PDA

View Full Version : Fins-Browns rumor

Kerr
12-27-2007, 07:15 PM
There is talk that Parcells is a big fan of Derek Anderson and would possibly trade their #1 for him. This could have a realistic chance of happening seeing as how brady quinn is getting paid a large amount to sit on the bench. They just signed Ken Dorsey to a 3 year extension. A 3rd stringer to a 3 year extension? Sounds a little odd. A backup I can understand, but not a 3rd stringer regardless of how helpful he is in preparation, etc. This probably wouldn't make sense unless they planned to make quinn the starter next season and dorsey his backup.

Discuss.

G Wolly
12-27-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm not sure if Anderson to the Phins would make much of a difference, especially in the short term.

IMO Lemon is a pretty decent QB worthy of remaining a starter for a team like the Phins.

EDIT: I hate my life haha, I just turned on HBO and they're showing the Browns highlights. This ALWAYS happens to me when I talk about something.

Mr. Pink
12-27-2007, 07:44 PM
Dorsey is unequivocally the third stringer in Cleveland...he's basically an extra coach on the sideline, nothing more, nothing less. I was happy when I heard they extended him.

The Browns should jump on the offer if the Fish offer their first rounder, first overall, for Derek Anderson. Darren McFadden would look sweet in the brown and orange on Sundays.

!Papacrunk!
12-28-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm not sure about the Derek Anderson thing--he's been a great QB (great fantasy football qb as well, lol) but giving up draft picks just kind of stinks, especially w/ our bad luck in doing so. On one side, no one knows if a rookie 1st rounder is going to be a bust or the real deal. I think they should look for a solid veteran QB and still look into Beck. He hasn't led the most spectacular rookie campaign, but I think it's way too soon to give up on him at this point.

Speaking of RUMORS, it seems like the other Browns rumor is Parcells being interested in Romeo Crennel as HC.

DraftBoy
12-28-2007, 11:14 AM
I think if anything the Phins would have more interest in Quinn then Anderson, but Im not sure who the Browns are more willing to give up.

Mr. Miyagi
12-28-2007, 03:25 PM
I think if anything the Phins would have more interest in Quinn then Anderson, but Im not sure who the Browns are more willing to give up.
Only if Cameron gets canned. No way he goes back with his tail tucked between his legs and endorse a trade for Quinn.

DraftBoy
12-28-2007, 05:21 PM
Only if Cameron gets canned. No way he goes back with his tail tucked between his legs and endorse a trade for Quinn.

I was not aware that Cameron had any say over personell, I thought Ginn over Quinn was Mueller's call not Cameron's. Mueller already has his tail tucked between his leg, 1-16 will do that to you.

G. Host
12-28-2007, 06:45 PM
I was not aware that Cameron had any say over personell, I thought Ginn over Quinn was Mueller's call not Cameron's. Mueller already has his tail tucked between his leg, 1-16 will do that to you.

Can the fins actually reach 1-16? That would be a record for the league for sure!

LtFinFan66
12-28-2007, 07:20 PM
I think if anything the Phins would have more interest in Quinn then Anderson, but Im not sure who the Browns are more willing to give up.If they wanted Quinn, they would have drafted Quinn

yordad
12-28-2007, 09:30 PM
How many 1st or 2nds do they have? I think they have 2 of something. Does anyone know how they got this extra pick if they have one?

If they have two 1st, maybe they could trade the second 1st.

I think they struck gold with Parcells.

LtFinFan66
12-28-2007, 09:35 PM
We have 2 seconds. Got one for Chambers

Mike13
12-30-2007, 10:36 AM
How many 1st or 2nds do they have? I think they have 2 of something. Does anyone know how they got this extra pick if they have one?

We have San Diego's sceond rounder.

And this rumor reeks of utter bull****, whch isnt a suprise considering PFT is the source.

Kerr
12-30-2007, 11:01 AM
We have San Diego's sceond rounder.

And this rumor reeks of utter bull****, whch isnt a suprise considering PFT is the source.

PFT doesn't have the best credibility, but on some occassions they've struck gold.
I think this rumor has a chance considering parcells with have the pressure to win now. Some fin fans think beck has a future in miami, but parcells has no loyalty to him. Considering the FA qb class is weak and anderson is the best of the crop, it'd make sense for parcells to give up a #1 for a proven qb, not some unproven rookie. You guys got 2 #1's which still gives you guys a chance to get two good starters. 1st rounders have that much more of a chance to be busts. From a business perspective, i'd probably do the trade.

YardRat
12-30-2007, 11:02 AM
I think Cleveland would be foolish to trade Anderson for only one pick, especially considering Quinn has no experience. Keep him for next year, and then make a decision on the QB.

Kerr
12-30-2007, 11:15 AM
I think Cleveland would be foolish to trade Anderson for only one pick, especially considering Quinn has no experience. Keep him for next year, and then make a decision on the QB.

Maybe they'd trade him for a 1st and a 4th? Who knows. Quinn having no experience doesn't really matter these days. Many teams don't want to pay 1st round picks tons of money to sit on the bench for more than one year. Russell is the starter next season in Oakland.

YardRat
12-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Stability at QB is so hard to find today, though. If you can land a guy that performs well consistently, you hang on to him until he fails to do so IMO.

Kerr
12-30-2007, 11:28 AM
Stability at QB is so hard to find today, though. If you can land a guy that performs well consistently, you hang on to him until he fails to do so IMO.

I agree with that, but look at the chargers. They did sit Rivers and used Brees until they could. I bet if the chargers had a chance to trade Brees for something in return, they would because their intention all along was to start Rivers in spite of Brees' performance.

Bling
12-30-2007, 11:37 AM
Miami is going to trade the 1st overall pick for Derek Anderson? WTF? I know it cost a ton of money to pay for the 1st overall, but we'd be dumb ****s to trade a 1st overall for anyone other than Brady or Manning.

Kerr
12-30-2007, 11:49 AM
This team was dumb to trade a #1 for Rob Johnson. These kind of trades happen. There's already talk of the eagles wanting a #1 for Mcnabb in the offseason and he's not manning or brady.

Mike13
12-30-2007, 02:48 PM
considering parcells with have the pressure to win now

No one with half a brain thinks this team is going to win now.
He was brought in here to rebuild this team.

The Jokeman
12-30-2007, 08:01 PM
Here's the way I see things going down, the Browns extend Anderson the highest tender and sign him to a one year contract. They let him play next year if he continues to play as he has this season then he'll be franchised next offseason and Quinn will be dealt to the highest bidder. However if he struggles then Quinn replaces him and he's shown the door. That's the smartest way to do it at least.