulate how wet their hands might get Sunday. ---

mchurchfie
12-26-2007, 04:20 PM
Couldn't agree more.

Albany,n.y.
12-26-2007, 06:19 PM
I think they should have had them going over Niagara Falls in barrels and been throwing footballs at them before the Giants game. Everyone knew we were going to be playing in one of the worst rain storms ever to hit Ralph Wilson Stadium. They were unprepared!

Wys Guy
12-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Nothin like our coaches waitin til the last game of the year to get our players ready to play in the elements!

WHAT THE **** MAN!!?! I think everyone in WNY KNEW it was going to rain and be crap weather last Sunday, WHY WEREN'T WE DOING THIS EARLIER!?!?!

For the record we have some of the WORST coaches in the league. Who the hell waits this long for their players to get acclimated to weather!? YOU PLAY IN BUFFALO! GET YOUR ASS OUT OF THE NICE COZY FIELD HOUSE AND PLAY BUFFALO FOOTBALL! Ok...I feel better... /rant

But, ... but, ...Jauron was Coach of the Week one week!

;)

Hey raphael, how goes buddy!!!

:smile:

jamze132
12-27-2007, 01:46 AM
Its pretty perplexing that they didn't do this before, but at least Tyke is attempting to correct a problem. Better late than never...

realdealryan
12-27-2007, 08:46 AM
What's wrong with developing a game plan that will suit the elements? Maybe specific play calls work better than others. No, screw it, just soak the footballs.

Night Train
12-27-2007, 08:56 AM
Learn how to run the football and stop the run and you won't have to worry about so many downfield passes. It's SCIENCE !

OpIv37
12-27-2007, 09:02 AM
What's wrong with developing a game plan that will suit the elements? Maybe specific play calls work better than others. No, screw it, just soak the footballs.

why not just do both?

Johnny Bugmenot
12-27-2007, 10:19 AM
I think they should have had them going over Niagara Falls in barrels and been throwing footballs at them before the Giants game. Everyone knew we were going to be playing in one of the worst rain storms ever to hit Ralph Wilson Stadium. They were unprepared!

You know... there's this thing called "meteorology," where we can actually forecast the weather several days in advance. It's all over the TV newscasts. You should check it out.

justasportsfan
12-27-2007, 10:22 AM
What's wrong with developing a game plan that will suit the elements? Maybe specific play calls work better than others..they should do it before winter gets here.Just like they were practicing hitting the wrs in stride. Not after we've lost our season.

No, screw it, just soak the footballs.they should soak it in oil and practice in a skating rink.

OpIv37
12-27-2007, 10:23 AM
they should soak it in oil and practice in a skating rink.

how convenient- there's going to be one on the field at RWS in a couple of days, if it's not there already.

raphael120
12-27-2007, 10:29 AM
But, ... but, ...Jauron was Coach of the Week one week!

;)

Hey raphael, how goes buddy!!!

:smile:
What's happenin Wys!? It's goin good, I just am concluding my week stint in Buffalo for the holidays in which I've watched BOTH of our sports teams lose agnoizingly.

Actually last night I saw Mikey at the Sabres store.

Sorry Mikey, I was going to come up and introduce myself but the place was a mad house and I would have gotten trampled!

But yeah, Jauron should get "Chump of the Year" and Wilson should get "Underachiever of the Year".

"I was surprised we got 7 wins!" - Ralph Wilson

Way to set the bar low, Ralphy.

SabreEleven
12-27-2007, 12:09 PM
1. why didn't they think of this before the Cleveland game? I'm pretty sure that knew it might snow there.

2. Why is the coach throwing the soaked balls? He won't be the one throwing them in the game.

SabreEleven
12-27-2007, 12:13 PM
Its pretty perplexing that they didn't do this before, but at least Tyke is attempting to correct a problem. Better late than never...

Fixing it after they have no shot at the playoffs in NOT better late than never.

Michael82
12-27-2007, 02:33 PM
What's happenin Wys!? It's goin good, I just am concluding my week stint in Buffalo for the holidays in which I've watched BOTH of our sports teams lose agnoizingly.

Actually last night I saw Mikey at the Sabres store.

Sorry Mikey, I was going to come up and introduce myself but the place was a mad house and I would have gotten trampled!

But yeah, Jauron should get "Chump of the Year" and Wilson should get "Underachiever of the Year".

"I was surprised we got 7 wins!" - Ralph Wilson

Way to set the bar low, Ralphy.

You saw me there? You should have said hi! :mad: I was there at the arena and stopped at the store AFTER the depressing game. I can't believe that they couldn't get one last goal at the end when they needed it. :( I bought myself a throwback tshirt and a new shirt to wear under my Ryan Miller throwback jersey.

G Wolly
12-27-2007, 02:56 PM
Learn how to run the football and stop the run and you won't have to worry about so many downfield passes. It's SCIENCE !

After awhile I think the defense would catch on to a run game, and I'm sure would get a stop every once in awhile.

HHURRICANE
12-27-2007, 04:45 PM
They should soak a pig in oil and have the D practice tackling it.

G Wolly
12-27-2007, 05:07 PM
My friend has an actual NFL "Duke" football and when we played football in the rain it got easily about 3 pounds heavier.

Michael82
12-27-2007, 05:21 PM
:lmao:

G Wolly
12-27-2007, 06:48 PM

http://content.ytmnd.com/content/2/6/8/2684e6fbbe8460615033952a77210f70.jpg