• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Twistmyarm
    anyone seen my 50 mission cap?
    • Dec 2002

great win!

Now that's more like it!!! Sure have a couple of bad periods get outworked, out hit, out scored and outplayed (sounds like survivor) but never put your heads down and quit!

Nice comeback win, just shows the real potential of this team, and with a few tweeks here and there....

"just wait until next year"...the #1 phrase spoken by Buffalo fans!

I play real hockey...on the ICE, with a white helmet!
  • Typ0
    honey pie
    • Jul 2002

Guaranteed they will suck for the first 1/3 of the season unless Ruff is sent packing.

Comment

• The Spaz
      • Mar 2003

WTF why are we winning now when it doesn't matter. There insn't a NIT game in hockey. We should hav etanked it to get a high pick in the draft that would at least justify our poor season and make it a little more exciting. Go Sabres!

Comment

• WereRat
        • Feb 2003

They are playing for pride at this point, plain and simple. Guess it is a pretty good motivator. :-)
        Hockey is not a matter of life and death, it's much more important than that.

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
          Legendary Zoner
          • Jul 2002

They are playing for pride and to make sure they don't get a good enough player in the draft to take their jobs, as they move up the standings.

Comment

• SkateZilla
            • Dec 2002

They Are Winning Now Cause:

1. Ruff Is Leaving after this Season.
            2. RUFF is letting them Have Fun.
            3. They Got Paid and Ensured a Job for next year When Golisano Bought the Sabres.
            4. Briere Satan and Kotalik are Scoring 20+ Goals

Next Year under a New coach.. Satan and Kotalik and Briere will Prolly be30-35+ Goal Scorers.

as for Timmy Boy... i Dunno.. Maybe He Got laid..
            He Plays Good for a few games then plays like ****..

I Mean Come on.. How Many Consecutive Games Has He Played So far and he still hasnt learned.???

as For Marty Biron.. (I Know Biron's Girl is not gonna Like It but) he Isnt gona start winning more game until the dingy Puts the friggin Stick infront of the 5-Hole When He Drops To His Knee's!!!
            Skate Zilla
            -----------------------
            Skate Zilla HD Studios:
            SKATE ZILLA HD STUDIOS

Comment

• keepdasabesinbuffalo
              anyone seen my 50 mission cap?
              • Dec 2002

you guys are never happy....

the team is playing better, attendance is up, people are excited about next season...bottom line!

The draft isn't gonna do anything for us, we have a really good core of players here that could be a great team if they are properly motivated!

as for tanking it to get a good draft pick....that's just crazy. Have you noiticed the people in the stands where there used to be empty seats? That is because they are starting to do things right. they have all these ticket promotion deals going, the players are playing with a spark that is fun to watch. The last thing they should have done was say "hey we are already out of it...let's play like crap for the rest of the season boys, so we can get a better draft pick"

Tank the rest of the season and see how empty the seats would still be this year and probably next year.

IMHO this team is only missing two things to make them a seriously dangerous team for years to come. A coach who can take them there, and a vetran player to mold the young talent.

You take a player like Tim Connoly (who gets tore up on here all the time) with his stickhandling abilities and pure raw talent, and put a vetran skater out there with him to teach him how to slow down a little and be patient and he could easily be a huge sucess. That goes with alot of our youngsters.
              I play real hockey...on the ICE, with a white helmet!

Comment

• The Spaz
                • Mar 2003

We aren't going to be bringging any veterans from the outside we have what we have. Yeah I am glad we are playing better but I just wanted to have a high pick because we sucked so much in the beginning that it would kind of ease the pain a litllt that's all. Go Sabres!

Comment

• qcsabresfan84
                  • Feb 2003

just because we are further up in the standings, doesnt mean we still can't get the number one pick. last place isnt gauranteed it, there is a lottery.
                  N.C. STATE WOLFPACK

Comment

• Earthquake Enyart
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Jul 2002

I think the NHL has it set up that you can only move up or down 2 spots.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

the worst 5 teams are eligible for the top pick but it is waited. the Sabres will have like a 4% chance of getting the top spot. The worst they can pick is 6th. We'll know later today.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

Working...
                      X