PDA

View Full Version : Giants ticket holders selling chance to see Brady, Patriots go 16-0

G. Host
12-26-2007, 04:04 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3168221

"It looks like it's on pace to be one of our top 25 events for all time. It's definitely one of our hot sellers," Joellen Ferrer, a spokesman for Internet auction site StubHub, which specializes in tickets for events, told the newspaper. "Although it's meaningless to the Giants, it's still going to be a great game to watch."

In the first 24 hours after the Giants beat the Bills, more than 200 Giants ticket holders put their seats up for bid on the auction site, eBay.

As of Monday, about 3,000 tickets were available for purchase on StubHub
Tickets on StubHub have gone for as much as $1,600 apiece, Ferrer said.

I wonder if having game simulcast on three networks will increase or decrease demand? More and more chance of being shown on TV for idiots spending that much.

Albany,n.y.
12-26-2007, 06:25 PM
I bet the prices start coming down with the regular networks taking the game .

By the way, the monsoon on Sunday was worse than that Patriot game we were at in 2000. The stadium flooded to the 1st row and there was no place to put one's feet. All the people in sec 219 1st row fled except for the end seats where there was someplace to put your feet on. By the way, my section couldn't take refuge in the bathroom because that was shut down due to the flooding. I ended up fleeing to the upper deck-the 1st rows were flooded too.

Michael82
12-26-2007, 11:02 PM

By the way, the monsoon on Sunday was worse than that Patriot game we were at in 2000. The stadium flooded to the 1st row and there was no place to put one's feet. All the people in sec 219 1st row fled except for the end seats where there was someplace to put your feet on. By the way, my section couldn't take refuge in the bathroom because that was shut down due to the flooding. I ended up fleeing to the upper deck-the 1st rows were flooded too.
The 100 level in my section, 123 had a creek flowing underneath our seats. It was very bad. No one sat down either, because of how wet the seats were.

Ebenezer
12-26-2007, 11:12 PM

We are in row 2...The folks in row 1 had a couple inches of water to keep their feet in.

jamze132
12-27-2007, 01:44 AM
If someone can afford to go to the game, they will. There are thousands of people who want to be able to say that they attended one of Brady's games during this years run. I don't think the game being showed on 3 networks is going to affect the attendance all that much.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2007, 06:19 AM
415 dollars for 2 tickets on ebay right now...

lower level 40ish yard line.

The tickets will sell for a nice profit for Giant fans.

Charo
12-27-2007, 08:21 AM
you couldn't pay me to watch the pats

DynaPaul
12-27-2007, 01:12 PM
I'd sell them too. There could be nothing worse than watching my team be the final win in that jackass team's undefeated season. I think ratings for the Patriots games have gone up recently, not because people want to see them go undefeated, because people are hoping they'll lose.

Michael82
12-27-2007, 01:45 PM
I'd sell them too. There could be nothing worse than watching my team be the final win in that jackass team's undefeated season. I think ratings for the Patriots games have gone up recently, not because people want to see them go undefeated, because people are hoping they'll lose.
That's exactly why. That team is probably the most hated in sports right now!

OpIv37
12-27-2007, 02:57 PM
Now I want the Patriots to lose more than ever, so those idiot Pats fans waste $1600.

It's not going to happen, but I'm still hoping.

**** the Pats.